Asking Loop Advice (edited title for clarification)

I have a question on picking loops. If we get the new TT, it will be about two feet wider with the slide open and 5 or 6 longer (32 or 33ft) plus the length of the truck. We currently have the reservation for pet preferred. Dh is wondering if premium would be easier/better. We were in 328 last time and we seem to remember it as being small. I know for certain on one side there wasn't much room (the door side) but can't remember about the other side.....

what do you think?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spend the extra 5$ and get a bike with a kick stand next time. Who needs a stinkin bike rack anyway? ?

Nah, one of the lines on Nicki's 10 spreadsheets titled, "My unplanned WDW trip" tells her not to over-think it except on Fridays and Tuesdays.

Step away from the Excel.

IMO you get the biggest sites in full hook up and all 4 loops are pet friendly.

on second thought... Not sure I'd call 1800 & 1900 people friendly but they are pet loops.

The tricky bit in the 300 loop is where the trees are. In this TT we're 32-ish feet plus the Excursion and a 9x12 pen for the mutts that we like to put behind the TT.

We can fit lengthwise in some of the longer sites in 300 without any trouble (334 and 335 are our favorites), but depending on where your slides are, you may need to pull up/back to clear posts and trees. We've been in 335 the last 2 years and have about 2" of clearance on either side of the driver's side slide. We could fit fine if we pushed the TT back further, but then the pen wouldn't fit (and I think we'd have tires on the coquina). And at that, we need to angle the truck in to get it completely off the street.

6342883868_b45b9db55e_b.jpg

1600 & 1700 are closer to the pool than premium, or they sure seem like it. They also cost less. In fact, just the difference between full & premium with my industry rates would pay for a Kenny cart. It would be really cool to be so close to the settlement where Judy's site is, but not cool enough for me to pay that much extra for closer quarters. That's just me though...

We were in premium with a pet friendly 400 loop. Looking at all the sites, there might have been one or two that were iffy, but most of them looked fine. We have 35 foot with 3 slides. Two of them are in the back, across from each other. We use up a lot of real estate. We had no concerns in the Disney loop. The one at Fort DeSoto, we had to be sure that a tree lined up between the front and back slides on the driver's side. We often have to do that.

the 500 loop is nice with many LARGE sites all seem to have easy acsess. we were in full hookup 1800 I believe plenty of lot space but acsess was very tight at the time we had a 38' fifth wheel

the 500 loop is nice with many LARGE sites all seem to have easy acsess. we were in full hookup 1800 I believe plenty of lot space but acsess was very tight at the time we had a 38' fifth wheel

500 is also not a bad walk to the Settlement/Marina

basically the same as from the 300 hundred though I will miss the walk along the canal every morning with the dog.

Our Brady is not a dog park dog and we love our time out on the 300 canal. I usually bring a frisbee and when we get all the way to the end, if there's no one else around (which there usually isn't) we play "watch the crazy border collie race around in circles chasing the frisbee"

Actually since the dog park opened a few years ago, it's rare we ever run into any other dogs out on the dog walk. If anything we see people bring their dogs in the entrance, go about 20 feet, have the dog do their business, and then leave.

The 3000 loop is close to everything, full of amenities and has the widest and longest sites. Send your reservation request and deposit to me.

It was a real easy walk to the Marina from the 400. Using the bus to get to the front was a different story. It is about the same distance to the Settlement bus stop as it is to the 300-500 bus stop. Glad we had the golf cart and only needed the bus once.

It was a real easy walk to the Marina from the 400. Using the bus to get to the front was a different story. It is about the same distance to the Settlement bus stop as it is to the 300-500 bus stop. Glad we had the golf cart and only needed the bus once.

That is a very good point.

And so is the one about access to the big dog walk area next to the canal.

My $.02 is that you should stay in the 300 loop.

Your DH must be good at backing the trailer, so there is no reason not to be on the 300 loop.

Yes, there are some tight spots on that loop, but it is in a great location.

TCD

It think people spend too much time trying to find the perfect site. I have even stayed in the dreaded 1800 and 1900 loops after heavy rains and can't say I had a bad site. After all, you're at freakin Fort Wilderness!

It think people spend too much time trying to find the perfect site. I have even stayed in the dreaded 1800 and 1900 loops after heavy rains and can't say I had a bad site. After all, you're at freakin Fort Wilderness!

Exactly.

Once I got over myself, I found I really liked the site I was pouty facing about.

This isn't about getting the best site, it's about making sure DH is comfortable backing in the new TT. It is longer and wider than the old one. We are also limited by the fact it is a rally and only so many of each type were reserved. No partials reserved, only 10 full hookups (all taken), etc.....

That part stinks, having only a few to choose from.

There were definitely sites that wider openings than others and some that had trees in not so great spots. DH made a point of showing me the ones that he would prefer we never get.