Will I survive? Doodle at the Fort in July.

Ok, here we go! The weather is beautiful here. Nice breeze and about 79 degrees. I must be out of my mind.

I have never been to Florida in July but there's a first time for everything. I am going prepared though. I have a screen canopy, a sun shade. A canopy to park the GC under, fans, bug spray and lots of booze.

Knowing I will be seeing many of my favorite Fiends and meeting many new ones will make dying in Florida all worth it.

I am going to try to remember to take pictures and post but you all know how well I do with that.

007-7.jpg

013-2.jpg

005-5.jpg

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Where am I? I have this thing, which I realize most of you can't relate to, called a job. Anyway, I will be doing the Tri-fecta, COP, IASW, and the EWP, all in one night with a Fiend, but that Fiend p

You won't have to go far to meet some Fiends. There are two in that loop. I was going to stop by for a spiking run, but it's no fun doing that in the rain. I'll try again tomorrow.

who do you think taught us how to be shameless... it was MMMMMMMMAAAAAA

Ok, here we go! The weather is beautiful here. Nice breeze and about 79 degrees. I must be out of my mind.

I have never been to Florida in July but there's a first time for everything. I am going prepared though. I have a screen canopy, a sun shade. A canopy to park the GC under, fans, bug spray and lots of booze.

Knowing I will be seeing many of my favorite Fiends and meeting many new ones will make dying in Florida all worth it.

I am going to try to remember to take pictures and post but you all know how well I do with that.

007-7.jpg

That face says..." I am driving and if you don't put the camera away......"

BTW, as someone who lives in the heat of it, Charleston, SC, I can assure you that you will survive. Sure, you may feel like you've walked into a wall when you step outside of the MH. Sure you may be soaked with sweat before you make it down the MH steps. See, that's all part of the fun. It took the first 10 years or so I lived in Charleston to get used to it, but now I am. So yes, you'll be fine. And in 10 years, you'll have no problems with it at all.

I have lived in Florida with breaks here and there for a million years. Ok, maybe not quite that long! I guess I must have descended from ancestors that were meant to live in cooler climates because there are times I am sure I will die just walking to the car. This heat can be deadly. Thankfully, I know that your plans do not include any physical labor except for moving the cup to your mouth! It is a testament to how much I love you that I am willing to face the Fort in this heat!

I am impressed, 3 pics already! That is a record for your Fort TR's I think!

It's gonna be fun and I wish I was on my way already!

Having survived more Florida Julys than I care to count, I predict that, yes, you will survive.

I have a Coleman cooler like the one on your couch. I loved that thing. That thing may not survive if you keep it outside in July. Mine recently gave up the ghost.

Have a great trip.

TCD

We love that cooler. Don't worry it won't be outside. Not because I'm worried about the heat. It's where we keep the booze. :beer: :))

Ya'll drive carefully, we're in "Tropics Watch" mode. A nasty storm is building in the Gulf and not sure yet if it will head west or east. (We are hoping for west, of course :unsure: )

We are calling for nasty weather the next few days regardless, so please be safe! :heart: