Welcome To WDW 1970's/ 80's and 90's

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You have an awesome thread going here, Todd. I got to see that balloon in action flying over Bay Lake in 1994. I haven't seen it since. It was called Earship 1 or something like that . I wonder what

Posted Images

WDWBeachContemporaryConstruction_zps0642

Wow, interesting picture.  Worker's families enjoying a day?  I can't imagine they would just let any ole John Q Public that close to the construction site.  That's probably near what is now the TTC?

I agree. Interesting!

But, look how you can see the garden wing buildings.  That means this photo was taken from the Bay Lake side.

I think these folks are on the north side of the lake, across from where Wilderness Lodge now stands (this photo is rotated, so north is at the bottom) :

BayLake_zps433a07f1.jpg

I don't think you would be able to see the garden wings from where the TTC is.  That is the TTC all the way up on the top right edge of the photo above.

TCD

that does not look right for Discovery Island. The Contemporary is perpendicular to Discovery Island. In the picture you can see the north Mono Rail opening at an angle. That puts this picture on the north shore of Bay Lake to the east of the Service Canal.

that does not look right for Discovery Island. The Contemporary is perpendicular to Discovery Island. In the picture you can see the north Mono Rail opening at an angle. That puts this picture on the north shore of Bay Lake to the east of the Service Canal.

You are right the Beam going in is coming from MK not going to TTC 

You are right the Beam going in is coming from MK not going to TTC 

I think they are in the area of the Swamp Trail on the East side of the Canal looking to the North West. Somewhere close to where the old cabin is sitting.

Could be.

They could also be somewhere around where the marina is now.

I have read that there was an old lodge/fish camp somewhere along the lake on the property when Disney bought it.  That dock was probably there on the property when they purchased it.

Walt very well may have stood on that very dock.

TCD