Hot as Hades at the Fort for the 4th!

Rita, Bojangles fast food also has country ham bisquits, and they are GOOD! Only trouble..not many of them in Florida. I've been buying from one on RT. 436 in Altamonte. There is another one being built in/near Winter Garden on RT. 535. That would be the easiest one to get to from the fort. Maybe it's finished, haven't been by that way for weeks.

LOVE the "You are not the boss of me " shirt. My mil is now living with us. I asked her if she would like to go camping, she has never been camping, did not get a 'no'...so we will try soon...might wait for some cooler days. I'm going to try to find that shirt for Annie, she is almost 90. August 27 will be the day.

I've been away for weeks and am trying to catch up...having great fun reading the TRs. Of course it's making me drool wanting to be out camping.

I hope she will be able to join y'all! Mama loves Disney! Cooler is probably better!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ed and I are not that great! We are a family and are fortunate to live right here in this little town near each other. If y'all think my Mama is taken care of, you should have met my Grandma Rita Mae!

I really admire, even though you're both BHLs, you and Ed on how you involve your mom, I refuse to call her Oldekoot, in your lives. It's something you don't see or hear much about in today's culture.

Rita, I go away for a couple of days and you have a trip report in progress. I love :heartsmiley: the pictures of your mom drinking the pineapple drink...I am going to have to try one of those!

Ok this is gonna be quick and random...I'm in a hurry but can't resist commenting.

I was gonna ask if that was a steak biscuit, but I already know the answer. I haven't had a Hardee's steak biscuit in 20 years! TN Hardee's doesn't serve them. ??? I could get one when I visit my folks in FL but my Mama is such a good cook that I have no desire to eat out when I am with her. :heart: And speaking of my Mama, she sounds a lot like your Mama...she doesn't have a problem with speaking her mind. She was just here for a visit and I made a comment about our tight budget and she looked right at my hips/thighs/butt and said, "Well I can look at you and tell you ain't going without food!" :rofl2:

Did I read that you said something about Ed being nice to YOUR Mama? Have I missed something...ain't she Ed's too? Maybe because I've been absent for a long time but I never realized how much she and Ed look alike! WOW!!

Your pics are AWESOME!!!

Ok this is gonna be quick and random...I'm in a hurry but can't resist commenting.

I was gonna ask if that was a steak biscuit, but I already know the answer. I haven't had a Hardee's steak biscuit in 20 years! TN Hardee's doesn't serve them. ??? I could get one when I visit my folks in FL but my Mama is such a good cook that I have no desire to eat out when I am with her. :heart: And speaking of my Mama, she sounds a lot like your Mama...she doesn't have a problem with speaking her mind. She was just here for a visit and I made a comment about our tight budget and she looked right at my hips/thighs/butt and said, "Well I can look at you and tell you ain't going without food!" :rofl2:

Did I read that you said something about Ed being nice to YOUR Mama? Have I missed something...ain't she Ed's too? Maybe because I've been absent for a long time but I never realized how much she and Ed look alike! WOW!!

Your pics are AWESOME!!!

We do not need to let our Mamas get together, EVAH! lol

Yes, she is mother to both of us and anyone else who will let her mother them!

Thanks!

Rita dear, please tell Linda.. that I enjoyed the time we spent together and look forward to seeing her at halloween, I don't think she would believe me.

Rita dear, your momma is a hoot! I admire that she does what she wants, when she wants and does everything she can, it's all about momma! My kinda girl :)

I am enjoying your tr just in case you wanted to know that, love ya darlin'.

:smartass: I am usually up by 8 at the fort so I can sneak out to fish a bit, this time we were up sooooo late EVERY night it was hard to get up by 9 being it was 3:30 before we got to bad the night before. But it was worth it to be with fiends. :)

A few more from the potluck.

1341457317686.jpg

1341457309110.jpg

1341457302486.jpg

We forgot to mention that once again the PoPo had to visit the GG. We had no cart, so I drove the car over and parked kinda in/on/near Angie's site. Well, I had to move it. Thankfully, I drove the car back to the cabin and someone picked me up on a cart.

This is where I want to chime in about the awesomeness of Fiends. We reserved late for the Fort and just could not get a cart. We even tried to rent from Disney if that tells you how desperate we were! Mama loves to ride and honestly, it makes it so much easier to get from place to place. So Lorna and Richie hear me say that I am going to try to get one from Disney again the next day and they graciously offer to let us use theirs. :bighug: for some of the sweetest, best-hearted Fiends I know! :heart: Richie and Lorna!

Love the pictures!

Can't wait til Halloween to see you in the pics with us!

Great pictures!! I'm glad to see chivalry isn't dead, a wet towel isn't as good as a lounge chair but I guess it's something. :)

We were definitely glad for the towels! It was awesome to sit right there and see the fireworks with no obstruction. The sound was good where we were and the reflection on the water just increased the beauty.

Rita dear, please tell Linda.. that I enjoyed the time we spent together and look forward to seeing her at halloween, I don't think she would believe me.

Rita dear, your momma is a hoot! I admire that she does what she wants, when she wants and does everything she can, it's all about momma! My kinda girl :)

I am enjoying your tr just in case you wanted to know that, love ya darlin'.

I will imagine that Linda will see this, as she has joined FF! You know my Mama thinks you and Kathy are our kind of people too! :heart: you and Kathy too!

Great photos Rita and Ed! I especially love the one of Mama gettin' her toenails polished! Precious! ;D

Good fam, good fiends, good food. Wonderful!

However.... Bob....up before the crack of 9... for a GC parade? Do my eyes deceive me? What the fort? :dropjaw:

:smartass: I am usually up by 8 at the fort so I can sneak out to fish a bit, this time we were up sooooo late EVERY night it was hard to get up by 9 being it was 3:30 before we got to bad the night before. But it was worth it to be with fiends. :)

It was so HOT you had to visit at night! I imagine I could have been a vampire if I stayed very long.

Thanks, Ed. I'm glad you got some nice pictures from the potluck. We all had so much fun!

The potluck was fun! Looking at the pics, I realize there were Fiends there that I did not meet. I just don't do good in the heat! Y'all come back at Halloween!

They are the best.

Fiends are some of the best people I know!

Thanks for adding all those pics Ed!

If ya'll ever want to pawn Mama off, please send her my way. I can't wait til I'm her age and can spout out all the rude things that run through my mind, and not care. :))

Thanks for adding all those pics Ed!

If ya'll ever want to pawn Mama off, please send her my way. I can't wait til I'm her age and can spout out all the rude things that run through my mind, and not care. :))

Be careful what you ask for! :)

Stef, it's not even just rude things. She has always been VERY modest. My Daddy was the one who talked to us about sex because Mama was so shy about it. Although her one memorable lesson has stayed with me all these years! She was talking to 2 of my cousins and me about reputations and sex. That's when this little gem popped out of her mouth, "Once a girl does it, she wants it all the time!" That was meant to discourage us because if we were doing it all the time it would ruin our reputation! :lmao1:

At this point in her life, she seems to have lost much of that modesty and evidently when you hit her age you have a resurgence in interest! She talked about sex almost all day one day with Linda and I. Then when I said something about it she turns to Linda and says, "Rita must want some, she's talked about it all day!" We bout rolled on the floor.

Yes, I think that getting older definitely allows you the freedom to say what you want without worry of your reputation! :rofl2:

This just in...

Rita had a memory lapse! When the PoPo came and we had to move the car, it was almost time for the fireworks. Linda and I drove the car back to the cabin and took the bus to the settlement. I am fixing to rant here.

We had a bus full of folks trying to get themselves and their families to the settlement to see the fireworks. The bus got down that way in plenty of time, but they could not pull in to let us out because of all the golf carts full of jerks flying out of the settlement area the back way through the bus area. We sat in the bus and could hear the fireworks, but couldn't get out. :argh: We made it to the marina as everyone was piling back out to return to their campers.

Rant over. This is how we came to be at the Settlement and ended up meeting Brent and Justin! Awesome Fiend right there. "y'all need a ride? come on!" I love me some Brent and Justin! That was an awesome, funny ride back to the GG!

The afternoon of the 5th, we decided to go eat at the Counter Service at the Contemporary. As we were headed to catch the boat. we saw one of the Parasailors ...

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

Before she saw this, OldeKoot had said she wanted to try this ...

While we were walking from the dock to the Contemporary, I saw them working on Sorcerer Mickey. They were trimming him with a set of shears and them spray painting him to touch him up ...

IMG_0008.jpg

Once inside, we saw that The Wave was just about to open, so I walked in and got walk up reservations!

IMG_0009.jpg

I had the Bison Burger, and you HAVE to try this one - it's delicious!

IMG_0010.jpg

OldeKoot had the Minestrone Soup and got half of the Reuben Sandwich that has been proclaimed the best one ever by OldeKoot, Linda & Rita!

IMG_0013.jpg

You can tell she likes the Minestrone, too.

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

That meal just called out for dessert ...

IMG_0011.jpg

The usual suspects. Notice how big that Reuben is ...

Time for some last day roaming ...

IMG_0018.jpg

Construction at the GF.

IMG_0028.jpg

Linda playing grab ass at WL

That was meant to discourage us because if we were doing it all the time it would ruin our reputation!

Uh oh! ???

Be glad that she's happy. Because we work closely with Humana insurance, we teach classes called "Silver Sneakers" which is an exercise program designed for the older crowd. If you have Humana insurance, they pay for your membership, which means every morning from 10-11, I am surrounded by at least 50 older folks.

While their are a few feisty ones like Mama, most of them take every opportunity to whine, moan, bitch and complain about their aches & pains, the government, the kids of today, or even the weather.

It really makes you appreciate the good ones, who understand their gonna have health issues and the world sucks a lot, but make the most of their days.

I applaud you and Ed for doing so much with Mama and keeping her happy and loved. A lot of the older folks aren't that lucky, and unfortunately, that may be part of their problems.

After lunch at the Wave, Linda and I took the monorail tour. It was SO HOT that even having to wait a few minutes for the monorail was almost unbearable. We toured around the GF a bit and headed to the MK. We got off there and took the boat to WL. We got us a drink at the pool bar and watched the geyser. We go through the resort where we find some comfy chairs and rest and cool off for a bit before heading out to the bus stop.

Ed is right about the Wave! Linda is still talking about that Reubin!

Next up - The worst meal decision EVAH!