Carol at the Fort in a Tent!! Are You Nuts!!! YUP!!!

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You succeeded.

Carol, that shot of the monorail is fantastic. How you managed not to catch the parts falling off in the shot is amazing. Not to mention the flames shooting out the back.

Buses arrive about every 20 minutes, so shut up and wait like a good little boy should.

Great TR, Carol - I'm loving it! My DD would absolutely FLIP over AoA! We just stayed at Pop a few weeks ago, and I purposefully (is that a word?) didn't walk over there because I didn't want her to think lesser of our hotel. :rofl2:

I also like your setup - showed it to DH - that would be cool to use the canopy over the tent - then we could take off the rainfly and get even more ventilation. We haven't been camping since June because it is only getting down to 75 at night and we really like being able to sleep at night.

Great TR, Carol - I'm loving it! My DD would absolutely FLIP over AoA! We just stayed at Pop a few weeks ago, and I purposefully (is that a word?) didn't walk over there because I didn't want her to think lesser of our hotel. :rofl2:

I also like your setup - showed it to DH - that would be cool to use the canopy over the tent - then we could take off the rainfly and get even more ventilation. We haven't been camping since June because it is only getting down to 75 at night and we really like being able to sleep at night.

There was very little chance of rain, and I thought about leaving the rainfly off, but I needed the privacy for the portapotty inside the tent.

I don't know what the actual overnight temps were, but I was very comfy at night with the fan blowing, and a shower right before bedtime.

Thanks for stopping by Carol, I was like wait, your not suppose to be here,lol you like to go like I use to, Hopefully I can get back to my spontainious ( oops spelling error) trips again. The Picture of the camper looks great, we let out the back porch, and everyone was checking it out. I love it so Much. This was the first trip to the fort since we got it. However the site was long enough, but not wide enough, and we didn't have a hard time getting out of the loop, we just took a left and went out, we were afraid to go around the loop. Thanks to all of the fiends that came up to see everyone. Lorna and Ritchie, Jen and Chris, TJ and Missy, Jennifer and Dan! we had a ball this time.

I love the pics of the Cars section of AoA! My son would love to stay there!

oh you betcha! I was relly tempted to check it out. They'd offered me like 70% off rack rate in July so I ran the numbers figuring it shouldn't be too much more than FW. Boy was I wrong. It'll be better once the standard rooms are open. I hope they don't turn too many people off when they check a value and only see the suite prices...

I walked thru again after we ate so it was dusk, then dark. The cozy cone building was cool, you could almost imagine yourself in the movie pulling into a room. My favorite Cars sight though was at Luigi's. Those string lights from the tire tower were lit, making the tower look more like real stacked tires and giving it a festive, welcoming glow at the same time...

AoA looks amazing!! Thanks for all the pics!!

Nothing like a GAG on the porch with some Fiends!!

I think my crew could spend thee good part of a day just exploring AoA. Thanks for all the pictures!

caught up... at least on this thread.

BOO! on the no bicycle sign.

Ahh, nothing beats Fort pics, no matter how many times you see them.

I agree, BOO to no bicycles sign. You used to be able to drive carts there too. I'm sure the Rangers are behind it! :ph34r:

Bring on the MK pics Carol!

Definitely not Lorna. The deer's mouth would be open.

I'm just gonna say thanks for readin folks!!!! I've been a bit busy last couple days and had to let this slide!! But an update is coming up!!!

Does this qualify as a Stink eye?

IMG_0979.jpg

Looks more like "I'm a good boy".

Caught up....i love the pics from just strolling around the Fort...i think those are always my favorite pics in everyone's TRs!

Maybe she was speaking out of her butt.

I thought it looked like, "I've been vvery good. May I please have my dinner now?"

IMG_0979.jpg

No, it says don't tell Lorna but I'm going to have a cookie!!

It says "hehehehe Lorna's not looking.... hehehe... cookie... cake.. pie..."

Finally caught up! There's no TR like a Carol TR! All of the photos are wonderful!!! I've got a feeling that if we ever take our boys to the Art of Animation we may never get them out! That place looks FANTASTICAL! :fairydust:

:rofl2: sooo true but more like oh crap got caught

Thanks for stopping by Carol, I was like wait, your not suppose to be here,lol you like to go like I use to, Hopefully I can get back to my spontainious ( oops spelling error) trips again. The Picture of the camper looks great, we let out the back porch, and everyone was checking it out. I love it so Much. This was the first trip to the fort since we got it. However the site was long enough, but not wide enough, and we didn't have a hard time getting out of the loop, we just took a left and went out, we were afraid to go around the loop. Thanks to all of the fiends that came up to see everyone. Lorna and Ritchie, Jen and Chris, TJ and Missy, Jennifer and Dan! we had a ball this time.

Once again thanks for readin folks!!! It was good to see you Kelly!!!! Can't wait till Halloween when LOTS of Fiends are around!!!

Richie did have a "sh**t eatin grin" on his face didn't he!!!

OK, I finally have some time for an update!!

After dinner, we gathered our stuff together, Lorna put the leftover GAG in their camper fridge and we headed to the boat dock to go to Magic Kingdom for late night hours!!

The fireworks were just starting as we pulled into golf cart parking.

IMG_0984.jpg

IMG_1007.jpg

IMG_1025.jpg

IMG_1083.jpg

What surprised both Lorna and I is that the finale seemed kindof wimpy.

So we get on the boat and get to MK

IMG_1090.jpg

IMG_1091.jpg

IMG_1093.jpg

A shot of the MSEP as we were waiting on regular crowds to clear

IMG_1095.jpg

We decided to get on the WEDway People Mover

IMG_1097.jpg

Then we dropped into Cosmic Ray's. Lorna and Richie had never seen Sonny Eclipse!!

IMG_1103.jpg

IMG_1104.jpg

We went on Haunted Mansion

Terrible pic of Leota

IMG_1110.jpg

Then wandered around

IMG_1112.jpg

Then wandered out the front gate right at 2am :)

IMG_1114.jpg

Not too many pics for this update, we were just enjoying the evening together. The weather had cooled down some and there was even a short rainshower.

Nighty night!

Seems like we don't see as much of Sonny as we used to.

Does anyone remember when there was a live band that came up from the floor? Can't remember the name, but I can visualize the outfits. Definitely the 70's!

Seems like we don't see as much of Sonny as we used to.

Does anyone remember when there was a live band that came up from the floor? Can't remember the name, but I can visualize the outfits. Definitely the 70's!

I had never heard of the live band, but I had heard that Sonny can rise up into the ceiling so that groups could perform on that stage.

My wife Silvia would tell you that it was her High school Jazz band on their trip to perform at Disney world in 1998? (she's not here for an exact date) Everytime we eat at Cosmic Rays I hear about the tie she performed there and got to go through some of the utildors and ride the stage up to Cosmic rays to perform.

Great Fireworks! Your pictures point out that I have missed a very important aspect of the MK. The night time stroll and seeing everything other than Cindy's Castle lit up.

Yeah, the MK is BEAUTIFUL at night!!

Great pics!

Thanks!!

My wife Silvia would tell you that it was her High school Jazz band on their trip to perform at Disney world in 1998? (she's not here for an exact date) Everytime we eat at Cosmic Rays I hear about the tie she performed there and got to go through some of the utildors and ride the stage up to Cosmic rays to perform.

I'm glad to hear I was right and it wasn't just urban legend!!!!

Something just hit me though, we never went to Storybook Land, :faceplant2: That would have been a great opportunity to drop in there without the stroller set in there (supposedly that late is after their bedtime).

OK, it's now Saturday afternoonish..... I was a slug most of the morning, slept in, relaxed in my recliner next to the fan, went over to Rich and Lorna's for some breakfast, got on Fort Fiends to ask opinions of what pictures ya'll wanted today.

Well, Animal Kingdom Lodge won, so here ya go!!

At the Outpost Bus Stop

IMG_1117.jpg

Arriving at AK Lodge Kidani Village

IMG_1120.jpg

IMG_1121.jpg

IMG_1122.jpg

IMG_1123.jpg

IMG_1124.jpg

IMG_1125.jpg

IMG_1126.jpg

IMG_1127.jpg

IMG_1128.jpg

IMG_1129.jpg

IMG_1130.jpg

IMG_1132.jpg

IMG_1133.jpg

IMG_1134.jpg

IMG_1135.jpg

IMG_1136.jpg

IMG_1137.jpg

IMG_1138.jpg

IMG_1139.jpg

IMG_1140.jpg

IMG_1141.jpg

IMG_1142.jpg

IMG_1143.jpg

IMG_1144.jpg

IMG_1145.jpg

IMG_1146.jpg

IMG_1147.jpg

IMG_1148.jpg

IMG_1149.jpg

Did you notice the TV monitors?

But they're always just showing junk.

Why don't they show bus info like when the next bus is arriving for all the attractions. Yup, that info is available.

They know and display on monitors the location of every bus, why not show it on those screens?

IMG_1122.jpg