Carol at the Fort in a Tent!! Are You Nuts!!! YUP!!!

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You succeeded.

Carol, that shot of the monorail is fantastic. How you managed not to catch the parts falling off in the shot is amazing. Not to mention the flames shooting out the back.

Buses arrive about every 20 minutes, so shut up and wait like a good little boy should.

shew, all 12 pages read and caught up!!

I love how you just do an Impromptu trip to the fort, it really never crosses my mind but I really need to change that. I think the next time you get the urge to throw a tent in a truck, you need to grab your friendly neighborhood fiend :)

I LOVE the pic's of AOA, I hope Ryan and Joana read this, that place looks amazing, I'm with Kimmie Poo, not sure I'd ever get Xander out of Radiator Springs, he is obssessed with Cars at the moment. It was so nice seeing some familiar fiend faces, life has been a bear and I havent had nearly enough of my fiends, slowing down soon I hope, I miss you guys!!

shew, all 12 pages read and caught up!!

I love how you just do an Impromptu trip to the fort, it really never crosses my mind but I really need to change that. I think the next time you get the urge to throw a tent in a truck, you need to grab your friendly neighborhood fiend :)

I LOVE the pic's of AOA, I hope Ryan and Joana read this, that place looks amazing, I'm with Kimmie Poo, not sure I'd ever get Xander out of Radiator Springs, he is obssessed with Cars at the moment. It was so nice seeing some familiar fiend faces, life has been a bear and I havent had nearly enough of my fiends, slowing down soon I hope, I miss you guys!!

I know you told me that last time I just picked up and went, BUT I was in Atlanta as my leaving spot for this one, so kinda hard :(

I know you told me that last time I just picked up and went, BUT I was in Atlanta as my leaving spot for this one, so kinda hard :(

you are forgiven this time Missy!

My inlaws are moving to Alabama in two weeks, they recently retired and are all about spending time with the grandkids which means mom will hopefully have the opportunity for more down time.. impromptu trip to the fort fits the bill just fine :)

Seems like we don't see as much of Sonny as we used to.

Does anyone remember when there was a live band that came up from the floor? Can't remember the name, but I can visualize the outfits. Definitely the 70's!

Their were 2 that I remember. Michael Iceberg in the 70's a keyboardist, and Tobasco a band in the 80's

http://youtu.be/80twRmDsAV4

http://youtu.be/V21ZZnSgzSk

Their were 2 that I remember. Michael Iceberg in the 70's a keyboardist, and Tobasco a band in the 80's

Great find AFL!!

I'm not crazy! :whew:

Ok, I may be crazy, but I'm not hallucinating.

I am enjoying the pictures of AKL! I've never been there before and haven't seem many pics from there either. Thanks for sharing!

I've never been to AKL either and also enjoying the pics!

Seems like we don't see as much of Sonny as we used to.

Does anyone remember when there was a live band that came up from the floor? Can't remember the name, but I can visualize the outfits. Definitely the 70's!

http://youtu.be/80twRmDsAV4

http://youtu.be/V21ZZnSgzSk

Love the pictures and TR Carol...keep it coming!

Carol .. Thank You for the trip report, I loved the art of animation !! I definitely have to try bus roulette. I have never tried bus roulette but it sounds like it can lead to some great adventures.

Thanks everyone for reading!!!!!

Here comes another update!!!

More at Jambo House

IMG_1180.jpg

IMG_1181.jpg

IMG_1182.jpg

IMG_1183.jpg

IMG_1188.jpg

IMG_1189.jpg

IMG_1190.jpg

IMG_1193.jpg

This is the Jambo House pool

IMG_1194.jpg

I stopped for lunch at Mara (the food court at AKL) and had Butternut Squash Soup and a side of Fries

IMG_1195.jpg

Here is an interior hallway

IMG_1196.jpg

Design on the room doors

IMG_1197.jpg

IMG_1198.jpg

IMG_1199.jpg

IMG_1201.jpg

IMG_1202.jpg

And that was my little tour of AKL!!

Now I'm at Epcot waiting on the Fort Bus

IMG_1203.jpg

An attempt at a pic of the WL entrance sign

IMG_1211.jpg

I arrived back at the Fort and was heading to Lorna and Rich's for dinner. I get there and Lorna says, we have to go out to eat because SOMEBODY forgot to take the steaks out of the freezer.

So we hem and haw and ask each other "whadya want" "i don't care" "whadya want?" So we finally decide on Capn Jack's at DTD.

We decide to take the bus, so Rich can use the scooter, cause you can never depend on parking at DTD.

We get to the bus stop, and the driver makes us put the scooter "in the white box" to make sure it fits, and also won't let me park it, although I am very good at parking that thing on the bus. I just smile and do as he asks.

Anywho, the view from our table at Capn Jacks.

IMG_1212.jpg

Matt is being silly

IMG_1214.jpg

We get the server to take a group picture

IMG_1215.jpg

Sorry, we were talking so much, no pood forn pictures.

Then we wander DTD toward the PI bus stops

IMG_1216.jpg

IMG_1217.jpg

IMG_1218.jpg

I wish they would just give it up on the "Pleasure Island" thing, tear the rest of the signs down and let the place die. These reminders of what the Island has become are just so lame

IMG_1219.jpg

IMG_1220.jpg

When we got back to the Fort, we were on the golf cart, and somebody had a spotlight looking for deer. They snapped it on for a second so I could take a picture

IMG_1221.jpg

After dinner, we run our mouths for a bit, then call it a night.

The next morning, I'm up really early to get the tent dropped in the cool of the morning.

Everything is down and as you can see the mosquito swamp has dried up considerably!!

IMG_1222.jpg

IMG_1223.jpg

IMG_1224.jpg

Photo limit!!

Then I head for the Studios for my traditional last morning ride on Toy Story. I didn't make rope drop and was actually worried about the line, but I went back there anyway. The line said 60 minutes, but I decided to try it anyway!!

I'm glad I did!!! The line was EMPTY all the way up to to the stairs!!! I got to the FP breakoff and they sent me up the right side of the stairs past a bunch of folks. Grand total in line 4 minutes!!!!

IMG_20120729_094757-1.jpg

The time was about 9:50 when I entered the line, so I'm guessing the initial mad run of folks had made it through the line and the first FP times had not come up yet, so that is a perfect time to ride!!!

I went through the line again immediately, this time I was in line about 20 minutes. Then I left the Studios and headed for DTD and picked up a couple of Earl of Sandwiches for the road and filled up the truck.

I went back to the campground and said my goodbyes. As I was sitting there Rick called and wanted me to buy a Duffy Bear for our neighbors new baby. Fortunately the trading post carries Duffy, so I didn't have to go back out to a park or DTD.

Then I got on the road and headed North!!

Until next time!!!!!!!

We get to the bus stop, and the driver makes us put the scooter "in the white box" to make sure it fits, and also won't let me park it, although I am very good at parking that thing on the bus.

That bus driver is an idiot. Which would be about 75% of them. And I'm not kidding either.

The template is a joke.

If that happens again, tell him no, and you want to speak to an IM, an idiot manager. They always over rule the drivers and tell them to load the scooter anyway unless it's a bus with the elevator and the scooter is way oversize.

The only scooter that I've run into that is way over size is the" Dream", tricycle type.

That'll shut him up.

I never, never, ever, drive a scooter. I was under the impression that we're not supposed to. I need to find out what the policy is.

That bus driver is an idiot. Which would be about 75% of them. And I'm not kidding either.

The template is a joke.

If that happens again, tell him no, and you want to speak to an IM, an idiot manager. They always over rule the drivers and tell them to load the scooter anyway unless it's a bus with the elevator and the scooter is way oversize.

The only scooter that I've run into that is way over size is the" Dream", tricycle type.

That'll shut him up.

I never, never, ever, drive a scooter. I was under the impression that we're not supposed to. I need to find out what the policy is.

Yes, he's an idiot, but I knew the scooter would fit in the box, so I did what he asked. He didn't drive the scooter, I drove it in, then he put it in push mode and pushed it into place. Ya know, some times it's just easier to agree with idiots, than argue :)