Just spoke with a CM at trail send and they said the HDDR will be closed from labor day til Xmas for a refurb to get all the electric up to code. Not sure if this was mentioned on here already or if it's true. He also stated based on the amount of work that may be entailed they will decide if it was worth reopening. I find that untrue. Although this may be a prequel on why so many shows have been canceled. What do I know I just come here to relax

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Close the HDDR for good?!?!? Blasphemy!!! They might as well close the beach for swimming, rip out the swamp trail boardwalk, take down the hammocks, kill all of the goats at the petting zoo, severely

Once again the four fingered right hand doesn't what the four fingered left hand is doing. The internal calendar is not showing any refurbishment............yet. You can make an online and phone reser

A very long time Trails End server had no clue that there was such a thing as GAG and that it is being sold at the Take Out counter. How could he not have seen the Take Out menu all these years? Take

Once again the four fingered right hand doesn't what the four fingered left hand is doing.

The internal calendar is not showing any refurbishment............yet.

You can make an online and phone reservation in Sept...........for now.

So who's right? Is it the clueless CM at TE that Starbuc71 talked to or is it that the reservations dept hasn't been notified.........yet?

Close the HDDR for good?!?!? Blasphemy!!!

They might as well close the beach for swimming, rip out the swamp trail boardwalk, take down the hammocks, kill all of the goats at the petting zoo, severely limit cart access, take Crockett's nice menu away, do away with the stump trash cans, remove the basketballs from the boxes, shut down the train and tear out the tracks, fire the grocery truck guy, lay off the mounted rangers, and double (or triple) the price of everything over the next ten years!!!! Nobody would camp there then.

I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in this just yet.

This sounds eerily similar to the rumors that were swirling pretty recently, that were started when CMs at Disney Dining didn't see any open reservations in the system past September, and started telling guests that HDDR was going to be closed through the end of the year.

...then Disney came out with the announcement of the new show times and suddenly the reservation system showed plenty of availability all the way through the holidays.

Keep your ears and eyes open, but in the realm of "reliable Disney info" unfortunately I'd put anything you hear from a random CM pretty close to the bottom of the list.

Heck, just this week a CM at Disney dining told someone that Trails End is still serving a buffet for lunch... and that hasn't been the case in more than a year and a half!

A very long time Trails End server had no clue that there was such a thing as GAG and that it is being sold at the Take Out counter.

How could he not have seen the Take Out menu all these years?

Take everything you hear from a CM as possible baloney until it's verified, officially, one way or another.

Heck, just this week a CM at Disney dining told someone that Trails End is still serving a buffet for lunch... and that hasn't been the case in more than a year and a half!

Someone at a place that we shall not mention....said it was still a lunch buffet in July when they were there. :banghead:

Someone at a place that we shall not mention....said it was still a lunch buffet in July when they were there. :banghead:

I know. I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt that they read the question wrong and were talking about dinner.

Oh and FWIW... as far as I can tell that same unnamed place was the source of the "HDDR is closing" rumor from a month or so ago too. :-

It started on a thread where someone said a CM at Disney dining told them....blah blah blah.... and before long it got picked up by Disney fan sites all over the place as "fact" even though there wasn't a single piece of corroborating evidence to back it up. These usually reliable sources even added it to their official refurb lists.

I bet they felt really silly when they got the official word on what was going on and had to go back and edit their information.

8)

Were you there in July Dave? No, you weren't. So how do you know that the idiot moron person that posted that didn't special order a lunch buffet on the day they were there?

You're just stirring the pot and trying to get those people from whatever board you were talking about, that are smart enough to lurk here, all riled up.

I'm reporting you to their moderator.

Don't you really miss those kind of responses. We just don't get them on here.

I might have to make one, just because.

Hey, I think I just did.

And the triumphant return to Pioneer Hall of Melvin the Moose.

Are you kidding, he's living the high life.

He has his own room with hi-def cable, large flat screen TV, private bathroom, a pool, an exercise room, and he can go to WDW anytime he wants for free.

They'll be no triumphant return anywhere, would you?

Are you kidding, he's living the high life.

He has his own room with hi-def cable, large flat screen TV, private bathroom, a pool, an exercise room, and he can go to WDW anytime he wants for free.

They'll be no triumphant return anywhere, would you?

speaking of which Lou (Pa), have my adoption papers gone through yet? I can't wait much longer :)

There's a glitch. Even though the paperwork say's your 16, after seeing your photo, they think you're a little older.

maybe a little, VERY little!

Don't they take into consideration my honesty?