Hot Fun in the Summertime-TCD's August 2012 TR

So, we know the princess meet and greet is going in where Mr Toad used to be. (I'd forgotten that the place was inhabited by the Scary Ho ride for some time). Everything else is accounted for on the plans that has been announced. So what is going in the yellow tent? Someone asked this question over at Disney's website, but I think the answer may be wrong. It indicates the yellow tent will house "Big Top Souvenirs". But according to the display at One Man's Dream that you showed earlier, that tent appears to be blue.

Here is the question and answer from the disneyparks website.

"Q: Also, since the other VIP’s won’t be joining Mickey in the Town Square Theater, what will happen to the princess room after the princesses move to Fantasyland?

And what will the yellow tent between the Silly Sideshow and the train station be? Will that be a second character spot?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 7th, 2012 at 10:29 am

1. There is no word on this. The opening of Princess Fairytale Hall is still a bit away. We’ll have more to communicate when the time nears.

2. The second tent is Big Top Souvenirs. We hope to have a post with more details on this merchandise location soon."

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/08/all-in-the-details-meet-the-gang-at-petes-silly-sideshow-in-new-fantasyland-at-magic-kingdom-park/

The person asking the question was obviously asking about the same yellow tent we are questioning...between Pete's Silly Sideshow and the train station. But the answer pertains to a "second tent"...which I think is blue, not the 3rd tent which is yellow.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You wouldn't be breaking the" open container law" and he would have to let you on, unless you were visibly intoxicated. For those of you with the Red Solo Cups, unless you have a cover on it, you're n

I sure it has nothing to do with Uranus, BM, hanging chad, or slow movements down a canal. It has to do with the lack of beer, doesn't it?

With statements like that, I'm beginning to doubt that you actually know Bobby.

So, we know the princess meet and greet is going in where Mr Toad used to be. (I'd forgotten that the place was inhabited by the Scary Ho ride for some time). Everything else is accounted for on the plans that has been announced. So what is going in the yellow tent? Someone asked this question over at Disney's website, but I think the answer may be wrong. It indicates the yellow tent will house "Big Top Souvenirs". But according to the display at One Man's Dream that you showed earlier, that tent appears to be blue.

Here is the question and answer from the disneyparks website.

"Q: Also, since the other VIP’s won’t be joining Mickey in the Town Square Theater, what will happen to the princess room after the princesses move to Fantasyland?

And what will the yellow tent between the Silly Sideshow and the train station be? Will that be a second character spot?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 7th, 2012 at 10:29 am

1. There is no word on this. The opening of Princess Fairytale Hall is still a bit away. We’ll have more to communicate when the time nears.

2. The second tent is Big Top Souvenirs. We hope to have a post with more details on this merchandise location soon."

http://disneyparks.d...c-kingdom-park/

The person asking the question was obviously asking about the same yellow tent we are questioning...between Pete's Silly Sideshow and the train station. But the answer pertains to a "second tent"...which I think is blue, not the 3rd tent which is yellow.

Winnie the Pooh is where Mr. Toad used to be.

Your girlfriend had her place from day 1.

That Disney Blog is a piece or work sometimes. The people who ask questions know more than the people who write for it. You are correct, the answer is not right.

I don't know where they get their information, but according to this website the yellow tent will be a quick service location.

http://orlandoparksn...sses-grass.html

I have not seen this announced anywhere. But, as I said above, it makes sense that it would be a quick serve place. Those photos make it look like the tent does not have sides. So, it does look like a covered seating area. But why no announcement? Maybe they have something up their sleeve?

TCD

right. i tend to block things out regarding her. Forgot about Pooh. I don't like that ride either.

Too bad. I'll bet Anna would like it, so you need to quit whining and go.

I was blinded by Lou's post about my singing and missed this. It will be awesome to finally meet you. Hopefully the stars will align!

Man, it's hard living in Lou's shadow. But I guess I'm in the same boat as everyone else.

TCD

Agreed. I wouldn't want that, either. They should get rid of the smoking areas, too - or at least reduce it to 2 or 3 of them.

Why would you wish something like that, if you don't smoke don't go near the smoking area of which there are only 4 in the MK to begin with.

I don't drink but I don't wish they would get rid of all the bars and restaurants that serve beer and the such.

I can smell a drinker just as well as you can smell a smoker, and believe me, the smell of smoke or liquor aren't the worst smell your get at the MK.

I have never seen a report where someone hit and killed someone or became unruly because they over-smoked.

one big thing I never understood, people want to banish smokers because they don't like it but want to smoke every piece of meat they stick in their mouths.

TCD, just caught up and had to tell you...I read the part about "the girls were going to magic kingdom for breakfast while I packed up camp" and thought to myself, "man, it's good to be a TCD twin"...and then you said exactly that. Your girls are very lucky, you seem to be a great dad. I'm sure all of these memories will go a long way in the choices they make down the road. Good job :)

Bob,

BREATHE!!!! Or inhale!!!!!!!

I dont think any parks should go smoke free. And I don't smoke cigeretts.

I however will say, with all the parades, regardless of where they put the smoking areas. Non smokers will "have" to interact with smokers at parade time. Been there done that with cigar at MK near adventureland at parade time. BUT we were there long before the non smokers came last minute. So I didn't feel bad.

I'd rather have smokers around me outside than those with BO.

Why would you wish something like that, if you don't smoke don't go near the smoking area of which there are only 4 in the MK to begin with.

I don't drink but I don't wish they would get rid of all the bars and restaurants that serve beer and the such.

I can smell a drinker just as well as you can smell a smoker, and believe me, the smell of smoke or liquor aren't the worst smell your get at the MK.

I have never seen a report where someone hit and killed someone or became unruly because they over-smoked.

one big thing I never understood, people want to banish smokers because they don't like it but want to smoke every piece of meat they stick in their mouths.

I don't wish it. And I didn't realize there were only 4 areas. I know when we have been walking around (can't name the exact spots - don't know the parks as well as a lot of you do), I can recall having to walk through a lot of smoke. I don't really care. I just don't want my kids to have to inhale it. I didn't say get rid of them. Just reduce them. And it seems like they have. I just meant it in a "in keeping with a kid friendly place" sort of way, like someone had pointed out with the drunks.

I have nothing against smokers. I used to be one. I liked it. I miss it. My brother smokes, one of my best friends smokes. They're courteous about it, as I am sure many of the fiend smokers are. I'm not one of those squint-your-nose-when-I-walk-by-the-smoking-area people. Smoke up, baby!

However - I will point out that smoking may have caused a few wrecks - I see a lot of people trying to juggle their cig, phone and the steering wheel barreling down the interstate 75 mph…...

You lost me. What are green folks and ketchup munchers?

Green folks= green eared folks

Ketchup munchers=. Those that graze at a burger topping bar as if it was a salad bar, one that "buys" a cup of water to take a year's supply of napkins, utensils, plates back to thier room for ordered in pizza. Basically, those that screw the system on the cheap and those that truely pay, have to PAY for. Freeloaders.

Green folks= green eared folks

Ketchup munchers=. Those that graze at a burger topping bar as if it was a salad bar, one that "buys" a cup of water to take a year's supply of napkins, utensils, plates back to thier room for ordered in pizza. Basically, those that screw the system on the cheap and those that truely pay, have to PAY for. Freeloaders.

I'm so not with it.

I hope it won't be long too.

Once college football season arrives, it gets tricky finding time to get to the Fort.

Speaking of the Fort, when are you going to drive that beautiful new motorhome down for its maiden voyage?

We will be there 11/4 - 11/11. In time to see them light the Osborne lights at HS and before holiday crowds start arriving. We've been going around Veteran's Day for a while now. DW's aunt lives in Tavares so we visit wth her. Her uncle is buried in Florida National Cemetary in Bushnell and aunt can't drive so we take her out to Bushnell after they have the decorations up for Veteran's Day. Gives us another excuse to go to Florida every year.

We will be there 11/4 - 11/11. In time to see them light the Osborne lights at HS and before holiday crowds start arriving. We've been going around Veteran's Day for a while now. DW's aunt lives in Tavares so we visit wth her. Her uncle is buried in Florida National Cemetary in Bushnell and aunt can't drive so we take her out to Bushnell after they have the decorations up for Veteran's Day. Gives us another excuse to go to Florida every year.

I added you to the Halloween GG thread here: http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/6175-halloween-2012-grand-gathering-all-the-info-in-one-place/

Even though you won't be at the fort on Halloween, several of us will still be there when you arrive.

Bob-

Don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel.

I have noticed that there are a lot of smokers at the Fort. I am fine with it. It's never been a problem for me. Same thing at the theme parks, I don't even know where the smoking areas are, and have never been bothered by them.

Smoke 'em if you got 'em.

TCD, just caught up and had to tell you...I read the part about "the girls were going to magic kingdom for breakfast while I packed up camp" and thought to myself, "man, it's good to be a TCD twin"...and then you said exactly that. Your girls are very lucky, you seem to be a great dad. I'm sure all of these memories will go a long way in the choices they make down the road. Good job :)

Ah, thanks.

So far so good.

The oldest DD is starting her Senior year at college. And it looks like she will graduate as planned. She seems like she turned out OK.

The twins graduate high school this year, and then will head off to college (at least that's the plan).

This time next year, I am going to need some new twins.

I already have Twin #3 (Stef). And a young man on the waiting list.

I'd rather have smokers around me outside than those with BO.

Agreed.

Wow loved this report .glad I'm a Fiend now .maybe one day I'll learn to use my camera and attempt a trip report Ha Ha

Ha Ha?

If you can build a nifty sign holder, you can use a camera. In fact, who took that photo of your sign?

You should write a trip report. It's a great way to remember all the fun you had.

I'm so not with it.

Thank you, Captain Obvious.

Good to know. Post your site number when you get there, and maybe you can get yourself a genuine FFRR spike.

I added you to the Halloween GG thread here: http://www.fortfiend...o-in-one-place/

Even though you won't be at the fort on Halloween, several of us will still be there when you arrive.

Way to go, Gwen.

That is going to be some party!

TCD

Ah, thanks.

So far so good.

The oldest DD is starting her Senior year at college. And it looks like she will graduate as planned. She seems like she turned out OK.

The twins graduate high school this year, and then will head off to college (at least that's the plan).

This time next year, I am going to need some new twins.

I already have Twin #3 (Stef). And a young man on the waiting list.

TCD

Can I join the waiting list too??? PLEASE!!!!! I am only a three hour plane flight away from the fort.

Apples and oranges.

Am I worried about accidentally wondering by a smoking section where children are unknowingly exposed to 2nd hand smoke. You bet. There is pretty strong evidence that carcinogens can be exposed 2nd hand.

Am I worried that smelling liquor on someone's breath can increase kids possibility of liver disease. Well, anything is possible, but the current research doesn't support.

I'm not a scientist, so I'm relying on data supplied by the professional community. It maybe all wrong, but it's the best thing from which I can form an opinion.

I am all about freedoms as long as they don't impact others. If you are an adult, and are aware of possible risks, you should be free to smoked ad nauseam while respecting the health of those that choose not to.

I know hijacks are allowed, and quite common around here, but I feel like this one isn't a fun one and should maybe end.

I feel very bad that this was caused by a comment that I now very much regret making.

This is one of those issues that folks have very strong feelings about. But the fact is, Disney isn't going to make their parks smoke-free any time soon. A lot of people smoke, and they would lose a lot of business. By not doing it, they don't lose much, if any. I don't know of one person who stays away from WDW because people can smoke there.

As there are both non-smokers and smokers in this group, I say we just let it be. Personally, I respect whatever choices people make. And again, I am sincerely sorry for ever bringing the topic up. Especially to you, TCD.

FP4