We've been to each park once. We much preferred Blizzard Beach, but that may have been because we went there early in our trip and on a cloudy day! Our TL day was blazing hot with crazy long lines, and we really didn't enjoy it at all. Blizzard Beach has a much longer family raft ride with very little wait, a fun lazy river, and a calmer wave pool. It also has a nice area designated for younger children and their parents. I don't do slides, but DH and DD really enjoyed the ones at BB.

TL fan here. BB is cool but IMO TL is more family friendly. More readily available chairs - especially in the kiddie area - and less hot concrete to burn little feet.

The beach area doesn't seem as crowded or as compact at TL as it is at BB so it's easier to stake a place for little people to play in the sand. It's usually easier to get a tube in the lazy river, Crush & Gusher rocks, and you don't have to go as far for the drink stands either.

Add to that a possible meet & greet with Lilo & Stitch at TL and you've got a full day of excrement at TL for sure.

If you go offseason, you may not have a lot of choice, since Disney closes one of the parks for rehab every year.

Another vote for TL here.

The family raft ride and lazy river at BB are better than at TL.

But the wave pool, Crushin' Gusher, Shark Reef and variety of slides at TL make it our first choice.

And, I agree with Carol- it seems like it has more shade and trees than BB.

And I will have to respectfully disagree with Photogal06's statement that the lines for the family raft ride at BB are short. That was the case on the day she visited, but normally the line for that ride is long. Plus, if you are a party of two or three, they will put other people in the raft with you. So much for the family part of the ride. Now, the ride itself is far superior to TL's family raft ride. Far. But the line is normally not short.

TCD

It was really cool when BB had real snow around the snowfamily. Haven't seen that in a lot of years. Maybe it's just the days we've been. Has anyone seen that pile of real snow at BB where you pose for the pictures recently?

I don't think one is better than the other, they're just different.

Disney designed them to be different. The attractions and theme at each one does not appeal to everyone.

Based on the comments that I overhear, both are good and if you try both, you'll enjoy both, but you will prefer one over the other depending on what you like more.

All I know is that both are packed and close occasionally due to reaching max crowd levels during the peak months.

I get a sense that BB appeals to a younger crowd and TL more to families and older people.

I just go to the comfort station and dip my feet into the nearest available toilet and splash around. Same effect.

I believe the proper spelling is Typhone Lagone, according to the ultimate Disney expert.