First timer - Need Help with Loop selection!

Greetings fellow camping fiends! We are planning a trip to the Fort in mid August 2013 for two weeks. The cast of characters will be myself, DH, DD 12 and DS 8. This will be our second trip to Disney but our first trip to the Fort. :banana:

We have a 35ish ft Travel Trailer with two slides and a 3500 Ram Dually Long Bed and plan to rent a golf cart.

I am looking for recommendations on sites/loops that are shady, have some elbow room, and are quiet. Proximity to the main pool....not sure how important that will be since we will have the cart? We will not have our dog with us and would prefer a non pet loop since DS does not like animals, but would consider a pet loop.

We camped at Mammoth Cave, KY this year and the trailer was in the blazing sun all day....the A/C just could not keep up and I am worried about that happening at the Fort during August. I want to be able to take our midday break in our ice box on wheels!! :laugh:

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

I concur with Ed and Carol. I was in 523 earlier this summer and it, like most of the loop, had generous sized sites as well as a decent amount of privacy. I was also in 1321 for July 4th and that was a huge site with no one within 20 feet on either side, though not much shrub/landscaping privacy. I also like the premiums (spoiled now) to avoid that coquina. It gets on everything, especially when it rains.

There are some sites that get more sun than others, but they're spread throughout the whole campground. It seems like 400 has quite a few of them, though.

Good luck planning your first trip to the Fort!

We have stayed in 500 & 1300. With your needs/wants I would recommend 1300/1200 (they share the same entrance). Most sites have shade and are fairly deep.

Since your trip is a little ways off, you might be able to take advantage of the video project one of our Fort Fiends is working on. It's nearing completion now. Check out the sneak preview of the 100 loop here...

http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/6874-i-had-a-thought-opinions-please/page__st__40

• 2 months later...

Since you stated a preference for a non-pet loop, I recommend the 1200 loop. We have stayed there our past two trips and found the sites to be big, and for some reason often not filled. The back outside toward the road gets a little noisy with bus traffic, but was not a real problem inside with the A/C running. We have also stayed in the 500 loop a couple of times, although we did not have a pet. It was good also, and we enjoyed meeting some of the dog-walkers near our site. Some of the dogs are what I would call exotic, and sometimes Lou and Buddy would stop by (but you just gotta live with that :rofl2: ). Put out a FortFiends sign (see Sales Store) and you're sure to be visited.

Oh, and 1300 is about the same, but further from bus noise and closer to the Meadows.

• 1 month later...

We are checking in to Fort Wilderness on February 3rd. We have a 36 foot motorhome with 4 slide outs. I am trying to find the best loop to stay in that would put us closest to the beach, restaurants, store, transportation, etc. I was thinking about requesting the 700 loop, but now I am not sure. Any help would be appreciated!! We are not bringing any pets or a golf cart with us if that matters.

Thanks!! Can you request a certain site number or should I call and give them the length of our motorhome and things like that? Are there sites that are better than others in those loops. I am pretty sure you want to stay away from the sites that are closest to the entrance of the loop. Sorry if I am asking too many questions or if they have been answered on the forum already and I haven't found where they are at.