What to do when you boss says "Yes. You can take your 3 weeks of vacation at once"

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok so when we left off we had made an unscheduled stop at Lyman Lake. It was a beautiful place but we had a date with our first National Park of the trip. So we packed up and headed out around 7 a.m.

Silvia was feeling better and it was time to head back to California Adventure. We had the reserved area for World of Color so we headed over there to watch the show. A nice moon that night A s

We detoured an hour put of puts for Shenandoah

Beautiful pictures! I love it out west..

Was that hotel facade used in national Lampoons Vacation? One of favorite movies.

Ding Ding Ding!!!

We have a winner.

Sorry the only clip I can find is not in English.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQJH5tZLGis

Interesting side note -

while we went to the grand canyon, every single view you just posted was new to me. Great shots!

I remember in your previous trip report you went to the north rim. I will definitely have to go to that side next time around.

Love that campground, LOL! Those pictures are gorgeous! Simply amazing!

The campground was ok. The back area really makes it. Otherwise there are not many sites, no shade, and the bathrooms are very old. clean but old. Still a fun stop.

Loved the Bedrock campground but the Grand Canyon pictures have to be the best so far, what a trip you took looks great!!!!!!!!!!

We have quite a bit more to see. Just wait.

Love you Grand Canyon pictures! Oddly I have the very same shots!! You're right it is breathtakingly beautiful!

Thanks!

Beautiful canyon pics!

You guys saw so much on this trip, how are you ever gonna top this one?

I don't think we can top it but we do plan to revisit some of the places. There is also a lot of the country left to see. Once we retire we definitely plan to get a camper and drive to different parts of the country, set up shop for a couple of months in an area and really explore it.

Continuing on we turned north. We were going to drive through Monument Valley on our way to our campground for the night.

DSC05257.jpg

DSC05259.jpg

DSC05268.jpg

DSC05289.jpg

DSC05339.jpg

We did not go into the actual indian reservation to get closer to monument valley's structures. Roads arent to good in there from my research and it takes a while to get out and back. So we just took pictures form a distance.

DSC05348.jpg

DSC05355.jpg

DSC05374.jpg

DSC05378.jpg

DSC05398.jpg

DSC05400.jpg

Made it into Utah!

DSC05406.jpg

DSC05411.jpg

DSC05418.jpg

DSC05426.jpg

DSC05451.jpg

I have heard of free range chicken but that's a little scary on a 70 mph road. Thankfully you can see a really long way down the road out here.

DSC05465.jpg

DSC05471.jpg

DSC05475.jpg

DSC05480.jpg

DSC05494.jpg

Our home for the evening.

DSC05533.jpg

DSC05539.jpg

DSC05541.jpg

Camping in the site next to us was a gentelman who was biking his way across the country. he had a little tow behind trailer for hi mountain bike that carried his tent and gear. He had been stuck here for a few days as he bent a rim coming into town and was waiting on a tire to come in. It was neat getting his perspective on seeing things and pedaling you way through the mounatins.

Next up Arches National Park

I am sure but it would still be nice to see it from the other side. I hear it is less crowded as well.

500 thousand as opposed to 3.5 million

has a great lodge too

It was amazing. This guys was heading through the Rocky's for the east coast. I thought that was a little more ambitious than I would ever be.

more ambitious than me too.

Monument Valley looks awesome!! If you were going to get stranded on an Indian Reservation that one looks a lot prettier than the Crow Nation, just saying! :rofl2:

It is a beautiful area.

Your pictures are gorgeous! Southern Utah is beautiful. I always liked driving through there.

It is a very striking area.

So lets try this again. We left the campground the next morning headed north to Arches National Park.

DSC05560.jpg

You start seeing arches before you get to the park.

DSC05615.jpg

DSC05663.jpg

DSC05669.jpg

DSC05708.jpg

DSC05710.jpg

We made it!

DSC05722.jpg

DSC05723.jpg

DSC05727.jpg

DSC05743.jpg

DSC05745.jpg

So in addition to the arches for which it is named there are also fins and towers. At one of the towers there were a bunch of people stopped taking pictures of the scenery. It was nice in shady next to the tower so we though we would as well. While looking around and Sil was taking pictures I noticed some people had climbed up the tower to the point where it goes pretty much vertical. I decided I wanted to head up there and check out the view. I also deicded not to tell Silvia cause she would worry about me.

As I was working my way up she realized I wasn't near her any more and finally found me half way to my destination. Once I got

as far up as I was able to go I had a great view. Course Silvia had the camera so I don't have a picture to share. Sorry.

So Pictures of this...here we go

DSC05750.jpg

DSC05752.jpg

DSC05755.jpg

Surrounding area

DSC05757.jpg

DSC05762.jpg

I made it!

DSC05763.jpg

This was quite a ways up in all honesty and I was fairly tired after doing this so I didn't get out of the car to much for a little while.

Continuing through the park.

The Windows as they are called

DSC05780.jpg

DSC05787.jpg

DSC05795.jpg

DSC05799.jpg

DSC05817.jpg

DSC05829.jpg

DSC05844.jpg

DSC05866.jpg

DSC05870.jpg

DSC05877.jpg

DSC05926.jpg

We spent a couple of hours here. On the way back out we stopped to see Park Avenue, There was no parking available on our way in so we were glad there was some now.

DSC05946.jpg

DSC05947.jpg

pic limit

DSC05948.jpg

DSC05953.jpg

Heading down form the plateau

DSC05963.jpg

and on the road again after stopping in the gift shop

DSC06010.jpg

We are now headed north to Provo, UT. Our friend Ben lives there with his wife. Ben is the person who introduced us so we had to pay him a visit.

DSC06010.jpg

DSC06093.jpg

Sad to say we didnt take many pictures in Provo. We rolled into town. Had dinner and dessert with Ben and his wife and then went to our hotel to do laundry and sleep.

The next day on the way out of town we did grab some pics as we passed through the mountains.

DSC06129.jpg

DSC06132.jpg

Today is a long drive day. We started in Provo and we are headed to Yellowstone. But not in anything approaching a straight line.

So we headed east towards Flaming Gorge Recreational Area.

Some sights along the way.

DSC06156.jpg

DSC06160.jpg

DSC06166.jpg

DSC06177.jpg

DSC06180.jpg

DSC06182.jpg

Entering the flaming gorge area

DSC06224.jpg

DSC06252.jpg

DSC06260.jpg

DSC06262.jpg