Can You Answer This Bus Question?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are stuck someplace and need a ride and I am on property, give me a call. I won't come and get you, but I will chat with you while you wait for your cab.

I just drank a bottle a vodka to understand this thread.

It started out as "Can you answer this bus question?", but Todd hijacked it and created a train wreck, so I changed the title to what it had become.

Ok, let's try it again.

According to the published info, buses start running one hour before park opening.

You're staying at a WDW resort, other than FW, and you have an ADR at the Crystal Palace for 7:30am. You're too cheap to take a cab and you don't have a car. How do you get there on time if the buses don't start running until 8am

Walk, after all you told us to stay off the buses anyway.

There are buses designed for early breakfasts and tours.

From most resorts, there is a bus to MK that starts at 6:30 am. It is not that frequent, but if you have an early Crystal Palace ADR, I would recommend being out at the bus stop about 6:20 am. The MK bus is designed for early breakfasts and tours at MK, Poly, GF, Contemporary, WL, and the Fort

From most resorts, there is a bus to Epcot that starts at 7:00 am. It is not that frequent, but if you have an early Princess Breakfast, I would recommend being out at the bus stop about 6:50 am. This bus is designed for early breakfasts and tours at Epcot.

From most resorts, there is a bus to Studios that starts at 7:00 am. It is not that frequent, but if you have an early breakfast at the Studios, or one of the Epcot resorts, I would recommend being out at the bus stop about 6:50 am. This bus is designed for early breakfasts and tours at Studios, Yacht Club, Beach Club, Swan, Dolphin, and Boardwalk.

From most resorts, there is a bus to Animal Kingdom that starts at 7:00 am. It is not that frequent, but if you have an early breakfast, I would recommend being out at the bus stop about 6:50 am. This bus is designed for early breakfasts and tours at Animal Kingdom, and Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Another little know tip, lets say you get on that early bus, and you are the only ones on that bus, and if your final destination is not at the actual park, tell the driver your true destination, he might be able to take you straight there.

And by not that frequent, I mean it could be 30-40 minutes later for the next bus if you miss that first one.

Just one minor change to Carol's answer.

While there were buses that were called and were specifically designed for Character Breakfasts and displayed that on the marquee, they are no longer that. They're now classified as just regular park buses and will display the park name on the marquee.

It was before my time, and maybe Carol knows, if the Character Breakfast buses took you to the resort where the breakfast was?

Anyway, the current buses start operating way before the one hour before park opening, on average about of 6:30 and will take you to a park, unless as Carol pointed out, you speak to the driver.

So what's up with the one hour before park opening baloney? That's when all the buses start operating fully everywhere.

Up until then, waits can be longer, much longer.

And by not that frequent, I mean it could be 30-40 minutes later for the next bus if you miss that first one.

Up until then, waits can be longer, much longer.

And this is why I skip the buses and drive if I'm trying to get to a park for rope drop. What if you happen to just miss the bus? It is likely that you will have a long wait, and not make it to where you want to go on time.

TCD

My answer may have been short on details, but I got it right too. I feel like chopped liver.

Hold on Ms Chopped Liver. It sounded like a question to me. And no, there are no buses specifically for character breakfasts, only park buses that may or may not drop you off at the resort where the breakfast is.

Generally they'll take you to a park where unless the breakffast is at a park, you'lll transfer to the resort either on another bus, boat, or monorail.

Hold on Ms Chopped Liver. It sounded like a question to me. And no, there are no buses specifically for character breakfasts, only park buses that may or may not drop you off at the resort where the breakfast is.

Generally they'll take you to a park where unless the breakffast is at a park, you'lll transfer to the resort either on another bus, boat, or monorail.

I guess you need to have the luxury of visiting more than once a year to play this game if that level of detail is required in an answer. And answers in the form of a question work for jeopardy...

I honestly don't know about the specific character breakfast buses way back when. I know they exisited, and I think I remember seeing posts and pictures about the word "character breakfast" on the marquis, but don't know how they ran.

And yes, the buses I was referring to are labeled as park buses, but are for the early morning park (or near park) experiences.

Next question.

So once again you're a cheap skate and you're trying to avoid paying the parking fee at the parks. Which is a really dumb idea, BTW.

Some people believe it's possible to park free somewhere and take a WDW bus directly, without a transfer, to park(s) thereby avoiding the parking fee.

Are those people right, or is it a myth, again, because it was done years ago?

This is a True or False question ONLY, but I need the name of the park(s) that you can get to and the parking lot location.

If your answer is True, PM me in order to get credit.

Next question.

So once again you're a cheap skate and you're trying to avoid paying the parking fee at the parks. Which is a really dumb idea, BTW.

Some people believe it's possible to park free somewhere and take a WDW bus directly, without a transfer, to park(s) thereby avoiding the parking fee.

Are those people right, or is it a myth, again, because it was done years ago?

This is a True or False question ONLY, but I need the name of the park and parking location, if your answer is True, PMd to me in order for you to get credit.

They park at the Fort. That also gives them the added luxury of using the pool.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know when the first bus starts in the morning, and there is a bus information kiosk there at the TTC to get a schedule from. However, I do know the buses run from the TTC to the various parks a couple hours after the LAST park closes. Some silly guest drives to AK early in the morning, leaves their car there, then goes to MK by bus which closes at 1am. AK is long closed, but they can still go to TTC and get a bus to AK to retrieve their car.