The one I got was on boring white paper. Maybe it wasn't a serious offense.

As usual, I wasn't even camping there and I was just about to leave anyway.

I just gave the IR the, you can't do anything to me look, and drove away. And yes, I was very scared.

You had better watch it Mister. All offenses are serious and will be dealt with swiftly (and inconsistently depending on which IR is on duty).

They probably just ran out of the orange paper.

TCD

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I need a golf cart because when I try to ride my bike to the pool, my margarita spills all over me and is pretty much empty by the time I get there.

You had better hope one of the Fort Rangers doesn't catch you on a golf cart with a margarita. You will be in big trouble! You will probably get a copy of the golf cart rules handed to you. Printed

I wouldn't put my toe in that pool.

Lou was just there to use the pool and take up a chair or two.

You will never see me in that pool.

darned freeloaders...

By definition, a freeloader sneaks in and uses resort amenities without paying.

I don't have to sneak in and never, ever, use amenities,

Unless you call walking Buddy around the loops and keeping you animals in line an amenity.

By definition, a freeloader sneaks in and uses resort amenities without paying.

I don't have to sneak in and never, ever, use amenities,

Unless you call walking Buddy around the loops and keeping you animals in line an amenity.

You have never used the rest rooms? or Buddy has never done his business? Then I guess you are not a freeloader and have something left to aspire too.

Fort he record, I got pulled over by an IR on July 5th with an unopened beer on the cart on my way back to Bob's. He said nothing about that, but was more upset I left the loop through the wrong entrance. As TCD said, inconsistent. It was also late and I was the only one at the Fort still awake (besides other Fiends at Bob's)

If it's open... supposedly that's a no-no. Jury is still out on whether an unopened beer is a slappable offense.

But as in all things Disney, the enforcement of "the rules" seems to change given the day, direction of the wind, cloud cover, whether the birds are singing, how tightly the ranger's panties are bunched up....

If it's open... supposedly that's a no-no. Jury is still out on whether an unopened beer is a slappable offense.

But as in all things Disney, the enforcement of "the rules" seems to change given the day, direction of the wind, cloud cover, whether the birds are singing, how tightly the ranger's panties are bunched up....

I hate to say, but if Disney stuck to the letter of "the rules" the Fort would be way less fun... :clint:

That one I bolded is the key to the whole thing.

And, the rules on the golf cart wheel say consuming alcohol is not permitted when the cart is in operation. A beer (open or not) sitting in the cup holder is not consuming alcohol. And, once you park, it is OK to sit on the cart and drink your beer. It's not in operation then:

100_0761.jpg

TCD

We're planning our first trip to FW.

Just curious why people rent golf carts. Is it for practical reasons such as the place is huge, the Disney bus system in the campground isn't reliable enough, etc? Or is it for fun reasons such as looping, etc?

For the people who do rent carts, do they use them to go from their site to the outpost up front to catch a bus to the theme parks (is there cart parking up front)?

Is it practical to use bicycles rather than a cart?

Note that we are bringing a class C without a toad so won't have other transporation.

We are asking because the cost for a week rental through Kenny / Tee Time, while cheaper than Disney, is still a chunk of money.

We never used to get a cart, always used bikes and the busses to get around.

Then we started renting one from the Fort for a day or two each stay, both for fun and for getting around. Much easier to go see the nightly movie, go for a quick swim, or go watch the fireworks when you have one. Then at Christmas time to go around and look at the lights. We were almost always in 2000 which is kind of off the beaten path anyway so it really helped.

Then I found FF and learned about renting for less. Now we have a cart for almost every day of our stays there (but not always). It just depends on what we'll be doing, the weather, etc. If it's one of those Fort-only trips, a cart is a must - but we still bring our bikes. If we're staying at the Fort and visiting parks during the day, then we don't have a cart.

Maybe you could just get one from the Fort for a day and see how you like having it? Once you start "looping", you either love it or don't.