Favorite Disney World Burgers

From the Disney Food Blog. What's your favorite WDW burger??

What’s Your Favorite Disney Burger?

Sep 19th, 2012 by AJ.

It’s usually my job to smash though the stereotype that theme parks only serve burgers and fries, but today…it’s time to embrace it! We’re going to talk burgers, all! Are ya ready to share your favorites?

It’s time to update our “best burgers in Disney World” list, and we think there are some seriously unexpected meat-and-bun creations that go far beyond what you would expect from a theme park burger. Let’s take a look at some of the most notable in the bunch.

This isn’t an exhaustive list, though! I’d love to hear your favorites in the comments below!

Picnic Burger at Sci-Fi Dine-In

The All American Picnic Burger is a flame-broiled Angus burger patty topped with…wait until you hear this…a grilled hot dog! On top of this, you get sauerkraut, sautéed onions, ketchup, mustard, and a pickle spear! Yep — this one is HUGE…and messy!

Served at the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater in Disney’s Hollywood Studios, it’s a picnic on a plate. Go ahead and indulge!

Picnic-Burger-1-500x337.jpg

Picnic Burger

Beaches and Cream Burger

This one made our very first “Best Burgers” list way back when, and the simplicity of it keeps it on the list!

Beaches and Cream is your spot for comforting food, including malted milkshakes, chicken noodle soup, awesome ice cream sundaes, and Angus cheeseburgers. Make yours a single or a double! The buns are freshly baked.

Single-with-Onion-Rings-500x333.jpg

Single Cheeseburger with Onion Rings

Surf and Surf “Burger” at Landscape of Flavors

This is probably the newest on the list, and hails from Art of Animation Resort’s Landscape of Flavors!

Not technically a burger, the Surf and Surf is actually a Crab Cake topped with fried popcorn shrimp, tomato, lettuce, and Cajun remoulade on a brioche bun. There are plenty of other great burgers to choose from at this new counter-service stop, though, so head on over!

IMG_5727-001-600x400.jpg

The "surf and surf" burger. Popcorn shrimp on top of a crabcake.

Grand Floridian Lobster-Topped Burger

Yes, it’s an expensive burger…but well worth a try! While the price seems fitting for the location, guests are often surprised that one of the best burgers on Disney World property can be found at the Victorian themed Grand Floridian Cafe!

Start by ordering your Angus burger grilled to your specification. When it arrives the table, the grilled-to-order burger will be topped with butter poached lobster (!!!), red onion marmalade, crispy prosciutto, and arugula between a delicious brioche bun.

This one trips on and off the menu, we’ve heard, so be prepared.

Angus Burger at Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe

Frontierland’s Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Cafe in the Magic Kingdom is the place to round up a deluxe 1/3 lb Angus Cheeseburger!

Get yours topped with bacon, onion rings, and barbecue sauce! What’s more cowboy than that (says the Texas transplant who doesn’t know all that much about cowboys)? Don’t forget to hit the fixins bar!

And be sure to visit several of Disney’s other counter service spots for more specialty burgers (we like the Caribbean Burger)!

Angus-Burger-500x333.jpg

Angus Burger

Angus Chuck Cheeseburger at Liberty Tree Tavern

This one is truly a personal favorite since Liberty Tree Tavern is one of my number one lunch spots in the Magic Kingdom.

You can get your burger topped with bacon and cheddar, or mushrooms and provolone; and don’t forget to order the ooey gooey toffee cake (yes, it really is called ooey gooey toffee cake) for dessert! You won’t regret it.

Liberty-Tree-Tavern-Burger-600x450.jpg

Liberty Tree Tavern Burger

Le Cellier House Burger

Le Cellier (another one of my favorite restaurants) creates a memorable burger with roasted mushrooms, pancetta, maple barbecue, Black Diamond cheddar (hubba, hubba!), and crispy onions (our pic below has slightly different ingredients, remember).

If you’re at Le Cellier and bypassing the filet, this burger is a great choice. It’s the flavorful, melted cheese that makes this one a real stand-out for me.

Note that in 2013 Le Cellier will add lunch to its signature dining status (i.e. become more expensive and high-end). We’ll have to keep an eye on menu changes that might include the loss of this fabulous burger.

2239.jpg

Grilled Angus Chuck Burger with slightly different ingredients...

Fada Burger at Raglan Road Irish Pub & Restaurant

Highly recommended, the Fada Burger at Raglan Road is a chargrilled burger with tomato chutney, Irish bacon, and Dubliner cheddar cheese.

Check out how much I love this burger (and the cheese!) in this Raglan Road review. (Spoiler: Yes. I order a “side of cheese.”)

Fada-Burger-irish-bacon-tomato-chutney-dubliner-cheddar-and-Chips-318x525.jpg

Fada Burger with Irish Bacon, Tomato Chutney, Dubliner Cheddar, and Chips

Kobe Beef Burger at Yak & Yeti

Burgers don’t exactly come to mind when wandering by the Yak & Yeti Restaurant at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. But with 10 oz. of grilled American Kobe beef, this big ol’ burger just might get your attention!

This one’s topped with your choice of shiitake mushroom & scallion compote or Asian slaw. On the side, you’ll get sesame-soy mayonnaise and shoestring fries. We have a review of the Kobe Beef Burger here.

Kobe-Beef-Burger.jpg

Kobe Beef Burger and Fries

Angus Chuck Burger at Captain’s Grille

And here’s another fancy seafoody burger! This one’s topped with Lump Crabmeat Salad and Choron Sauce at the Yacht Club’s Captain’s Grille!

We have a review here of this signature sandwich.

captains-grill-signature-sandwich-500x254.jpg

Signature Lump Crabmeat Sandwich

So now that I’ve shared a few of my favorite burgers, I can’t wait to hear about yours! What are your must-eat Disney burgers from Disney World, Disneyland, the Disney Cruise Ships, and around the world??

What’s your favorite Disney burger? Is it one of ours, or a different find? Let us know in the comments below!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/09/19/whats-your-favorite-disney-burger/

These fancy burgers are nice but the best deal is th Angus Onionstraw Burger at the Backlot Express is one of my favorites.

Thanks to a TCD TR my favorite dog is the pretzel dog at Min and Bill's Dockside Diner also at HS.

OK, tell me where the Backlot Express is. Is that the restaurant by the Honey I Shrunk The Kids Playground?

I love a good cheeseburger, but I have yet to find one at WDW.

I'm glad to hear you tried the pretzel dog at Dockside Diner. Those are Da Bomb Dot Com (according to the TCD twins).

TCD

I generally don't get burgers when I'm at WDW. I can get a burger at any drivethrough (and quite often do) right here at home.

For us dining at WDW is a major part of the experience. Yes some of the more unique entrees have disappeared, but if you are willing to spend the money and the time, there is still pretty darn good dining at WDW.

For example, we spent Labor Day Weekend at WDW. Were in the parks every one of those days, but went on a total of TWO attractions (well 3 if you count One Man's Dream) Strolling along, enjoying the "little things" and enjoying a good meal is what we do at WDW these days.

Having said that I have had the Mushroom Burger at House of Blues and it was pretty darn tasty!!

OK, tell me where the Backlot Express is. Is that the restaurant by the Honey I Shrunk The Kids Playground?

I love a good cheeseburger, but I have yet to find one at WDW.

I'm glad to hear you tried the pretzel dog at Dockside Diner. Those are Da Bomb Dot Com (according to the TCD twins).

TCD

I think the one by the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground is called the Studio Catering Company, but I could be wrong. The place I am thinking about is between Indiana Jones and Star Wars. They have a great burger for fairly cheap by Disney Standards.

The pretzel dog and a beer was awesome ate it twice last trip. The caesar chicken wrap there is good too.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree. BLE is the one by Star Tours. Yes, their food isn't bad.

I think I've said it before, but I'll definitely say it again. My favorite burger at WDW is the Cheeseburger with Candied Bacon at Trails End. Holy Cow. It was, hands down, one of the best burgers I've ever had.