TCD's Pre-Halloween 2012 Trip Report

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Of course, I was in my prime then! :)

Any parent that tells you they don't snatch their favorite candy from their kids' Halloween stash is either lying or is allergic to chocolate. And I only put that last choice there for Jen. My kids

Okay....i cant believe you didnt buy the fifteen shirts and am puzzled why you didnt ask daisy duke for directions to her favorite stores?

great trip report! Love reading them!!!

I always learn fun new facts thru your TR's!!!

Thanks.

And speaking of learning something, that reminded me that I had two more photos I meant to post.

They were in response to this very funny post:

FW101812379.jpg

Sir Lancelot: Look, my liege!

[trumpets play a fanfare as the camera cuts briefly to the sight of a majestic castle]

King Arthur: [in awe] Camelot!

Sir Galahad: [in awe] Camelot!

Sir Lancelot: [in awe] Camelot!

Patsy: [derisively] It's only a model!

King Arthur: Shh!

King Arthur: On second thought, let's not go to Camelot. It is a silly place.

Check out these photos from when they first put the Beast's castle in place:

beastcastle1.jpg

beastcastle2.jpg

I know it's really very small.

But, with the rock in place, and the forced perspective tricks, it really does look like a full sized castle way up in the sky.

TCD

Great TR, TCD! Enjoyed reading along.

Can't wait to hear about your ultimate bragging rights

OK- check back tomorrow to see if you agree that my bragging rights are ultimate. I say they are.

Great report Andrew!

Although I must say I'm a little disappointed in your unsolved mysteries, but I'll recover nice you begin the next report.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks, Tom.

Don't worry- I will solve those mysteries.

Sometimes I need a little time.

They all may be related- the dam fence, the hot air ballons, the deer trap and the alien communication pod across from Pioneer Hall.

I just need a couple of more clues.

But, we will put that on the back burner because I need to get going on the Ultimate Bragging Rights TR.

TCD

Glad tomorrow is a Fort day and that I really should figure out where we are going after Saturday..... my computer is in counseling with my mifi they are both complaining about lack of use.... A new TCD TR should reconcile the relastionships

If the weather over there is anything like what we are enjoying over here on the west coast of Florida, you picked a good day for your Fort day. Enjoy!

If all goes according to plan, the new TR will launch in the next hour.

TCD,

Great report! Loved reading about your fun trip and seeing all of the photos!

Thanks for sharing!

Heidi

Thanks, Heidi, glad that you got to read it.

How did y'all make out in the storm?

Mystery #3 - thats a photo eye to turn on those 2 lights. Looks like they added it since the box extension is not painted to match the existing conduit and electrical box.

Thank You!

But, that big old thing is just a photo eye?

How do we know that you aren't part of the government conspiracy trying to keep whatever secret they are trying to hide from us?

Since you claim to be some kind of geek, how about this thing- any ideas? :

FW101812194.jpg

I think you all should know that clearly I am TCD's favorite.

Last year he started new TR on my birthday and according to what he has posted here the same thing will happen tomorrow.

Well, Happy Birthday!

No comment on if you are my favorite. You are as bad as my kids. ;) I will have to repeat my standard line: I love you all the same.

TCD

Did I miss what the "Adult" movie was? That was this TR it was suppose to reported on? or am I blending them all together?

jon

Dang it, I forgot to tell that part!

I was in a hurry to get my next TR launched.

Sorry about that.

We did see the adult movie.

We went looping when we got back on Saturday night.

After I had looked for Judy and Donnie.

We took a loop around the Spooktacular loop.

The movie was still playing.

They had a big inflatable screen there on the the site with all the picnic tables.

There weren't many people left watching it.

And, some of them were kids.

It was too dark to take a photo, but it was a funny scene.

TCD

A few things now that I am caught up:

I can't believe you did not rip off your tear-away pants and your shirt and run on stage in your stars and stripes boxing trunks when Eye of the Tiger came on. No stage dive either?

Food and Wine seems like a mad house. Is it always like that?

You deserve props for letting the twins chill at MK while you did all the tear down and clean up. You are a good dad.

Beers, football, and new Fantasyland. I see no issue with that.

I think you should have grabbed Indy's gun, shot all the bad guys, took Indy's hat/put it on, brushed off your shoulder in his direction, and walked off stage. I would have paid you money for that video.

Good job. Again.

Okay, now to find the new TR!

Dang it, I forgot to tell that part!

I was in a hurry to get my next TR launched.

Sorry about that.

We did see the adult movie.

We went looping when we got back on Saturday night.

After I had looked for Judy and Donnie.

We took a loop around the Spooktacular loop.

The movie was still playing.

They had a big inflatable screen there on the the site with all the picnic tables.

There weren't many people left watching it.

And, some of them were kids.

It was too dark to take a photo, but it was a funny scene.

TCD

Ok so what was the movie? :)

We did great! While it sounded like a train circling our house, we never even lost our power. My heart goes out to the poor souls in NY and NJ.........so very sad.

Glad to hear you made it through the storm OK.

Agreed about the sadness for the losses suffered by others.

A few things now that I am caught up:

I can't believe you did not rip off your tear-away pants and your shirt and run on stage in your stars and stripes boxing trunks when Eye of the Tiger came on. No stage dive either?

Food and Wine seems like a mad house. Is it always like that?

You deserve props for letting the twins chill at MK while you did all the tear down and clean up. You are a good dad.

Beers, football, and new Fantasyland. I see no issue with that.

I think you should have grabbed Indy's gun, shot all the bad guys, took Indy's hat/put it on, brushed off your shoulder in his direction, and walked off stage. I would have paid you money for that video.

Good job. Again.

Okay, now to find the new TR!

You have some great ideas there!

No, Food and Wine is not always like that. But on Saturday nights (and I have heard Fridays too), if the weather is nice, it gets like that.

About sending the girls off while I pack up- there are times that I really enjoy taking my time to get things packed up, and this was one of them. Sometimes, I pack in a hurry and then I have to pop-up the camper when I get home to get everything properly cleaned up and put away so I can store the camper for next time. Other times, I take my time to carefully pack up, so that when I get home, all I have to do is put the camper away. Sunday morning was beautiful, and I got everything packed up nice so that we are ready for our next trip.

That is a great idea about Indy. That would be great. And funny. The only downside is that I would probably be banned from WDW. But, it might be worth it to become a Youtube sensation.

Ok so what was the movie? :)

Very good!

Someone is still paying attention.

The Adult Movie was not what some of you may have expected.

It was The Hunger Games.

The twins wanted to stay and watch it, as it was only to about the half-way point when we went by. It must have been the second feature.

That is a good choice for a movie to watch on an outdoor screen at the Fort.

But, we weren't part of that group, and it would have been weird to sit there and watch their movie.

So we didn't.

I think that covers everything.

Thanks, again to all who read along.

TCD