Our Wildest Halloween Ride through the Wilderness!

IBALT = it's been a long time.

Thanks for enjoying my photos!

I never cease to be amazed at what I see people wearing at the parks. One day it was over 80 and I saw a woman wearing those fuzzy Ugg boots. Several times I saw 5" spike heels. Wish I'd been able to get a photo of all of them!

Oh.

You young people and your lingo!

I never heard that one.

I seriously would love to spend a trip to WDW collecting what not to wear photos.

You are right- it woldn't be hard to fill a memory card.

TCD

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wanna go back... and I want everyone to come toooooooo

Friday, November 2 – Major Pixie Dust! -- Part 1 Had breakfast in the moho, then we had another long wait at the bus stop. Finally got to EPCOT: How often do you see a rainbow and the moon at the sa

Thank you! I have to be awake at 5am to receive more pixie dust tomorrow but I can't sleep. David has been snoring for an hour. I'm frustrated.

Monday, October 29 – Tea, Anyone? -- Part 1

Had breakfast at Chef Mickey’s (IBALT).

Picture368.jpg

Picture370.jpg

Picture371.jpg

Picture372.jpg

Picture373.jpg

Picture374.jpg

Picture375.jpg

Picture376.jpg

The character interaction was good, but the food quality was disappointing. Although there were many more selections, the food was much better at Trail’s End. Mickey’s bacon was the thin flavorless cardboard variety. My Mickey waffle was undercooked. Quiche was so-so. Fruit was overall not quite ripe.

My food:

Picture377.jpg

Picture378.jpg

Picture393.jpg

Picture383.jpg

And some characters:

Picture382.jpg

Picture380.jpg

Picture386.jpg

Picture388.jpg

Picture390.jpg

Picture394.jpg

No, we didn't buy the picture package. I think it was $35 for one picture of us with the statue and 5 stock photos of the characters. Ridiculously expensive.

We wandered around the Contemporary for awhile.

Picture396.jpg

Picture399.jpg

Picture400.jpg

Picture422.jpg

I'm gonna stop here for awhile. Photobucket is acting weird again. I'm so grateful to Carol for teaching me on my last TR to put my image codes into Word and then copy over ... especially at times like this with PB.

Monday, October 29 – Tea, Anyone? -- Part 2

We then rode the monorail to the Poly just to look around. I love the landscaping, both indoors and out:

Picture403.jpg

Picture404.jpg

Picture405.jpg

Picture407.jpg

Picture411.jpg

Picture412.jpg

Picture413.jpg

Picture414.jpg

Picture419.jpg

Picture409.jpg

Picture417.jpg

Picture418.jpg

Picture420.jpg

Picture410.jpg

Then we drove over to Downtown Disney for a brief visit.

Picture425.jpg

Picture426.jpg

Picture428.jpg

Picture429.jpg

Picture430.jpg

Picture431.jpg

Picture432.jpg

Picture433.jpg

Picture434.jpg

Picture435.jpg

Picture436.jpg

Picture438.jpg

Then we drove back to the fort because I had a very important event to get dressed for!

Picture439.jpg

Picture440.jpg

Oh.

You young people and your lingo!

I never heard that one.

I seriously would love to spend a trip to WDW collecting what not to wear photos.

You are right- it woldn't be hard to fill a memory card.

TCD

Me too! Let's do that some time!

Gwen, I agree with the others, your photos are wonderful!!

It looks like you got to Chef Mickey's really early! Like the first ones there even! It looks like it's still dark out.

I also love to go to the Poly and just linger to enjoy the landscaping and the ambience.

Very nice pictures!!!!!!!!!!!! I am glad the review on bacon came up as when we were there the 1st week of Oct. as always my wife has to have breakfast with Pooh & Friends at Crystal Palace and I even commented to her how tasteless the bacon was very bland now I know I'm not crazy. The biggest reason she likes to eat ther is for the Puffed French Toast whivh is always at the childrens section, does anyone if they offer it at any other resturants?

Gwen, your pictures are so AWESOME! Great TR! I 'm loving it .

Thank you, Sheila! I wish I had a better camera, but I try my best with what I have. Pics of you are coming up soon!

Great photos!

And a cliffhanger!

Nicely done.

TCD

p.s. I would be happy to eat that cardboard bacon any time.

Thank you! All compliments on trip reports from you are gladly received!

I'd be happy to eat that cardboard bacon too if it meant I were back at the fort. But I much prefer the bacon they are now serving!

Me too! Let's do that some time!

Gwen, I agree with the others, your photos are wonderful!!

It looks like you got to Chef Mickey's really early! Like the first ones there even! It looks like it's still dark out.

I also love to go to the Poly and just linger to enjoy the landscaping and the ambience.

Thank you too! We were the second table to be seated at Chef Mickey's, so I ran up and snapped some shots before anyone else got to the buffet.

As for the Poly, we hadn't been there since our son was married at Sunset Pointe in 2004. It's one of those resorts that is nice to visit but I'd never want to stay there. This visit was nice because we took our time and just loitered around soaking up the place.

I am really loving this Trip Report. Awesome pictures. I am waiting for more. :popcorn:

Thank you! I'm working on the next installment.

Very nice pictures!!!!!!!!!!!! I am glad the review on bacon came up as when we were there the 1st week of Oct. as always my wife has to have breakfast with Pooh & Friends at Crystal Palace and I even commented to her how tasteless the bacon was very bland now I know I'm not crazy. The biggest reason she likes to eat ther is for the Puffed French Toast whivh is always at the childrens section, does anyone if they offer it at any other resturants?

Thanks! We like to have breakfast at the Crystal Palace too. No, you are not crazy over the bacon issue. If I'm paying Chef Mickey prices, it's ridiculous to serve me cardboard. Can't help you on the french toast since I'm a low carber and don't eat it. Sorry!

Monday, October 29 – Tea, Anyone? -- Part 3

We returned to Dolly and I dressed for the tea party. We had such a great time!

We met at the dock and took a boat to the MK, then another boat to the GF.

Picture441.jpg

Isn't Missy pretty in her hat!

Picture444.jpg

Who can guess whose feet these are? (If you were at the GG, please don't comment!)

Picture446.jpg

We sat outdoors and talked until our reservation time, having fun as only the Fiends can do.

Picture447.jpg

Picture448.jpg

Picture449.jpg

Picture450.jpg

Picture451.jpg

Picture452.jpg

Then we entered the GF:

Picture454.jpg

We were all deciding what to order:

Picture455.jpg

Picture456.jpg

Picture457.jpg

Everone else selected menus more exciting, but I stuck with my low carb diet:

Picture465.jpg

I chose a spicy decaf tea. Don't remember the name of it, but it was delicious. Also had the British cheese plate and a glass of champagne. Yum ...

Dumb me ... I asked what these things were:

Picture463.jpg

Turns out they were tea cozies to keep our tea warm. But we were freezing in the room, and Melissa and I found another use for them:

Picture472.jpg

To keep our hands warm!

So we devoured our tea and snacks:

Picture466.jpg

Picture467.jpg

Picture468.jpg

Picture469.jpg

Picture471.jpg

We asked a CM to take a group photo of us:

Picture479.jpg

Left to right, bottom row: Lorna, Doodle, Kathy

Left to right, stairs: Nicki, Carol, Melissa, Sheila, Gwen, Missy, Julia, Linda

We then went outside and talked for awhile longer before returning to the fort.

Picture477.jpg

We had noticed a strange lady sitting in the lobby of the GF:

Picture480.jpg

Melissa asked a CM what was going on with her. She was told that the lady lived nearby. She and her husband used to come to the GF every afternoon to listen to the pianist. She had collected stuffed animals. Her husband had passed away. So now she brings a basket filled with the stuffed animals her deceased husband had given her and comes to the GF every afternoon alone to hear the pianist.

Such a sad story, but it was spooky! Doodle and I went back in to see her again, and Doodle posed for this picture so I could get one of the lady:

Picture482.jpg

It was almost like seeing a ghost. Her clothes were so outdated ... her hair didn't look like it had been brushed in a long time ... and she just sat there motionless.

Then we all made our way back to the fort. I cooked dinner, did some prepping for the next day’s potluck, and crashed.

Excellent!!!!

Based on process of elimination, those have to be Nicki's feet.

TCD

Hmmm.... you know there were a few more feet they could have been on. You didn't see my shoes during our encounter on the street, did you?

:yourock:

Yes, those are Nicki's feet! We have a winner!

Let me just say this. There are two things not to have if you don't want to get stopped all the time.

1. A great dane

2. Hot pink toe shoes

I'm not a tea kinda girl, but it looks like you ladies had a good time.

The stuffed animal lady story is so sad.

Regardless of the tea (which you wouldn't have to get), you would have had a great time! That was a fun group of ladies!

the stuffed animal lady breaks my heart! Your right though, she could pass for a statue....she looked motionless! And I think her hair is a wig!

Great pics though---tea party looked fun!

I thought it was a wig too -- at least I hope so!

Great pictures of the Tea party, Gwen. It was a good time!!

Thanks, Doodle!

great pics! love the group photo--i might have to print that one and get autographs!! ;D

Yeah, you'd better. We're all so famous, aren't we? :rofl2:

Almost made me cry with the old lady story. Almost.

I'm not convinced the old lady isn't a cast member. Just sayin'.

Let me just say this. There are two things not to have if you don't want to get stopped all the time.

1. A great dane

2. Hot pink toe shoes

May I add something to your list?

3. TWO great danes

You all have a great day, and thanks for reading along!

Tuesday, October 30 – Visiting with Relatives and a Freezing Potluck -- Part 1

We left early in the morning to go to Lakeland for a visit with my aunt and uncle.

Picture485.jpg

Always enjoy seeing these:

Picture486.jpg

Stopped on the way at Bob Evans for a giant breakfast. Mine:

Picture487.jpg

Picture488.jpg

Picture489.jpg

That omelet was delicious!

Had a great visit with Clyde and Jo.

Picture496.jpg

Of course on the way back we had to stop at my least favorite store – WalMart. And surprise, surprise, I didn't take a picture of it.

Since it was too dark to take these obligatory pictures on our arrival day, I snapped these today:

Picture322enhanced.jpg

Picture341.jpg

Picture350.jpg

Got back to the fort and finished cooking my contribution to the potluck. Oh, what fun we had! About 80 people attended. We had a great time meeting fiends.

Picture503.jpg

Picture504.jpg

Lou's beautiful wife:

Picture505.jpg

And Buddy is adorable!

Picture509.jpg

Picture510.jpg

Picture513.jpg

Picture515.jpg

Picture516.jpg

Picture518.jpg

Picture519.jpg

Picture520.jpg

Picture521.jpg

Picture522.jpg

Picture523.jpg

Picture524.jpg

(continued in next post -- too many pics)

Tuesday, October 30 – Visiting with Relatives and a Freezing Potluck – Part 2

Picture525.jpg

Picture526.jpg

Picture528.jpg

Picture529.jpg

Picture531.jpg

Picture530.jpg

Picture532.jpg

Picture533.jpg

Picture534.jpg

As you can see, there was a lot of good food and a lot of great Fiends!

We ended up leaving earlier than a lot of the Fiends because we’d had a long day and it was sooooo cold that night!

On the way back to Dolly I snapped a few photos of Halloween decorations:

Picture535.jpg

Picture539.jpg