Candlelight Processional Tips

In all of our visits to WDW, the TCD gang has never sat and watched the Candlelight Processional at Epcot.

Anyone have tips on when we should line up and for which showing- any day of the week less busy than others?

I know there's a dinner package, but I don't want to be tied down by that, and there probably is limited or no availability at this late date.

So, help a Fiend out -let me know what has worked for you.

TCD

I can't help you regarding what day or time to see it, but I can suggest you choose your narrator wisely. We are seeing it this year with Gary Sinese. I've heard excellent things about his performance. IMO, you want to get a narrator who believes what he or she is saying. Otherwise, it lacks passion and conviction.

I think I already missed Whoppi.

So, I'm safe, right?

Who else is a dud?

TCD

We went last night. I thought being a Monday it wouldn't be packed. HA!

We went to the 6:45 show and stood along the rope in the back of the theater, which was fine. There was already a huge standby line formed for the next showing as we walked by.

If I really wanted to sit, I would look into the dinner package, otherwise I would just walk up and stand in the back. I won't wait for hours for anything.

No matter where you are near the theater you can hear the narration and the music.

Thanks, Stef, that's the type of information I'm looking for.

I don't want to wait for hours, but I also don't want to pay $50 a head for the package.

As I understand it, there are three shows- 5:00, 6:45 and 8:15.

What time did you show up for the 6:45 show?

It looks like we will be trying for a Friday or Saturday night, so we are probably in for a mob scene.

TCD

We attempted the 6:45 show, but for reasons I will explain in my TR, we were about 10 minutes late. NBD, we still were able to stand along the back.

Last year we tried to see Neil Patrick Harris and it was chaos! (also a Saturday) I ended up sitting outside the America's restaurant while Donnie, Trevor and Lil Bee went inside to eat. I couldn't see anything, but I could hear it, and that's really all you need.

If you want to do a Fri or Sat performance, your remaining choices are:

12/7 - Blair Underwood - Hmmm, all I know about him is that he was on LA Law back in the day. Do you really want to hear the story of Christ's birth as told by a lawyer? ;)

12/8 - James Denton - I don't really know who he is, but I think he was on Desperate Housewives. If I remember correctly, that was a nice Christian show about neighbors loving on each other.

12/14 and 12/15 - Lea Salonga - Ok, I never heard this name before so I had to Google it. She was the singing voice of Jasmine and Mulan, in addition to lots of other roles. She is Filipino. Not sure how to direct you there.

12/21 and 12/22 - Trace Adkins - a Country music celebrity and contestant on The Apprentice. Well known for his hit song Honky Tonk Badonkadonk. Ok.....

12/28 - Amy Grant - Christian recording artist. That sounds promising.

12/29 - Marlee Matlin - I have heard decent things about her performances in the past. To be honest I'm not sure how her hearing impediment affects the performance, but she's a return artist so it must go well.

So....those are your options for Friday and Saturday performances. Choose wisely.

When we went to Magic & Merriment a few years ago, we had preferred seating just like the dinner packages do. Our seating was on the far right about midway down. Not great seats. It's my understanding that even if you do the dinner package you still need to arrive 45 minutes early just like we did in order to guarantee you have a seat.

The Candlelight Processional is phenomenal. I'd love to hear Marlee Maitlin do it because I've heard such great things about her performances. We had Whoopi, who would have been my last choice, but it was still very moving. Despite her constant wisecracks about her sins and shortcomings.

All good points and good call for Dave and family.

I agree no matter who does it, it's beautiful.

We had Andy Garcia this time so there was some spanish translation going on.

My spanish sucks, I had no clue what he was saying, but still awesome.

When we went to this last year, we bought the dinner package but I don't think it's necessary. They were able to seat everyone who was wanting to sit down. The people who didn't stand in line didn't get the best seats, but they were seated or stood at the back and still got to enjoy the whole show. It is definitely worth watching...what a wonderful way to start the holiday season!

Many years ago we saw Blair Underwood. He did a fine narration but I was captivated more by the sign language interpreter in front of where we were seated. I never realized that one could "sing" with ASL. We bought the CD which featured Phylicia Rashad who also did a good job of story telling. If I had my druthers I would have seen Roy Disney or Gary Sinise. So now I would be hoping for Lt. Dan like everyone else here :)

Do they still have a shopping discount if you do the dining package?

We have been the last 3 years to multiple shows each time, this is because my daughter sings in a couple different shows on a couple different days. The meal deal is Lways the way to go. We usually walk up right before it starts and sit in the amphitheater. If u have bought the package you r guaranteed a seat even if you show up after it starts. We do 1 show with. This meal deal every year And the rest we try and get lucky. The 50 dollars includes a very hearty meal. So lets say an average sit down meal is 40 bucks at Disney u are paying 10 dollars for the ticket. The way we usually get lucky on other nights is we walk up about 15 minutes early and sit at the rope in the middle of the stage. Usually we r right up front on the outside of the auditorium. I actually like this view better than the seats. Usually we get seats Bout midway on one side or the other and you can't see half the stage due to the orchestra. When u sit in the back u see the whole stage. And u can hear it just as good from out there. Lt Dan is awesome. We saw him past year. My goal is to see trace Adkins next year. I have heard a lot of comments about home being the best.

Good luck

Thanks for all the tips and suggestions.

We saw the 8:15 show this past Friday.

Blair Underwood was great! I didn't realize that he participated in a project with other African American actors to create an audio Bible a few years ago Blair played the role of Jesus in that project, and he has an amazing speaking voice.

In addition to the Christmas story from the Bible, Blair shared the poem One Solitary Life. I'm not sure if that is a part of every performance, but it was very moving to hear in that setting.

The choir and orchestra were amazing.

We got on line at about 7:15, and we got great seats. We were on the back row, but right in the center. The people behind us in line were seated in the section to the far right, which was closer to the stage, but probably didn't have as good a view. Waiting in line wasn't bad. It was a pleasant night, and you can sit down and people watch. The girls were able to leave the line to go to the restroom and come back. Folks around us would send a member of their party out for drinks or a snack. So, it's not like standing in a line for one of the the attractions. I would gladly wait more than an hour for this show again.

TCD