Carol is in a Two-Week Fort Fantasyland!

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Calories are non existant at the "World"!!!!!!! :rofl2:

Wednesday, December 5th OK, now it's time to show something nobody else on Fort Fiends has reported on. Today, I decided to go see Wreck It Ralph! I also decided to try the Dine In Theater I went to

Well, the pics are now uploaded to Photobucket, so let me get this trip report started!!! This was definitely a fantasyland trip for me, and a looooong awaited trip. I had been coming to the Fort sol

OK, after Little Mermaid, myself and my friends decided to break off and skip the Nosh around the World. We had reservations at Garden Grille over at Epcot. So we made our way out of the MK.

IMG_9524.jpg

IMG_9525.jpg

IMG_9526.jpg

IMG_9527.jpg

We had some time to kill, so we left property and went over to where my friends were staying, which was a rental house off 192 past the old Splendid China. (That was spooky driving by that place)

Here are a few pictures of their house.

IMG_9528.jpg

IMG_9529.jpg

IMG_9530.jpg

IMG_9531.jpg

IMG_9532.jpg

IMG_9533.jpg

Now we've made our way to Epcot and are waiting on our dinner table

IMG_9536.jpg

IMG_9537.jpg

IMG_9538.jpg

IMG_9539.jpg

We were seated at an upper level table which I don't really like, cause some of the time you get a lovely view of the kitchen door :(

IMG_9540.jpg

IMG_9541.jpg

IMG_9542.jpg

IMG_9544.jpg

There's my buddy :)

IMG_9545.jpg

IMG_9546.jpg

IMG_9547.jpg

Now that dinner is over (sorry, no food pictures, it was nearing the end of the trip, and the end of the day, and was running out of picture steam)

I stop at my favorite fountain

IMG_9548.jpg

IMG_9549.jpg

IMG_9571.jpg

IMG_9575.jpg

IMG_9588.jpg

working my way out of Epcot

IMG_9590.jpg

IMG_9592.jpg

IMG_9593.jpg

IMG_9595.jpg

OK, ladies and gentleman, this is the last day of the scheduled meets, and really the last big reporting day of this trip report.

MONDAY, DECEMBER 10th, 2012

RADP HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS DAY

Toy Story Mania Fastpass

ToyStoryFP.jpg9:00am @ Hollywood Studios

Heads up soldiers! If you plan on riding during our 2:00pm Toy Story Mania meet, make sure to head directly to Toy Story Mania and pick up a Fastpass before going to the Rock N Roller coaster and Tower of Terror meet!

NOTE: There is a chance that the time of this meet may be changed to an earlier time depending on what times most people got when they picked up their FastPass.

Rock n Roller Coaster / Tower of Terror Meet

rnrctot.jpg9:30am @ Hollywood Studios

Hosted by: Jan and Charlotte

Wake up to a thrill at our Rock 'N Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror meet! We'll first meet in the Rock 'N Roller Coaster courtyard, where we will all pick up Fastpasses for a rockin' good time. Then, if you dare, you can follow the crowd through the creepy depths of the Hollywood Tower Hotel for a terrifying plunge into the Twilight Zone! Finally, we'll end up back at Rock 'N Roller Coaster for a 0-60 thrill ride through the Hollywood hills! I bet we're gonna need a super stretch!

Great Movie Ride

11:00am @ Hollywood Studios

greatmovieride.jpg Meet behind the Hat, in front of the Great Movie Ride

Host: Carol

We're taking a ride into the movies! Our journey will take us through an alien invasion, and vehicle hijacking and through a room full of snakes...why did it have to be snakes?! At 11:00am, we'll meet behind the Hat, and after plenty of time to mix and mingle, we'll embark on our trip through cinematic history!

Toy Story Mania Meet

2:00pm @ Hollywood Studios

ToyStory.jpg Meet in front of fast pass machines

Hosts: Julie

Reach for the sky! And get your trigger arm ready to fire eggs, darts, pies, rings and baseballs at this fast paced, competitive meet! We'll be splitting into groups of two to determine who has the best aim in the toy box, and the winner gets bragging rights for an entire year! Arrive with your game face on, but please, no angry eyes! In order to ride during this meet, please ensure that you have a FastPass with a return time that includes 2:00pm.

NOTE: There is a chance that the time of this meet may be changed to an earlier time depending on what times most people got when they picked up their FastPass.

Cupcakes and Holiday Cheer Meet

3:15pm @ Hollywood Studios

holidaycheer.jpg Meet in The Writer's Stop

Host: Sean

Star Tours Meet

4:00pm @ Hollywood Studios

StarTours.jpg Meet near the entrance

Host: Catherine

Join us for an intergalactic voyage across the galaxy on the new and improved Star Tours - The Adventure Continues. We'll meet just to the left of the main Star Tours entrance, and once the troops are assembled, we'll head inside to take part in this battle of epic proportions! We may end up on Tatooine, Hoth, Naboo or another otherworldly location during our voyage...no one knows for sure! Light speed!

Mini Golf Meet

golf.jpg8:30pm @ Disney's WinterSummerland Mini Golf Course

Hosted by: Sean and Pamela

With the 17th annual RADP Holiday Meet coming to a close, our final hurrah will be a rousing round of mini golf at Winter Summerland! The fun begins at 8:30pm at the entrance of the Winter Summerland mini golf course, which is located adjacent to Disney's Blizzard Beach, on Buena Vista Drive. We'll chip, put and laugh our way through 18 holes of mini golf themed to either the winter or summer course. People of all ages and golfing abilities will have a great time during this mini golfing adventure meet!

Started the morning at the Outpost bus stop again, and it was another Froggy morning

IMG_9612.jpg

IMG_9622.jpg

Oh, and this was really weird, you know I was heading to Studios, but why were we heading past the MK parking lot? I'm not really sure, but we ended up stopping at Grand Floridian?? WTF!!!!!!!!!

IMG_9626.jpg

IMG_9629.jpg

I finally get to the Studios, and rush over to grab my TSM FP, then head towards RnRC

The Tower Hotel looks creepy in the mist

IMG_9638.jpg

Our daily group photo

IMG_9639.jpg

The gang on Tower

IMG_9641.jpg

IMG_9647.jpg

Love the Streetmosphere at Studios, especially former Adventurers!!!

IMG_9648.jpg

IMG_9649.jpg

IMG_9651.jpg

IMG_9653.jpg

IMG_9655.jpg

IMG_9657.jpg

Next up was the Great Movie Ride

IMG_9660.jpg

IMG_9661.jpg

IMG_9662.jpg

IMG_9663.jpg

IMG_9674.jpg

IMG_9686.jpg

that is getting close to my photo limit

Unfortunately, our times for TSM were so spread out that we were never able to ride as a group, and also our Press Event friends were not available on Monday :(

However, there were a few of us who had close enough times together that we got to ride.

IMG_9695.jpg

I had a terrible score this time

IMG_9697.jpg

IMG_9698.jpg

Hmmm, they were bringing Monsters back out in 3D

IMG_9703.jpg

Next, a few of us dropped into the new at the time Pirates thing

IMG_9704.jpg

IMG_9705.jpg

It is quite cool and a HUGE improvement over Narnia, although I wish you didn't have to stand still for so long. That kills me.

IMG_9713.jpg

IMG_9714.jpg

IMG_9715.jpg

IMG_9717.jpg

IMG_9718.jpg

IMG_9721.jpg

IMG_9722.jpg

More coming next!

After we left the backlot tour, we did some wandering.

IMG_9946.jpg

Oh, it also looks like we went to Muppetvision

IMG_9948.jpg

Then we all met up for Star Tours

IMG_9950.jpg

IMG_9951.jpg

Then I met with some folks over at the Writer's Stop for some socializing and drinks, and the bottom fell out rain wise. I got soaked running over to High Octane to grab a couple of drinks.

Then myself, and my two dining buddies had dinner over at Cape May

IMG_9953.jpg

IMG_9954.jpg

At that point, there was more rain in the forecast, we were chilly and wet, and the mini golf got cancelled. I went back to the camper to get warm and dry, and then on Tuesday, I spent the entire day breaking down. It took forever, cause there was rain on and off all day and I had to get things semi dry before packing them up.

I've got a few more posts of my final golf cart tour of the Fort on Tuesday night.

More coming soon!!

OK folks, it is time for the final night. I've gotten everything packed up, the truck loaded, and I'm off to make one final golf cart spin around the campground before heading to bed. The rain finally subsided, and turned into a pretty evening.

IMG_9955.jpg

IMG_9956.jpg

IMG_9958.jpg

IMG_9959.jpg

IMG_9960.jpg

IMG_9962.jpg

IMG_9965.jpg

IMG_9966.jpg

IMG_9967.jpg

IMG_9968.jpg

IMG_9969.jpg

IMG_9970.jpg

IMG_9971.jpg

IMG_9972.jpg

IMG_9973.jpg

IMG_9974.jpg

IMG_9975.jpg

IMG_9976.jpg

IMG_9977.jpg

IMG_9978.jpg

IMG_9980.jpg

IMG_9981.jpg

IMG_9982.jpg

IMG_9983.jpg

IMG_9985.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

These are some shots from over in the 2000 loop. The sky had a weird glow

IMG_0080.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0092.jpg

IMG_0093.jpg

IMG_0094.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

and finally, I've come full circle, the last few pics of my site before pulling out the next morning

IMG_0097.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

Thanks for reading!!!!! Alll

Whew, I made it, I finished with an hour and a half to spare!!!!!!

Oh, I have one more post script about my drive home. Normally, I drive home all the way up I-75 to Atlanta, then head East on I-20. Well this time I took, I-10 East, then up 231 to I-65 through dreaded Dothan, Troy, Montgomery, etc.

I HATE, HATE, HATE that route. (Did I say I HATE that route).

However, due to wondrous technology. I was able to see on a screen, IN MY TRUCK (almost) live weather radar that the entire state of Georgia was socked in with heavy rain, but the FL panhandle and Alabama were clear. Also was able to see that the closer you got to Atlanta, the traffic patterns were showing red, meaning gridlock.

Isn't technology wonderful!! Just a mere 4 years ago, that wasn't possible, and I would have possibly been sitting on I-75 behind an accident or some other backup.

So as much as I hate the South Alabama route, it made for a much easier drive home!!!!

And as such I'm about to check radar once again to determine which way I'm driving down in just an hour from now :)