Carol is in a Two-Week Fort Fantasyland!

Well, the pics are now uploaded to Photobucket, so let me get this trip report started!!!

This was definitely a fantasyland trip for me, and a looooong awaited trip. I had been coming to the Fort solo for my annual December RADP meets since 2001. Slowly, year after year, the trip expanded to where it was 2 weeks!!!

Well, for the last few years, the trip has gotten dinged in one way or another.

In 2007, the RADP community decided to do their big meet in October, and I had an awesome time then.

So December 2007, I only went for a few days staying at a resort.

I had my normal trip in December 2008.

In December 2009, I did go for two weeks, but Rick joined me for a few days. I love my Rick, but he was still new to this camper thing, and just wasn't "getting" it yet, and it kindof put a bit of a damper on the trip. He now has changed a couple of things that makes it easier for him to camp with me, and "gets" it now, but those first few camping trips with him were actually a LOT of work for me.

In December 2010, I had to cancel my December trip entirely.

In December 2011, I had to once again shorten my December trip to just a few days, staying in a resort.

So, FINALLY, I was going to the Fort solo for TWO WEEKS in my camper, spending time with Fiends, and with my RADP friends. However, this trip was changed a bit from my ideal. Normally, I like to go where my RADP meets is the middle weekend, and I have a week before to get settled in, see a few things solo, and just relax, then 4-5 days running crazy with my RADP friends, then a week after to rest up, catch stuff I missed, then get ready to come home.

Well, this year, a little event being my parents 50th wedding anniversary dictated that I needed to be home before December 15th, so I pushed the dates so that I arrived earlier, November 28th, staying through the 12th of December, which put the RADP meets on Dec 7-10 near the end of my trip, so no time to decompress afterwards before having to pack up on the 11th and head home the 12th.

Having said all that, the trip was AWESOME, and I have LOTS of pictures to share. I just uploaded almost 6,000 pictures to Photobucket, however, I will share only a fraction of those, cause I'm a big fan of rapid shutter shooting, just to make sure I have one good shot out of 50!!

So here we go!!!

November 27th, 2012

Not much to report here. As usual, I like to head out after work, to get some miles behind me and schedule Atlanta traffic at night.

A couple of phone pics on the drive.

The Georgia Welcome Center

IMG_20121127_205424.jpg

My hotel in Macon

IMG_20121128_053700.jpg

November 28th, 2012

I got up super early, as in 5am and continued South and arrived at the Fort about noon.

I don't have any pics of this day, as being solo, I'm doing all the driving and setting up by myself, and just don't think to take pictures.

I did get my first site choice, which was 1730!! It is a big, wide site and I can throw a rock at the comfort station!!!

November 29th, 2012

I slept in this morning, finished the last few details of setting up, and then it was time to meet up with Mo and Brian!!! This was their last full day, and we had made plans to tool around Epcot.

That will be coming up next!

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Calories are non existant at the "World"!!!!!!! :rofl2:

Wednesday, December 5th OK, now it's time to show something nobody else on Fort Fiends has reported on. Today, I decided to go see Wreck It Ralph! I also decided to try the Dine In Theater I went to

Well, the pics are now uploaded to Photobucket, so let me get this trip report started!!! This was definitely a fantasyland trip for me, and a looooong awaited trip. I had been coming to the Fort sol

Continuing on Thursday, I meet up with Brian and MO, and we head for Epcot!

IMG_4774.jpg

IMG_4775.jpg

IMG_4776.jpg

IMG_4777.jpg

IMG_4778.jpg

We are noticing that Epcot is really lacking on the Christmas Decorations

IMG_4779.jpg

It used be every available pole and awning was dripping with garlands and wreaths. Not so now!

IMG_4780.jpg

IMG_4781.jpg

IMG_4782.jpg

IMG_4783.jpg

IMG_4784.jpg

IMG_4785.jpg

Even the poinsetta bushes, were more ferns than poinsettias

IMG_4786.jpg

We arrived at our destination, Tutto Gusto, for some wine and appetizers!!

IMG_4787.jpg

IMG_4788.jpg

IMG_4789.jpg

IMG_4790.jpg

IMG_4791.jpg

IMG_4792.jpg

IMG_4793.jpg

My glass of sparkling Muscato!!!

IMG_4794.jpg

Mo's wine flight sampler

IMG_4795.jpg

Brian's choice

IMG_4796.jpg

An old fashioned manual slicing machine

IMG_4797.jpg

Our food selections

IMG_4798.jpg

IMG_4799.jpg

IMG_4800.jpg

Continuing on in WS

IMG_4801.jpg

IMG_4803.jpg

IMG_4804.jpg

Picture limit!

IMG_4805.jpg

IMG_4806.jpg

IMG_4807.jpg

IMG_4808.jpg

IMG_4809.jpg

IMG_4810.jpg

IMG_4811.jpg

IMG_4813.jpg

IMG_4814.jpg

IMG_4815.jpg

IMG_4816.jpg

I decided to head on back to the Fort. One of my RADP friends was arriving in town today and was staying off property. I offered her a resort ID and parking pass, and she was going to come by the Fort this evening to pick it up.

IMG_4817.jpg

I kindof chilled out the rest of the evening. I had been running crazy with the driving and setting up, and then the afternoon with Mo and Brian, and now it was time to just relax with a mudslide drink and enjoy the evening under the awning :)

Nighty Night!