Carol is in a Two-Week Fort Fantasyland!

It just the bear necesseties....

the bear necesseties of life!!

Hey I recognize that group!

Aren't they the ones who took over the Jungle Cruise and made them go around again? :rofl2:

I am looking forward to find out what sort of mischief you all created this year. :clint:

Yes it was!! However, not much mischief this year. We were a much smaller bunch. Several of the group couldn't make it due to job losses, sickness, etc. Also several of the group were tied up a lot of the weekend with the Press Events happening.

Boy those carts were really something. Wish I could have seen that parade. A lot fancier than the ones on the 24th we were in. Wonder if they will be back next year!!!!!

Those carts were cool!!

Carol

My dd and I saw you at AK the day you were there. Sorry we didn't stop and say Hi. Looked like you were having fun with your group. It was a foggy day, most of our pictures of Everest look like the real thing.

You should have and you should have joined us for a bit!! RADP is just as open as Fort Fiends is. We LOVE new victims members :)

All caught up again. There's so many great reports going on right now, I'm having a hard time keeping up.

I remember my parents dragging me to Cypress Gardens and, as a kid, thinking it was lame. I did like the ski show though!

Hope Dave can find his old pictures. I only have a couple from that time. :-

Cypressgardens1974003.jpg

Cypressgardens1974002.jpg

Cypressgardens1974001.jpg

I'm sure there were more, stuck forever in a film camera.

Thank heavens for the digital age!

Those are adorable picture!!!! I know what you mean about digital age!!! I HATED film cameras, and I have lots of undeveloped film.

The new system shortens the time it takes to secure ECV, ESV, & WC because the two rear straps tension themselves automatically and there is only one front strap. It's a nice improvement.

The bus in the photo is a Nova Bus. I'm sure that the words Nova Bus translates to Junk Bus in some language. Hard to believe that they're a Prevost bus. What I don't understand though is, when they started converting buses about a year ago, why they started with the Junk Bus and not the the other model, the Gillig bus.

The most recent purchases of the Gillig buses have the new system when they're put into service.

It is a nice system. Remember the Nova buses with the slide out ramp? Those NEVER seemed to work. Did they replace just the ramps or the entire buses? I like the flip out ramps because even if the electronics won't cooperate they can bring them in and out manually!

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Calories are non existant at the "World"!!!!!!! :rofl2:

Wednesday, December 5th OK, now it's time to show something nobody else on Fort Fiends has reported on. Today, I decided to go see Wreck It Ralph! I also decided to try the Dine In Theater I went to

Well, the pics are now uploaded to Photobucket, so let me get this trip report started!!! This was definitely a fantasyland trip for me, and a looooong awaited trip. I had been coming to the Fort sol

I really need to continue this report. I've still got 3 1/2 days of park going to go!

Our next item on the agenda was Festival of the Lion King

IMG_8500.jpg

and here we are waiting on everyone to arrive and the show to start

IMG_8501.jpg

IMG_8502.jpg

IMG_8503.jpg

IMG_8504.jpg

IMG_8505.jpg

IMG_8506.jpg

IMG_8507.jpg

A few show shots

IMG_8532.jpg

IMG_8549.jpg

IMG_8576.jpg

IMG_8613.jpg

IMG_8624.jpg

Now I could look at these Monkey Butts all day long :)

IMG_8635.jpg

IMG_8663.jpg

IMG_8666.jpg

IMG_8687.jpg

I can watch her "fly" all day long too!

IMG_8705.jpg

IMG_8707.jpg

IMG_8767.jpg

and the Grand Finale

IMG_8797.jpg

IMG_8802.jpg

Next up is Dinosaur!

and I'm gonna post this now cause I almost just lost it all

Remember the Nova buses with the slide out ramp? Those NEVER seemed to work. Did they replace just the ramps or the entire buses? I like the flip out ramps because even if the electronics won't cooperate they can bring them in and out manually!

I like the ramp system too.

I've heard that they sold those buses to the bus company that handles the SOG transportation.

Those buses do have the front slide out ramp. They must have worked out the problem because they seem to work now.

OK, now we're on to Dinosaur

IMG_8806.jpg

IMG_8807.jpg

After Dinosaur, I think a few of us made our way over to the DSA in DinoLand

IMG_8808.jpg

Picture of other peoples kids, Santa Goofy and Pluto are just incidental :)

IMG_8811.jpg

Christmas Decorations

IMG_8812.jpg

IMG_8815.jpg

IMG_8817.jpg

Now we're wandering back towards the front to ultimately end up in front of Dawa Bar. What's next? Alcohol and a Dirty Santa Swap, what could be more fun!!

IMG_8818.jpg

Everybody brought an inexpensive gift

IMG_8819.jpg

IMG_8822.jpg

IMG_8824.jpg

IMG_8825.jpg

IMG_8828.jpg

IMG_8830.jpg

IMG_8831.jpg

One of our folks MADE this, very creative!

IMG_8832.jpg

IMG_8834.jpg

The attempt at a group shot

IMG_8839.jpg

and now I'm wandering out of Animal Kingdom

IMG_8849.jpg

The date was December 7th

IMG_8853.jpg

I'm back at the Fort. I hooked up with some folks for dinner at Trails End and a walking tour of some of the decorations

IMG_8854.jpg

Darn!!

IMG_8856.jpg

More to come soon!

IMG_8900.jpg

After we visited the 1600 loop, the group took the bus back to the Settlement to get to transportation, and I retrieved my cart.

IMG_8901.jpg

A couple of the folks came back to my site with me for a few minutes, then I returned them to their cars.

Nighty Night!

Thanks for the photos of Legoland. I was going to say that we would definately put it on our list for the next time we're down, but at $64 a person, I don't know....

My DS got back into Legos this Christmas when he put up his Lego trainset this year, after not putting it up for a couple of years. He has the trains from the 1990's that use a transformer, a different system than the trains they sell today, and he's looking to buy another engine, if he can find one. This led him to what he calls "the greatest website ever". It's brickset.com. They have info on about 90% of all sets that Lego has sold since the 1980s. Including pdf files of the instruction sheets.

Anyway, doing a solo trip would be something I would LOVE to do! Especially if you can meet up with misc friends every once in a while for some fun! And I totally agree with the FoLK monkey butts and the "bird lady", they're my favorites, too.

I can never get enough of the looping and Christmas stuff.

Looking forward to December!

I love all the decorations too!!!

wow. suddenly you are trucking on this one. Love the decorations! And the Lion King Monkey Butts

Well, I was for a bit, but got sidetracked for a few days. However, update coming soon!

Oooh!! Please tell me "dirty Santa swap" is as sinful and fun as it sounds?!?! :jumpforjoy

It is fun!!! Everybody gets a number. Number 1 picks a gift, then number 2 can pick a different gift or steal the first one, so on, and so on. It's FUN to steal the gifs :)

What a great looking group of folks! You sure don't get lonely at the fort!

Not with Fiends around!

Thanks for the photos of Legoland. I was going to say that we would definately put it on our list for the next time we're down, but at $64 a person, I don't know....

My DS got back into Legos this Christmas when he put up his Lego trainset this year, after not putting it up for a couple of years. He has the trains from the 1990's that use a transformer, a different system than the trains they sell today, and he's looking to buy another engine, if he can find one. This led him to what he calls "the greatest website ever". It's brickset.com. They have info on about 90% of all sets that Lego has sold since the 1980s. Including pdf files of the instruction sheets.

Anyway, doing a solo trip would be something I would LOVE to do! Especially if you can meet up with misc friends every once in a while for some fun! And I totally agree with the FoLK monkey butts and the "bird lady", they're my favorites, too.

As I said, I got the ticket for FREE, and not sure I'd pay gate price, but maybe in the spring. But then I only have to worry about tickets for 1 or 2. When you have a family it adds up!

OK, time to continue on.....

Today was another full park day. EPCOT day.

Here is the schedule

SATURDAY, DECEMBER 8th, 2012

RADP EPCOT DAY

Get Test Track FastPass

9:00am @ Epcot

TestTrackFP.jpg Attention test dummies! If you plan on riding during our 10:30am Test Track meet, make sure to head directly to Test Track and pick up a Fastpass before going to the Soarin' meet!

Soarin' Meet

soarin.jpg9:15am @ Epcot

Hosted by: Laurie

Rise and shine! And get ready for an awe inspiring flight above the Golden State on Soarin' with the RADP crew! At 9:15am (or as soon as everyone can get to the Land after park opening), we will meet at the main entrance of the pavilion, and as soon as our flight crew is assembled, we'll take flight!

Test Track Meet

10:30am @ Epcot

TestTrack.jpg Meet just outside the queue

Host: Carol

We're having an extreme meet at Epcot's first extreme adventure ride! We're handing tight turns, rough road surfaces, corrosive conditions, and ending the meet with a 64.8 mile per hour trip around Future World! In order to ride during this meet, please ensure that you have a FastPass with a return time that includes 10:30am.

TuttoGusto.jpgThe "Tutto Gusto Adult Beverage Meet"

12:00pm @ Epcot

Meet at Tutto Gusto wine cellar in Italy

Hosted by: Catherine

Buongiorno! It's time for a tasty Italian treat at our first ever Tutto Gusto wine cellar meet. You can cozy up by the fireplace with a glass of your favorite wine, a refreshing beer or a savory snack, all while enjoying the company of your RADP friends! Seating is first come, first served, so please try to be prompt for this meet so everyone can sit together!

The 15th Annual RADP Big Meet and Greet

bigmeet.jpg1:30pm @ Epcot

Hosted by: RADP

We're celebrating seventeen fabulous years of good friends, good memories and good times at the 17th annual RADP Big Meet and Greet. This is the one time of the year where you can see all your RADP friends all together in one place, at one time! If you're new to RADP, this is an excellent chance for you to meet the family, and if you're a long time member, you'll have a great time catching up with all your friends. The meet lasts until everyone decides to leave, which is usually at least an hour! Park admission is NOT required for this meet.

Innoventions Meet

5:00pm @ Epcot

innoventions.jpg Meet inside Club Cool

Host: John

The future is here, and we're going to take a moment to play with the future of technology in Innoventions! We'll meet at 5:00pm in Club Cool for a tasty drink, then follow the leader (John) around Innoventions, taking in the sights and experiences of the area!

I started off once again early out at the bus stop. Another foggy morning!!

IMG_8906.jpg

IMG_8907.jpg

IMG_8911.jpg

IMG_8912.jpg

IMG_8913.jpg

IMG_8914.jpg

Arriving at Epcot

IMG_8917.jpg

Grabbing my Test Track Fast Pass

IMG_8918.jpg

I was running behind, so didn't get there in time to get my camera used in the group shot in front of Soarin :(

But here we are in line for Soarin :)

IMG_8919.jpg

IMG_8920.jpg

IMG_8921.jpg

Some random shots around Epcot

IMG_8923.jpg

IMG_8924.jpg

Now we are clustering together organizing for Test Track.

I may have mentioned that we have some webmasters in our RADP group that actually were invited guests for the Press Events that were occurring that weekend.

Well since all of the events were over, some more of them were able to join us.

One of the perks for these press folks, is they got a card that allowed them to receive unlimited Fast Passes for "Right Then"

So that was really fortunate because with a group this size and the new time enforcement on FP it was going to be impossible for us all to get within a certain time window.

So after the press Fast Passes were handed out to everyone, we got in line!!

IMG_8926.jpg

IMG_8927.jpg

IMG_8929.jpg

IMG_8930.jpg

IMG_8931.jpg

Some of the post show

IMG_8932.jpg

IMG_8933.jpg

My opinion of Test Track. I don't like it any more or less. It's just Different. A nice change I guess :)

More to come soon.

Cool! I thought you'd abandoned us.

Perfect description of TT. I didn't love the old one, nor do I hate the new one. To me, it's all about the ending, which was and still is awesome.

You may have mentioned this before but how many were there of your RAPD group?

Cool! I thought you'd abandoned us.

Perfect description of TT. I didn't love the old one, nor do I hate the new one. To me, it's all about the ending, which was and still is awesome.

You may have mentioned this before but how many were there of your RAPD group?

It ebbed and flowed, anywhere from 15 - 50

I may have mentioned that we have some webmasters in our RADP group that actually were invited guests for the Press Events that were occurring that weekend.

Well since all of the events were over, some more of them were able to join us.

One of the perks for these press folks, is they got a card that allowed them to receive unlimited Fast Passes for "Right Then"

What?

A webmaster can get press credentials?

And unlimited "right now" Fastpasses?

Do Jen or Chris know that?

TCD

What?

A webmaster can get press credentials?

And unlimited "right now" Fastpasses?

Do Jen or Chris know that?

TCD

Most of these are folks from like AllEars, Disney Everyday, wdwmagic, etc. If Fort Fiends wants to get more into "news" reporting around WDW, then yes they probably could get press passes, and get invites for the press events. The "right now" Fastpasses were only good for a limited time right around the press events.

Now we're continuing on in Epcot. Our next destination is Tutto Gusto!! We always have a lunchtime alcohol event on Saturday, but in the past it's been at Mexico. We decided to try the new place this year as it has more room and a more selections that just tequila.

Wandering that direction.

IMG_8935.jpg

IMG_8936.jpg

IMG_8937.jpg

IMG_8938.jpg

IMG_8939.jpg

IMG_8940.jpg

IMG_8942.jpg

IMG_8944.jpg

IMG_8945.jpg

IMG_8946.jpg

IMG_8947.jpg

IMG_8948.jpg

IMG_8949.jpg

IMG_8950.jpg

IMG_8951.jpg

Disney sure has capitalized on those F&W booths. You are seeing them all over the property more and more year round. They sure know a good thing!!

IMG_8952.jpg

IMG_8953.jpg

IMG_8954.jpg

IMG_8955.jpg

IMG_8956.jpg

IMG_8957.jpg

IMG_8958.jpg

IMG_8959.jpg

IMG_8960.jpg

IMG_8961.jpg

IMG_8962.jpg

IMG_8963.jpg

IMG_8964.jpg

Here is our group shot at the bar!!

IMG_8968.jpg

More coming soon!

Time to carry on.

After leaving Tutto, we are wandering toward the International Gateway for the big event. The annual meet and greet. This even is the most attended as there are actually a lot of locals and CMs that can't join us for the daily events, but do drop in for this event.

IMG_8969.jpg

IMG_8970.jpg

IMG_8971.jpg

I tried to get a Marnier Slushie to take out with me to the event, but was told I couldn't carry it out the park gates :(

And here we are!

IMG_8972.jpg

There are lots of candid shots of all of us just standing around gabbing, but I won't bore ya'll with those.

After leaving the big meet, myself and 3 of my friends had dinner reservations at Be Our Guest, so we departed the group and made our way to Magic Kingdom, by way of Epcot Resorts

IMG_8980.jpg

IMG_8982.jpg

IMG_8983.jpg

IMG_8984.jpg

This is either the Dream or the Fantasy

IMG_8985.jpg

And there is where my cabin was, just to the right of that lifeboat.

IMG_8986.jpg

While the railings are not there, our cabin covered those first two sets of doors AND our balcony railing came all the way out to the edge. AWESOME balcony :)

Here are some of the decorations in the Boardwalk

IMG_8987.jpg

IMG_8988.jpg

IMG_8989.jpg

IMG_8990.jpg

IMG_8991.jpg

IMG_8992.jpg

IMG_8993.jpg

IMG_8994.jpg

IMG_8995.jpg

IMG_8996.jpg

IMG_8997.jpg

IMG_8998.jpg

Coming next, Be Our Guest, and more Magic Kingdom :)

Very clever heading to MK via the Boardwalk. Why the Boardwalk, though? Wouldn't Beach Club have been a shorter walk? Maybe you took the boat?

I think that ship model is the Dream. The Fantasy has a water feature built on the front of the top deck called Satellite Falls. The Dream doesn't. This model doesn't show Satellite Falls.

The Boardwalk decorations look beautiful. I'm not sure I have ever seen the Christmas decorations there.

TCD