Carol is in a Two-Week Fort Fantasyland!

IMG_8051.jpg

This was a nifty little coaster, and I wish I could have taken my camera on the ride. Some neat scenery inside.

IMG_8053.jpg

IMG_8054.jpg

IMG_8055.jpg

IMG_8056.jpg

Now I'm entering Duplo Village

IMG_8057.jpg

IMG_8059.jpg

IMG_8060.jpg

Now just aimlessly wandering

IMG_8062.jpg

IMG_8063.jpg

IMG_8064.jpg

IMG_8066.jpg

IMG_8067.jpg

IMG_8068.jpg

IMG_8070.jpg

IMG_8071.jpg

IMG_8072.jpg

The next delightful surprise of the day was the Greenhouse and that is coming up next.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Calories are non existant at the "World"!!!!!!! :rofl2:

Wednesday, December 5th OK, now it's time to show something nobody else on Fort Fiends has reported on. Today, I decided to go see Wreck It Ralph! I also decided to try the Dine In Theater I went to

Well, the pics are now uploaded to Photobucket, so let me get this trip report started!!! This was definitely a fantasyland trip for me, and a looooong awaited trip. I had been coming to the Fort sol

IMG_8104.jpg

IMG_8105.jpg

IMG_8106.jpg

IMG_8107.jpg

IMG_8108.jpg

IMG_8109.jpg

Legoland knows it's stuff, this dumped into a store :)

IMG_8110.jpg

Lego Character

IMG_8111.jpg

This area looks like it was more gardens, but a bit more formal.

IMG_8112.jpg

Unfortunately, the area is reserved for school groups

IMG_8113.jpg

I did point the camera past the fence though

IMG_8114.jpg

IMG_8115.jpg

IMG_8116.jpg

IMG_8117.jpg

IMG_8118.jpg

I'm guessing this house was a part of the original Cypress Gardens, but don't really know the story

IMG_8119.jpg

This was in a store

IMG_8121.jpg

some wandering shots

IMG_8122.jpg

IMG_8123.jpg

IMG_8124.jpg

IMG_8125.jpg

and now I'm wandering out

IMG_8126.jpg

IMG_8127.jpg

IMG_8128.jpg

IMG_8129.jpg

IMG_8130.jpg

IMG_8131.jpg

IMG_8132.jpg

IMG_8133.jpg

I tried to check out the Pet Kennel, but the door was locked

IMG_8134.jpg

IMG_8135.jpg

IMG_8136.jpg

IMG_8137.jpg

and that is my day at Legoland Florida!

There was one more attraction I rode, but I guess I didn't even get any pictures of the sign, It was in Land of Adventure called Lost Kingdom Adventure. It was a Buzz Lightyear type attraction where you shot at stuff. Kinda fun!!

A comment on food. Some of the choices looked pretty good, but because of not wanting to search all over the park, I ended up with a chicken sandwich and fries at Cap'n Brickbeard's Burgers and ate while I was watching the Pirate Water Ski Show.

Another comment on sodas. Legoland serves PEPSI products. WooHoo!!!!!! Everybody knows I love Mountain Dew!!!

During the slow season and it was this December, Legoland is closed on Tuesday and Wednesday, and looking at the January calendar, it looks the same, although it was open on the 1st and 2nd of January.

On the way back from Legoland, I stopped in a Walgreens and FINALLY scored those Mickey shaped lights that lots of folks have displayed at the Fort. I had been to FIVE different Walgreens in the Disney area hunting for those durn things.

Coming soon, night time pics of my site decorations, then 4 days of hardcore park going with my RADP friends!!!!!

The Banyan tree is awesome.

Cool gator pic!

I remember the Gardens from when I was a kid. I vividly remembered the white concrete pillared gazebo thingy. It was cool to see it again.

It is very cool that they are bringing the gardens back to their original beauty.

I need to take DW there sometime. She would love it. I dont think I knew before now that legoland was at that site. I may have justforgotten that. Anyway....very cool. Thanks for sharing!

The Banyan tree is awesome.

Cool gator pic!

I remember the Gardens from when I was a kid. I vividly remembered the white concrete pillared gazebo thingy. It was cool to see it again.

It is very cool that they are bringing the gardens back to their original beauty.

I need to take DW there sometime. She would love it. I dont think I knew before now that legoland was at that site. I may have justforgotten that. Anyway....very cool. Thanks for sharing!

It only opened as Legoland just over a year ago.

Legoland is super cool!! I think I just changed my retirement wish list job. I would L-O-V-E to put displays together there!

I love that they're preserving the gardens, they're beautiful and your photos were awesome.

I'm going to have to put a Legoland trip on the list one of these years. I may have to borrow a nephew as my excuse. Although really, they'll be dragging ME out of those "play with Legos while your parents wait in line" spots. 8)

Legoland is super cool!! I think I just changed my retirement wish list job. I would L-O-V-E to put displays together there!

I love that they're preserving the gardens, they're beautiful and your photos were awesome.

I'm going to have to put a Legoland trip on the list one of these years. I may have to borrow a nephew as my excuse. Although really, they'll be dragging ME out of those "play with Legos while your parents wait in line" spots. 8)

You don't need a nephew excuse. I didn't bring kids. Plus the folks that gave me the free ticket bought lifetime passes and they don't have kids and don't intend on it!

Legoland looks great! I wanted to take my son but I heard they aren't good with food allergies so we haven't made a trip there yet.

The one good thing about Legoland is there is plenty of offsite stuff nearby, and it's not so big that you couldn't pack a picnic out in the car.

I'm days behind here but enjoying it! Looks like you had an awesome time.

See the sweet 'tater fries makes me hungry! Yum!

The golf cart parade was awesome! Would have loved to seen that !

Thanks for reading! That first weekend was awesome! Good Fiends, Good Food, and the Fort!

I was going to make the exact same comment regarding the gazebo...I vividly remember it from a visit in the late 70's. In fact, I have somewhere a picture of my sister and one of those Southern Belles in a big yellow dress, sitting on a bench with the gazebo in the background. It was on Webshots, where I used to store photos until several years ago. I wanted to post it, and didn't realize that Webshots shut down on 12/1/12...so those photos are gone. I have them somewhere else I think, so if I find it I'll post it.

I was going to make the exact same comment regarding the gazebo...I vividly remember it from a visit in the late 70's. In fact, I have somewhere a picture of my sister and one of those Southern Belles in a big yellow dress, sitting on a bench with the gazebo in the background. It was on Webshots, where I used to store photos until several years ago. I wanted to post it, and didn't realize that Webshots shut down on 12/1/12...so those photos are gone. I have them somewhere else I think, so if I find it I'll post it.

Sounds good. I am pretty sure my dad has "slides" from Cypress Gardens with the gazebo, etc. i may need to see of we can dig those out!

Sounds good. I am pretty sure my dad has "slides" from Cypress Gardens with the gazebo, etc. i may need to see of we can dig those out!

I have prints from an old 110 film camera that I scanned several years ago and put on Webshots. I'm sure I have the scans somewhere on our old desktop computer, and I still have the prints too. Just not as easy to dig out!