Carol is in a Two-Week Fort Fantasyland!

It's not like DTD is on the ropes. Lots of people go there even though development of PI is being delayed.

Yes, if you're at the MP, you may or may not wonder over to the West Side, but lots of people go directly to the West Side.

As for PI, it's the smallest area of the three and it's not a complete ghost town. There are three table service restaurants, one quick service, and four shops there. They'll figure out what to do.

Also don't judge how well it's doing based on what you see during the daytime, it's much busier at night and weekends.

Bus activity at DTD during closing rivals that of the parks, and have you tried to find a parking spot during the busy times of the year?

It's also where locals that live in the DTD vicinity go. That's where we go for movies and shopping for Disney crap.

That is true, BUT I do know, that myself, and few other of my friends used to close down Adventurer's Club and Comedy Warehouse EVERY night we were there. Not just occasionally, but EVERY night. Don't do that anymore. Also rarely go to World of Disney anymore, cause they've extended the AP discount to all other stores. I will wander that direction maybe once or twice each trip, but NOTHING like I used to.

Haven't even worried about parking over there, cause I use the buses, but I know it's terrible to park there.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Calories are non existant at the "World"!!!!!!! :rofl2:

Wednesday, December 5th OK, now it's time to show something nobody else on Fort Fiends has reported on. Today, I decided to go see Wreck It Ralph! I also decided to try the Dine In Theater I went to

Well, the pics are now uploaded to Photobucket, so let me get this trip report started!!! This was definitely a fantasyland trip for me, and a looooong awaited trip. I had been coming to the Fort sol

Noting that the guy in charge of DTD is coming over from DCL is exciting. DCL can do no wrong. Well, short of the hurricane fiasco. But their operations are extremely well run IMO. Will be interesting to see what changes come of this.

Yep, that's what folks say. I hope it turns into something :)

Well of course you don't close them down anymore, they're gone.

Thats true, I guess what I'm trying to say is there were lots of folks that were at DTD EVERY Night of their vacation. They visited the shops and restaurants a lot more often than now. For many the shops and restaurants were convenient because it was on the way to PI. That is no longer the case, so those folks don't visit those shops and restaurants like they used to.

For the first time ever, we did not get to DTD even once on this last trip. The only reason I wanted to go was Earl of Sandwich. As far as the shops...I can see most of that stuff at any gift shop in WDW. And I wasn't in the mood to spend money on stuff anyways. So, I guess what I'm trying to say is, there was no compelling reason for me to go there. And I can't be alone in that assessment.

For the first time ever, we did not get to DTD even once on this last trip. The only reason I wanted to go was Earl of Sandwich. As far as the shops...I can see most of that stuff at any gift shop in WDW. And I wasn't in the mood to spend money on stuff anyways. So, I guess what I'm trying to say is, there was no compelling reason for me to go there. And I can't be alone in that assessment.

I missed Earl of Sandwich this trip also. I sometimes try to get over there and get a couple of sandwiches for the road home, but with trailer in tow, no way I'm gonna try and park there.

Time to continue my evening. I made my way over to the bus stops to head to AoA. The AoA bus stop line was really long, but the Pop bus line was almost empty, and a Pop bus was there!! So I hopped on an headed that way.

A few POP pictures as I stroll toward AoA.

IMG_6742.jpg

IMG_6743.jpg

IMG_6744.jpg

IMG_6745.jpg

IMG_6746.jpg

IMG_6748.jpg

IMG_6749.jpg

IMG_6750.jpg

IMG_6751.jpg

Now I'm on Generation Gap Bridge, as I head towards AoA

IMG_6752.jpg

IMG_6753.jpg

IMG_6754.jpg

Entering AoA itself. The lighting is pretty cool

IMG_6755.jpg

Just a note, on this trip, the gates to the main Nemo pool were locked, but the gates to the "quiet" pools at Cars and Mermaid were not locked.

IMG_6756.jpg

IMG_6757.jpg

IMG_6758.jpg

IMG_6759.jpg

IMG_6760.jpg

IMG_6761.jpg

IMG_6762.jpg

Now I'm entering where I really wanted to see, Radiator Springs

IMG_6763.jpg

IMG_6764.jpg

IMG_6765.jpg

IMG_6766.jpg

IMG_6767.jpg

IMG_6768.jpg

NEON!!

IMG_6769.jpg

IMG_6775.jpg

IMG_6777.jpg

IMG_6780.jpg

more in next post

Like so many other things around here, somehow I "misplaced" this TR for a while (DOH!)

Glad to find it again - so many awesome pics!!

You have to be there to realized how massive this is. The background music for this is "Let There Be Peace On Earth" One of my friends is often quoted as saying "nothing says Peace on Earth like massive amounts of pyrotechnics"

Love that!! And it really is something you have to see to believe.

...The thought of going alone never crossed my mind. Reading through this and realizing the freedom you have to go and do what you want and when has me dreaming of a solo trip.

I kind of do a solo trip. DH is pretty much just along for the ride and will let me make just about all the decisions about where we go and what we do.

And for some reason he has this annoying habit of walking 5 feet behind me, so it's kind of like being there by myself! :rofl2:

It looks like they have found a place to put some of the F&W booths when not in use at Epcot

IMG_6683.jpg

Nice! Those are 3 of my favorite F&W dishes. If you haven't tried the beef skewer with chimichurri, you're missing out. The beef is good, but I could eat a bucket of the sauce with a spoon. Pretty sure you could pour it over rocks and they'd be delicious.

I decided to take a table outside. It was a beautiful day!

One of the big reasons we like Paradiso37. The food is good and interesting, lots of delicious drinks, but the outside seating along the water is dynamite on a nice day.

It's not like DTD is on the ropes. Lots of people go there even though development of PI is being delayed.

Yes, if you're at the MP, you may or may not wonder over to the West Side, but lots of people go directly to the West Side.

As for PI, it's the smallest area of the three and it's not a complete ghost town. There are three table service restaurants, one quick service, and four shops there.

Gotta say we go to DTD less and less each year. This year we only went once in 3 weeks, and mostly because SIL/BIL had never been... and we met up with friends at the margarita bar!

I definitely agree that PI has some good restaurants, with the bonus that a lot of the time, they're nowhere near as busy as other restaurants on property and walking in without an ADR doesn't tend to be hard.

...As far as the shops...I can see most of that stuff at any gift shop in WDW. And I wasn't in the mood to spend money on stuff anyways.

Mostly true. I do like the Basin store at the Marketplace, but not a lot else there that I feel the need to go check out. Then again we do less and less shopping each trip and usually don't buy anything until we check out the Character Premier Outlets first. :)

Cool shots of Radiator Springs at night.

Cool night shots!

Awesome night shots of AoA. You are covering some impressive ground.

Love the neon signs

Thanks ya'll!

Like so many other things around here, somehow I "misplaced" this TR for a while (DOH!)

Glad to find it again - so many awesome pics!!

Love that!! And it really is something you have to see to believe.

I kind of do a solo trip. DH is pretty much just along for the ride and will let me make just about all the decisions about where we go and what we do.

And for some reason he has this annoying habit of walking 5 feet behind me, so it's kind of like being there by myself! :rofl2:

Nice! Those are 3 of my favorite F&W dishes. If you haven't tried the beef skewer with chimichurri, you're missing out. The beef is good, but I could eat a bucket of the sauce with a spoon. Pretty sure you could pour it over rocks and they'd be delicious.

One of the big reasons we like Paradiso37. The food is good and interesting, lots of delicious drinks, but the outside seating along the water is dynamite on a nice day.

Gotta say we go to DTD less and less each year. This year we only went once in 3 weeks, and mostly because SIL/BIL had never been... and we met up with friends at the margarita bar!

I definitely agree that PI has some good restaurants, with the bonus that a lot of the time, they're nowhere near as busy as other restaurants on property and walking in without an ADR doesn't tend to be hard.

Mostly true. I do like the Basin store at the Marketplace, but not a lot else there that I feel the need to go check out. Then again we do less and less shopping each trip and usually don't buy anything until we check out the Character Premier Outlets first. :)

Thanks for reading Mo!!! I went to Premier Outlets one year, and did find some cool stuff, but shopping is so far down on my radar, that I don't even feel the need to go there.

Catching up on your last few days of posts. Love all the photos, especially the Osborne Lights!

I'm always amazed at how much you can cover in one day.

Thanks for reading Gwen!! I'm still thinking I didn't do much. An hour here, and hour there, now wait till the coming up weekend. I really start moving along!!!

When we last left off, I was wandering Art of Animation. When I visited in July, Lion King and Little Mermaid were not yet open, but now it's all open, so now I'm wandering Lion King

IMG_6841.jpg

IMG_6843.jpg

IMG_6844.jpg

They were showing a movie "The Santa Clause", I believe

IMG_6846.jpg

IMG_6848.jpg

IMG_6849.jpg

IMG_6850.jpg

IMG_6852.jpg

IMG_6853.jpg

IMG_6854.jpg

IMG_6857.jpg

IMG_6858.jpg

IMG_6859.jpg

IMG_6860.jpg

Next post is Little Mermaid

Still in the lobby

IMG_6915.jpg

IMG_6916.jpg

IMG_6917.jpg

IMG_6918.jpg

IMG_6919.jpg

IMG_6920.jpg

IMG_6921.jpg

IMG_6922.jpg

IMG_6923.jpg

IMG_6924.jpg

IMG_6925.jpg

IMG_6927.jpg

IMG_6928.jpg

IMG_6929.jpg

For some reason, I found this fascinating. They were using solid rails instead of web strapping

IMG_6930.jpg

IMG_6931.jpg

There was no live animator this time, just the cartoon reel

IMG_6932.jpg

IMG_6933.jpg

IMG_6934.jpg

IMG_6935.jpg

IMG_6936.jpg

This time I tromped out into the grass to get a good pic of the sign

IMG_6938.jpg

IMG_6939.jpg

IMG_6940.jpg

IMG_6941.jpg

IMG_6942.jpg

IMG_6943.jpg

IMG_6944.jpg

IMG_6946.jpg

I went to Premier Outlets one year, and did find some cool stuff, but shopping is so far down on my radar, that I don't even feel the need to go there.

It drops off our radar more and more each visit. This year we hit both outlets one day (usually we go if it rains) and did hardly any other shopping anywhere else.

Love the AoA photos! It really looks very cool. We'll have to put this on our list of resorts to tour next time around.

It drops off our radar more and more each visit. This year we hit both outlets one day (usually we go if it rains) and did hardly any other shopping anywhere else.

Love the AoA photos! It really looks very cool. We'll have to put this on our list of resorts to tour next time around.

Love the AoA night pics Carol!

:suspense: :suspense:

Thanks for readin ya'll!!!