On the way out the door this morning, Gracie nabbed my phone to check the trip countdown. We are 36 days until our camping trip at the fort. Since I like to be prepared for ANYTHING, lists are my "thing". (I tend to forget stuff if not on a list.)

So All-knowing Fort Fiends...hit me with your bestest, funnest, non-park "stuff" to do while at the Fort. Keep in mind it will be 4 adults, Gracie (7) and Zach (5). We will be taking our bicycles and the kids got gift cards for christmas that are burning holes in their pockets so a trip to DTD is in order. Anything we definitely don't want to miss out on there?

Thank you!! :purpleflam:

Take a ride on the monorail and visit those resorts

Let the kids play with the Legos at DTD

Campfire Movie and Singalong with Chip and Dale

Fireworks and EWP from the Beach

You can see some of the Epcot Fireworks from the Epcot Resorts

Fishing

Bike Riding

Don't forget the playgrounds at the Fort. My kids enjoyed playing on those. There is also the splash play area at the FW pool - we didn't get to use it as it was closed when we went.

Oh, and don't forget to bring your own s'more makings, if you want to save some money. They sell kits at the campfire and sing along, but they can get pricey.

One thing I don't like to do on vacay is spend much time cooking, so i prepped as much of our meals as possible before we left. That worked really great.

Hope you have a great time!

I've been told the miniature golf places at WDW are pretty awesome.

Splitsville is now open at DTD - bowling, food and fun!

There's also the balloon ride at DTD - be sure to pick a calm day. It won't go as high if it's breezy and won't go up at all if it's really windy. We've been on a clear day and the view is awesome. Would love to go back and try and time it around fireworks.

Take it all in from a rocking chair at Crockets and the porch at the meadows trading post.

Or grab a fruity drink and pull up a lounge chair on the beach around sunset. The kids can play on the beach where it's wide open and you can keep an eye on them.

This is my list for next week:

Cigar at Fuego

Guiness at Ragland Road

Margarita with salt either DTD or crockets

Beer at crockets, on porch and on Beach for EWP

Beer at Poly with Fireworks

Drinks around 7 seas lagoon

Looping (noitce no drinks)

Socializing

Day trip to check out Corana Cigars in Orlando

NAPS

This is my list for next week:

Cigar at Fuego

Guiness at Ragland Road

Margarita with salt either DTD or crockets

Beer at crockets, on porch and on Beach for EWP

Beer at Poly with Fireworks

Drinks around 7 seas lagoon

Looping (noitce no drinks)

Socializing

Day trip to check out Corana Cigars in Orlando

NAPS

I think I am hanging with Genia...

Hey Genia -

If you feel like riding a boat and the monorail (i.e., no driving!)...

Territory Lounge at Wilderness Lodge has comfy seating and a decent apps menu (fyi - the "chicken lollipops" are actually wings/drumsticks.. and a pretty good portion)

The Wave at Contemporary has a HUGE bar area and you can order off the dinner menu

Tamu Tamu lounge at Poly has drinks in pineapples and Pipeline Porter (and some good apps, including sticky wings)

Citricos at GF has a great bar area and interesting tapas menu. When it's not busy they sometimes let you order off the full Citricos menu also.

Oh and if it's not busy (shouldn't be next week) you can usually go up to the California Grill and sit in their comfy chairs in the lounge. Plan around MK fireworks time and you'll have an awesome view from the observation deck. You can also order off the full CG menu.

ENJOY!

Oh and if it's not busy (shouldn't be next week) you can usually go up to the California Grill and sit in their comfy chairs in the lounge. Plan around MK fireworks time and you'll have an awesome view from the observation deck. You can also order off the full CG menu.

Mo, Isn't California Grill closed for refurb? Or did I make that up in my own mind?

But I agree, the fireworks up there are awesome! We've done a couple of times while enjoying sushi.

Yep - what Jason said.

We did drinks and sushi up there in November. Sushi was AMAZING as always. Probably the best we've ever had anywhere.

We also got lucky and got comfy seats right next to the window in the lounge. Our waitress was fantastic. We weren't sure if they'd be too excited about serving people in the lounge area but she was really amazing and attentive - even dragged an extra table over for us when it became apparent our "platter o' sushi" wasn't going to fit on one. 8)

Oh hey, and speaking of sushi... Kona sushi bar had a couple of new things on the menu since we were there last year that were quite good.

I was glad to see them adding to the menu. I guess they finally decided the "experiment" was a success!

Our boys (11 and 13) love biking around the fort the best! Fireworks on the beach, campfire w/smores a must...the $10 kit goes pretty far but you may want to bring your own. GC cruizing around is fun! The pool for sure if the weather is warm, fishing. We like to take the bus over to WL for extra fun! And if you are heading to DTD, our favorite kid friendly restaurants are Rainforest Cafe and T-Rex/Dinosaur Cafe. Definitely a must see if you haven't been before!! We also like Planet Hollywood. Walking around down there can get tiresome, but the Mrs. loves the stores!

If the adults need a break at DTD, there's a good margarita bar in the Marketplace area over near Captain Jack's. It's down a few steps on the dock area near the boats. The drinks aren't cheap, but they also don't skimp and there are tables/chairs down there to relax for a bit.