BEL13VE in Magic: The TCD Gang Rings in 2013 at The Fort

Thanks for the head's up. There are a lot of great cruise deals now.

The girls are past the FCAT's, but they have a bunch of days they are going to be out for college stuff, and they can't miss that many days for a cruise.

We will have to go in the summer, if we go at all. I am not booking anything yet. I did that last year, and we got locked out of some better deals that came along after we had paid in full and couldn't cancel. DCL isn't going to do that to me again. If we can't get a good deal, we will do something else.

TCD

Is it awfully hot to go during the summer? I mean I live in FL and am used to the heat but honestly wouldn't want to pay that much to go on vacation in it, know what I mean? That's why I don't go to the parks during the summer months. I'd rather go and be free to enjoy everything without melting. I would also prefer for my kids not to miss any school, and my husband has limited time off as well, so it would be better. But if we're going to make that big of an investment, I also want to enjoy it to the fullest.

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think you gotta look under their Dee Dums………. bahahaha Sorry TCD I seem to cause your TR's to go south a little too often! That wee little Jimmy Johnson fan is rubbing off on me!

Just got on the magic express to the Fort. It seems more exciting to be on the way to the Fort while reading.

Are they really building a bouncy house castle over there?

Thanks for the head's up. There are a lot of great cruise deals now.

The girls are past the FCAT's, but they have a bunch of days they are going to be out for college stuff, and they can't miss that many days for a cruise.

We will have to go in the summer, if we go at all. I am not booking anything yet. I did that last year, and we got locked out of some better deals that came along after we had paid in full and couldn't cancel. DCL isn't going to do that to me again. If we can't get a good deal, we will do something else.

TCD

You should go on the Fantasy from July 13 to 20. We'll be there.

I have always wanted to eat at 'Ohana but I have read they serve a peanut sauce there, not ideal for us since Adam is super allergic to peanuts.

Love that you both take pics of the tool in Ed hardy stuff. Unless your a well build, hot young guy you shouldn't be drawling attention to your butt!

With all of that talk about whether 'Ohana is spelled O'hana, 'Ohana, 'Ohanas, or 'Ohanaz, you neglected to tell us ANYTHING about the light fixtures in the place.....

You're right!

I am really slipping.

I have got to get it together!

Is it awfully hot to go during the summer? I mean I live in FL and am used to the heat but honestly wouldn't want to pay that much to go on vacation in it, know what I mean? That's why I don't go to the parks during the summer months. I'd rather go and be free to enjoy everything without melting. I would also prefer for my kids not to miss any school, and my husband has limited time off as well, so it would be better. But if we're going to make that big of an investment, I also want to enjoy it to the fullest.

We've cruised DCL in June a couple of times. Yes, it's hot, but not hotter than Florida in June. There are always nice breezes when the ship is moving, and at Castaway Cay.

But, your boys are young enough that they could miss a little school. I've noticed that they don't release the Florida Resident deals until about a month before the sailings. Keep an eye on those. I'll bet there will be some good ones in mid to late April and early May.

Last year, there were Florida Resident rates in June and July too. I would expect the same this year, but you never know.

Whatever you do, don't pay full price- I am sure there will be a deal that will work for you.

We sailed the Dream on 7/13 last year. That's Mrs. TCD's birthday, you know.

This year, it is likely that some or all of our girls will be in their college classes then. So, it's not likely we can join you. Too bad, I want the Fantasy to be our next cruise.

I have always wanted to eat at 'Ohana but I have read they serve a peanut sauce there, not ideal for us since Adam is super allergic to peanuts.

Love that you both take pics of the tool in Ed hardy stuff. Unless your a well build, hot young guy you shouldn't be drawling attention to your butt!

Yes, we had a bowl of that sauce on our table. It's served on the side. I guess if your son is super allergic, then it's not worth the risk.

I have to say that even when Ed Hardy stuff was popular, which was a while ago, I never saw a dude wearing those kind of jeans. No dude should wear any clothing with words on the butt.

TCD

We sailed the Dream on 7/13 last year. That's Mrs. TCD's birthday, you know.

This year, it is likely that some or all of our girls will be in their college classes then. So, it's not likely we can join you. Too bad, I want the Fantasy to be our next cruise.

Jason, just because I don't want you and Sil to be lonely on your cruise, I am happy to bring the DaveInTN gang along on the 7/13 Fantasy sailing. So TCD, feel free to book it for Mrs TCD's birthday. And then we'll take your place.

Does that work for everyone?

Oh, and Andrew...I'll need two adjoining cabins.

Jason, just because I don't want you and Sil to be lonely on your cruise, I am happy to bring the DaveInTN gang along on the 7/13 Fantasy sailing. So TCD, feel free to book it for Mrs TCD's birthday. And then we'll take your place.

Does that work for everyone?

Oh, and Andrew...I'll need two adjoining cabins.

Wow that sounds like a Win/Win plan.

For you anyway.

TCD

I know this TR is over, but I have one more photo to share.

The TCD twins were going through old photos last night for a page in their yearbook, and they came across this gem:

AK1998.jpg

That's the TCD girls on their first ever visit to Animal Kingdom.

I figure that's April 1998.

Like almost 15 years ago.

Check out the safari MIckey ears and the official AK sunglasses.

I forgot that we used to have more money to spend on that kind of stuff back before I was paying for five phones and five cars and insurance, etc. etc. etc.

Good times!

TCD

I know this TR is over, but I have one more photo to share.

The TCD twins were going through old photos last night for a page in their yearbook, and they came across this gem:

AK1998.jpg

That's the TCD girls on their first ever visit to Animal Kingdom.

I figure that's April 1998.

Like almost 15 years ago.

Check out the safari MIckey ears and the official AK sunglasses.

I forgot that we used to have more money to spend on that kind of stuff back before I was paying for five phones and five cars and insurance, etc. etc. etc.

Good times!

TCD

That is AWESOME! I would love to see more WDW photos of your girls when they were small. I'll be they love that you're putting them on here, too, huh?

Twin 2 looks pissed. Guessing it may have something to do with the sucker in Twin 1's hand, and the lack of one in hers?

Adorable picture!

That is AWESOME! I would love to see more WDW photos of your girls when they were small. I'll be they love that you're putting them on here, too, huh?

Twin 2 looks pissed. Guessing it may have something to do with the sucker in Twin 1's hand, and the lack of one in hers?

Adorable picture!

Thanks.

You are right- there are a lot of photos.

The problem is that they are from the days of film, and they all have to be organized and scanned. I have looked in to this before, and one of these days I'm going to try one of those companies that you can send your negatives to and they scan them. I have a set of photos from our very first trip to the Fort in the then new TCD pop-up. November 1999. It's just 24 photos- nobody took zillion photos like we do now in the digital age. But, they're great! And somewhere, there are photos from our very first visit with the twins to the Fort. We stayed in one of the Wilderness Homes (pre-cabin) and the twins slept in those pack-and-plays. That was probably in 1997.

Good job on correctly identifying the twins. I don't know why Twin #2 doesn't have a Tootsie Pop. That would definitely be a reason for a protest. Maybe she ate hers already?

TCD

Thanks.

You are right- there are a lot of photos.

The problem is that they are from the days of film, and they all have to be organized and scanned. I have looked in to this before, and one of these days I'm going to try one of those companies that you can send your negatives to and they scan them. I have a set of photos from our very first trip to the Fort in the then new TCD pop-up. November 1999. It's just 24 photos- nobody took zillion photos like we do now in the digital age. But, they're great! And somewhere, there are photos from our very first visit with the twins to the Fort. We stayed in one of the Wilderness Homes (pre-cabin) and the twins slept in those pack-and-plays. That was probably in 1997.

Good job on correctly identifying the twins. I don't know why Twin #2 doesn't have a Tootsie Pop. That would definitely be a reason for a protest. Maybe she ate hers already?

TCD

I love looking at old photos. Hope you get a chance to get them digitized some day, would love to see them. It is funny how we snap away now where before we always had to worry about running out of film!

Maybe that is a project you can take on once the girls are off to college. That is, when you're not busy taking Stef and I to the parks.

Your girls' don't really look any different then, just smaller bodies. Their smiles and expressions are the same!

My dh is scanning every one of our old film pics and turning them into digital ones. He sits and watches TV every night while he runs boxes of photos through. And don't believe that everyone was more economical with film...he has always taken a boatload of pics just to get the "right" one. On our honeymoon we had over 20 rolls of film to process. Now imagine having your first and only baby.....how many is that?

I love looking at old photos. Hope you get a chance to get them digitized some day, would love to see them. It is funny how we snap away now where before we always had to worry about running out of film!

Maybe that is a project you can take on once the girls are off to college. That is, when you're not busy taking Stef and I to the parks.

Your girls' don't really look any different then, just smaller bodies. Their smiles and expressions are the same!

Yes, getting all of our old photos organized and digitized is a project I can work on when our nest is empty.

You are right about the girls- it's amazing how their personalities and mannerisms really haven't changed much since the beginning. Just goes to show you that everyone is unique.

Enjoyed the TR TCD!!! Thanks again for sharing!!

Thanks for reading, Genia.

Hopefully the next report will have you and some more Fiends in it.

Oh how precious!!! I love the mini TCD girls! You keep finding stuff like this and you'll be right up there with KFM. :))

I have the photos.

But no used food containers.

Fail.

My dh is scanning every one of our old film pics and turning them into digital ones. He sits and watches TV every night while he runs boxes of photos through. And don't believe that everyone was more economical with film...he has always taken a boatload of pics just to get the "right" one. On our honeymoon we had over 20 rolls of film to process. Now imagine having your first and only baby.....how many is that?

LOL!

So your DH must have some kind of scanner that feeds the photos through? But doesn't he have to check each one, name it and save it? It seems like an impossible task. If he has something that makes it quick and easy, I'd sure love to hear about it.

TCD

Love the old TCD Girls pic at AK! I also identified Twins 1 and 2 immediately...they haven't changed all that much in their faces and expressions. It's also fun to see what the strollers looked like back then.

Thanks, Dave.

Here's a couple more photos from that same roll of film.

BuckeyeFortMama posted this photo on your most recent TR:

Here's a picture of the kids playing in the rocks for those who have no clue what this looks like because they avoid this playground (thus making this park a half day park). Notice how endless this rock pit is...

July82012344_zps9b178626.jpg

Here's a photo of the oldest TCD DD in the same place circa April 1998:

boneyard_zps287d9a0c.jpg

I don't know why the twins aren't in there with her.

I'm wondering if there was a height requirement to use the playground?

And, here's one more from the archives.

We stayed at the Beach Club on this trip, and we ate dinner one night at the Big River Brewery restaurant at the Boardwalk. Apparently, there was some pre-dinner face painting:

bigriver_zps540a7234.jpg

TCD