BEL13VE in Magic: The TCD Gang Rings in 2013 at The Fort

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think you gotta look under their Dee Dums………. bahahaha Sorry TCD I seem to cause your TR's to go south a little too often! That wee little Jimmy Johnson fan is rubbing off on me!

Just got on the magic express to the Fort. It seems more exciting to be on the way to the Fort while reading.

Are they really building a bouncy house castle over there?

I kept laughing at your fuego references while reading the lastest update, so I had to explain what was funny to my children. Then, I went to the kitchen for some juice, only to find that we are out of juice. And thus, a new expression of frustration was born in my house.

Oh, for the love of fuego!

I kept laughing at your fuego references while reading the lastest update, so I had to explain what was funny to my children. Then, I went to the kitchen for some juice, only to find that we are out of juice. And thus, a new expression of frustration was born in my house.

is this gonna be the WWW go to phrase?

One thing I can tell you about the new fastpass system is that as information about them becomes available, it will be reported here on fortfiends.net.

This website has tons of information about Disney and Fort Wilderness and more is being added daily! :D

Good point.

Once it finally starts operating, I plan on figuring it out as soon as possible.

I have no doubt that this site will be a good source of accurate information.

Wow! You are really trying to catch KFK with this one.... :rofl2:

Nope.

Not this time.

I'm down to just a couple more updates, and then it's time for a new one.

Cool update!!

Thanks.

I have a couple more left.

Great pictures of the parade btw....Fuego

Thank you.

But no Fuego, please.

Fuego!

Oh for the love of Fuego.

I love it.

As you see from the previous comment, I am already using it.

Fuego!

Good call selling the bulb on ebay.

Didnt somebody spends thousands to get a piece of ABC gum from Derek Jeter?

I would rather have a bulb with fake Mickey Rooney autograph.

i think BW read your Thanksgiving TR and decided to tone down the creepy a bit.

Yeah, except for the hat BW blended in perfectly with the crowd.

LOL if it is.

TCD

There is a lot of mileage to be had with Fuego! I am going to have to add that to our family catch phrase manual. LOL

The parade is so much fun. I've not watched the Pete movie either and I will be happy to take your word for it and leave it off the list.

Looking forward to your sister.

......As you can see, the new friend scootched up from the curb, so that she was really sitting on the pavement. She did a great job blocking Twin #2's view.

What could we do?

...TCD

Unfortunately, rudeness is almost inescapable in society. When this happens, I usually rely on the intermittent allergic sneezing to the back of their hair/neck. Of course I follow it up with copious amounts of apologies so,that they understand its totally accidental. ;)

Feel free to,incorporate into your repertoire.

Time to move on.

This report is getting kind of long, and it's time to wrap it up.

So, on with the p.p.s.

We had a great weekend with the whole TCD gang at home.

Even though our oldest had been home for Christmas break, that was a busy time, and we were always running off somewhere.

This was a nice weekend at home.

On Sunday, though, I had to take the oldest TCD DD back to Orlando to catch her ride.

Conveniently, the plan was to meet at Downtown Disney after lunch.

That meant we would go there for lunch.

The twins were down.

We ate at Earl of Sandwich.

Love that place.

One of the girls found something online saying this was the first EOS.

Is that true?

If it is, I didn't know that.

I assumed they started somewhere else and came here.

The same site she was looking at said AAA members get 20% off here.

I didn't know that either.

And we were already eating our lunch when I found that out.

Dang.

After lunch, the girls did some shopping, and then my oldest had to go.

Since we were here, we may as well go to a park, right?

On to Hollywood Studios!

We got there around 3-ish.

It was busy.

No good Fastpasses, and long waits.

That meant Animation Class.

Since we are pros at this now, we know to take a peek at this clipboard to see what has already been drawn. They don't repeat, so if there is something you are dying to draw, you can see if it's still a possibility. We don't really care. It's more a matter of curiosity for us:

12013001.jpg

The CM leading the class today was Jesse.

He's a fun guy.

Not real personable, but he gets the job done.

There was no voting or discussion.

He told us to sit down and get our our pencils, and we would draw Goofy.

And he went right to work:

12013002.jpg

12013003.jpg

12013004.jpg

12013005.jpg

Yup. That's Goofy.

Let's see how we did.

Mine:

12013006.jpg

Twin #1:

12013007.jpg

Twin #2:

12013008.jpg

All three together:

12013009.jpg

The girls laughed at my drawing again.

I don't think it's that bad.

Especially for a guy with no artistic ability.

After our drawing class, we decided to check on Star Tours.

The tip board said it was a 30 minute wait when we first arrived.

It loads pretty fast, so we headed that way.

I said let's go through the New York Street and see of the Osborne lights are gone.

First we passed Playhouse Disney. The sign says it's closed until February. They are adding some new sets so they can feature some more shows I've never heard of:

12013010.jpg

The lights did appear to be all gone. This is where the giant globe and angels used to be:

12013011.jpg

There is still some stuff up high on the buildings:

12013012.jpg

12013013.jpg

It looks like the pieces of the globe are being temporarily stashed where the Christmas tree used to be:

12013014.jpg

The light canopy is gone:

12013015.jpg

These wires had been part of the Osborne Lights sign. I guess they will be coming down soon:

12013016.jpg

When we got to Star Tours, the sign outside said it was an 80 minute wait.

We've never seen that long of a wait there.

And, there was no one waiting outside.

We have entered when the line was out the door, and it still was only 30 minutes.

But the sign said 80.

I wasn't about to get on line to see if it was right.

But, I really doubt that it was.

I've already mentioned this inflating the wait time thing.

Why are they doing it?

So no Star Tours for us.

We decided to go ahead and go. We were a little early for the next thing we had planned, but we are good at going with the flow.

That meant we had only done one thing in DHS.

But that's how we roll.

On the way out, I noticed another new plant sign outside of the Prime Time Cafe:

12013017.jpg

And here's the tree that goes with that sign:

12013018.jpg

I forgot to mention something.

We had ADR's for dinner.

That's a big deal for us.

We never plan ahead.

And we hadn't really planned too far ahead for dinner today.

I checked the day before, and much to my surprise, an ADR time popped up for a place we have been wanting to go to for a while.

When the ADR's came up, we actually had two choices. One was 5:05 pm, and the other was 9:25 pm. I wanted to go with the later time. But the Twins said we should go early. They had some good reasons for this, so I agreed.

That means we are already heading to dinner.

But, there was something I wanted to see on the way.

When we had been here a few days before, we took the bus from POR to the MK.

As we passed Golden Oak, I noticed something that I wished I had been quick enough to photograph.

Well, as luck would have it, we could pass by there on our way to dinner.

So, I went that way.

As you pass Golden Oak, you first come to this canal. This is the same canal that travels on the east side of the Fort and drains in to Bay Lake:

12013019.jpg

The bridge that you see in this photo is new since Golden Oaks construction began:

12013020.jpg

I handed my camera to Twin #1 and asked her to take a photo as we passed the canal. Which she did:

12013021.jpg

But that didn't show what I had caught a glimpse of from the bus.

So I pulled over, got out of the car, and took this photo:

12013022.jpg

Those houses you see are the Golden Oaks McMansions.

That big ugly thing you see looming above them is the Four Seasons abomination.

Take a closer look:

221.jpg

I don't know.

Call me crazy.

But if I spent a million and a half bucks on my McMansion, I wouldn't want to be sitting on my $6300 square toilet and look out the bathroom window and see that.

What the heck are they thinking?

Since I was right here, I took a photo of the canal on the other side of the road. They have been doing work over there, but it looks like it's about done and didn't amount to much:

12013023.jpg

From here, I hopped back in the car and continued on my way.

Since we had left Hollywood Studios earlier than planned, we had about 45 minutes to kill.

What could we do for 45 minutes?

What about a quick tour of the Fort?

It's been a couple of weeks since we've been there.

Maybe things have changed.

But, how could I get past the strict security?

You'll find out in the next update.

TCD

TCD TRs have inspired two new catch phrases in two years

What the Fort

For the Love of Fuego

Nicki, you forgot SMB! :rofl2:

TCD, another great update. However, I disagree with you about Pete's Dragon. Our kids loved it growing up. It's my favorite float in MSEP.

Let us know if you put that light on eBay. I'll bid on it! (Well, not if your starting bid is $100!)

Earl of Sandwich is our go to place when we can't decide where to eat. Had a lay over in Philly on a trip back from visiting NY and made a point of going to the one there so I could bring home some for me to eat.

I don't think I would be happy to have spent all that money on a house with a view of a hotel like that. How can you sit outside without thinking someone is watching you?

I may have called Nate's knife a pocket knife (everything smaller than a machete is a pocket knife in my house) It was more of a hunter's knife that clips to your pocket. We weren't sure they'd let him in with that being visible.

Glad you watched Pete's Dragon. It was pretty impressive to a seven year old! :P

I don't differentiate between FS and GO, I just call it Golden Icks. Anything built that close to the Fort, sucks. :(

I feel bad for BW. I bet her big dream was to fly down from the castle as Tink. But she grew too quickly and now finds herself chasing her dream sadly around the Magic Kingdom, trying to gain access to Peter, the little fuego himself.

LOL!

Good theory.

Really, though, I wonder what the heck that girl thinks she's doing.

It ain't right.

There is a lot of mileage to be had with Fuego! I am going to have to add that to our family catch phrase manual. LOL

The parade is so much fun. I've not watched the Pete movie either and I will be happy to take your word for it and leave it off the list.

Looking forward to your sister.

Wow, I have started a new catch phrase trend.

As I say in response to Gwen, below, Pete's dragon is not awful. It just seems very dated. They clearly spent a lot of money on the movie, and it is entertaining. My kids didn't care for it, though.

My sister?

Did I say something about my sister?

TCD TRs have inspired two new catch phrases in two years

What the Fort

For the Love of Fuego

I don't think I invented What The Fort.

And I don't want credit for the Love of Fuego.

I am anti-Fuego.

Unfortunately, rudeness is almost inescapable in society. When this happens, I usually rely on the intermittent allergic sneezing to the back of their hair/neck. Of course I follow it up with copious amounts of apologies so,that they understand its totally accidental. ;)

Feel free to,incorporate into your repertoire.

Nice.

I am also thinking about getting a really big tablet of some kind, and when ipad guy gets in front of me, I will get in front of him with that big tablet.

That would be funny.

well there goes the McMansions if I ever win the lottery

Good move.

Seriously, what that place is a hot mess.

Nicki, you forgot SMB! :rofl2:

TCD, another great update. However, I disagree with you about Pete's Dragon. Our kids loved it growing up. It's my favorite float in MSEP.

Let us know if you put that light on eBay. I'll bid on it! (Well, not if your starting bid is $100!)

SMB belongs to DIT.

I am going to give Pete's Dragon another shot. The musical thing threw me off. The acting was actually pretty good, and Mickey Rooney and Red Buttons were pretty funny together.

Hey, that light has Mickey Rooney's signature on it, the bidding will start way over $100.

Looking forward to the plan to trick the security personnel.

Did you just tell them you wanted to be a pool freeloader?

I should have thought of that!

Earl of Sandwich is our go to place when we can't decide where to eat. Had a lay over in Philly on a trip back from visiting NY and made a point of going to the one there so I could bring home some for me to eat.

I don't think I would be happy to have spent all that money on a house with a view of a hotel like that. How can you sit outside without thinking someone is watching you?

EOS is a really good value for a place in WDW. And, they can crank out the food! It was really busy when we were there, but they got our order out quickly and correctly.

You're right about being outside and having that giant hotel sitting there. It's bad enough seeing it through the trees at the Fort, but you can't see it in most places. Those people in Golden Oaks can't escape seeing it.

I may have called Nate's knife a pocket knife (everything smaller than a machete is a pocket knife in my house) It was more of a hunter's knife that clips to your pocket. We weren't sure they'd let him in with that being visible.

Glad you watched Pete's Dragon. It was pretty impressive to a seven year old! :P

I don't differentiate between FS and GO, I just call it Golden Icks. Anything built that close to the Fort, sucks. :(

OK, I forgot your were from Citrus County, where a small machete is a pocket knife. LOL!

Have you not seen Pete's Dragon since you were 7? I'll bring it to the Fort the next time we will be there together, and you can watch it again and let me know what you think.

Golden Icks works for me. There really isn't much space (if any) between the two projects.

TCD

As I say in response to Gwen, below, Pete's dragon is not awful. It just seems very dated. They clearly spent a lot of money on the movie, and it is entertaining. My kids didn't care for it, though.

MI am going to give Pete's Dragon another shot. The musical thing threw me off. The acting was actually pretty good, and Mickey Rooney and Red Buttons were pretty funny together.

TCD, maybe it's a generational thing. Our youngest is 31, and our oldest is 41. They grew up being entertained by Herbie and The Ugly Dachsund. And Condor Man. I must have watched that movie over 100 times!

Thanks, KFK.

Maybe don't tell KFD.

Maybe the destruction of the bakery won't be as bad as feared.

And this is why I'm a big KFD fan.

This and the plaid pants.

The guy is awesome.

Not as awesome as KFM, though.

Nobody can top the burger wrapper collector!

I like my coffee hot and black.

Like my women.

(That's a joke I say from time to time-no offense)

TCD

1. As much as I would like to NOT tell KFD..... allowing him to have a shock like that could ruin his day. If it turns out not to be that bad then it will be a welcome surprise.

2. I was definitely brought up among Disney lovin' purists. (esp KFD. KFM is a packrat) :))

The burger wrapper was good but the fry basket was better! There were even ketchup stains. Awesome.

3. I like that joke... and use it often. Well, except for the women part. I have gotten many eye rolls from H over the years.

11712087.jpg

As you can see, the new friend scootched up from the curb, so that she was really sitting on the pavement. She did a great job blocking Twin #2's view.

What could we do?

We just laughed.

I did yell FUEGO!, and the girl looked, to see where the Fuego was.

Good times.

TCD

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You said FUEGO. :dogsnicker:

Is there really any doubt? :))