BEL13VE in Magic: The TCD Gang Rings in 2013 at The Fort

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think you gotta look under their Dee Dums………. bahahaha Sorry TCD I seem to cause your TR's to go south a little too often! That wee little Jimmy Johnson fan is rubbing off on me!

Just got on the magic express to the Fort. It seems more exciting to be on the way to the Fort while reading.

Are they really building a bouncy house castle over there?

So, we made it to the MK.

We noticed that half the turnstiles were walled off. They are taking them out and replacing them with RFID readers. This is a big mistake if you ask me, but they didn't:

11712051.jpg

As we walked by, I noticed something I never have before.

It looks like there are mailboxes on this kiosk. And a camera watching them:

11712052.jpg

A closer look:

521.jpg

So, what are those?

It looks like something that may have been used at some point in the not too distant past (thus the security camera), but for what?

We arrived right in time to watch the Flag retreat:

11712053.jpg

11712054.jpg

11712055.jpg

This was only our second time ever seeing it.

If you have never watched it, do yourself a favor and check your MK times guide the next time you're there. It is worth seeing.

We stopped at the Fire Station for our SOTMK cards, and then made our way down Main Street.

I hadn't heard that there is a new scrim (painted canvas facade) on Main Street. Well, there is, right across from the bakery:

11712056.jpg

And the bakery is closed:

11712057.jpg

When it reopens in August, it's going to be a Starbucks.

I will be interested to see what happens here.

I have seen complete Starbucks buildings be built from the ground up in less than 8 months.

And all they have to do here is the interior.

Who is in charge of this place anyway?

Oh yeah, that guy with the potrait hanging in the new Fantasyland gift shop.

I guess he is too busy posing for paintings to actually manage anything.

The MK was going to close at 8 tonight.

Which is much earlier than we are used to.

We decided that we would go and ride the Haunted Mansion, then maybe Big Thunder Mountain, then get a snack, and then see how we were doing.

Here we are on the way to Haunted Mansion. You can see the new Tangled tower here. It doesn't look all that big:

11712058.jpg

They are still working back there.

I don't remember this souvenir cart being here, but here it is. They have those invisible dog leashes for sale here. I remember once looking all over the place for one of those:

11712059.jpg

You can kind of see in that last photo that there are a bunch of fake rocks back there behind the construction wall.

Disney keeps saying that there are just going to be new restrooms back here.

But, I keep saying that it's obviously something more than restrooms.

We should find out what soon.

The Pet Cemetery is still where it has always been, but I don't think it's looking too good:

11712060.jpg

Haunted Mansion was great.

We got in the entry area kind of late. A big group of pushy people were all lined up right in front of the door for the wrong room. So, we got to go in the stretching room first. Then, they all pushed their way to the wrong wall in there. Ha Ha. The stretching room was packed, and we were the first ones out. See you later suckers!

And aside from being rude and pushy, there was something else of note about that big group. Several of them were wearing snuggies. You know, the blankets with sleeves? And they had Disney designs on them. None of us remembered seeing these before. Where did they get them?

From Haunted Mansion, we headed over to Big Thunder.

As we passed the Frontierland Pretzel stand, we noticed that there were only a few pretzles left. We decided that we needed to stop now, even though they probably would reload before we got back. What if they didn't.

For any Mickey Head Pretzel Fans who might be reading:

11712061.jpg

After our snack, we decided against Big Thunder.

It looked crowded back there.

Instead, we headed to New Fantasyland.

We walked past the construction wall around the Rapunzel tower.

I took this shot from the stroller parking area. All that you see over the fence is new. There is no way this is just bathrooms:

11712064.jpg

When we got to the Mine Train construction wall, I had to snap a couple photos:

11712065.jpg

11712066.jpg

Belle's Enchanted Tales had a 50 minute wait posted.

The Little Mermaid said 45.

But there wasn't a person in the queue.

We decided to give it a try.

We walked though the entire queue, and right on to the ride.

There was no wait at all.

We did notice something unusual in the queue.

Scuttle was missing from his nest:

11712068.jpg

There was some recent discussion in a trip report from DaveInTN about the Little Mermaid Ride.

He claims that his daughter Anna says this ride sucks monkey butt.

Dave made a good argument that it does.

But, after riding it again, I have to disagree.

This is not a bad ride at all.

It's not just robots. There is great music and animation and other effects, and this ride is a nice attraction.

It's at least as good as Peter Pan, and has just as much, if not more to see as the Haunted Mansion.

Sorry Anna.

After Little Mermaid, we consulted our times guide.

It was near 6:30, and the park was closing at 8.

It was pretty crowded.

That could mean long lines at the buses.

Not fun.

We decided to head up to near the entrance and watch the 7:00 parade from there.

Then we would watch the new Castle show from Main Street, and leave just as Wishes began.

That would get us to the bus stop way before the mobs.

As we headed down Main Street, the crowds confirmed that we were making a good choice.

We found a good spot right near the entrance.

And we saw an old friend.

I walked over to see if I could get a photo of the old friend. But, I wasn't able to.

I'll give you a clue as to who it was, as I will have a photo of her in the next update.

You see that hat with the feather in the very bottom of this photo?:

11712071.jpg

That's her.

You can see the twins over there across the street.

Does anyone want to guess who that is?

Hey speaking of old friends, you remember how I told you the Goofy bench was missing when we were in the MK on January 1?

Well, look what was there on January 17:

11712072.jpg

11712073.jpg

I got back to my seat just in time to see the Columbine High School marching band open the parade:

11712078.jpg

11712080.jpg

Yes, that is the Columbine High School.

From Littleton, CO.

It got me to thinking.

How long has it been?

The TCD twins asked me.

I said it must be about ten years now.

I have since looked it up.

It has almost been 14 years.

Wow.

The twins weren't even four years old yet when it happened.

And they are High School seniors now.

The kids in that band are their age or younger.

I wonder what it's like to go to school there?

Next up, the parade!

And a photo of the old friend.

TCD

I agree with you about Innoventions. They could tear one whole side out and put in more SOAT simulators. That is a cool ride with low capacity. It sounds like it's better than the new TT.

A green house= making manual things electric.... interesting. Maybe all those $50 light bulbs are really saving power.

Oh no, your Peter Pan friend....

And why does that bench keep disappearing and reappearing?

It's nice that you got to ride Ariel with no wait. But how do you explain a ride that hasn't been open for even 2 months being walk on? Oh, I know why. It sucks monkey butt.

While I usually see eye to eye with you on Disney issues, this is one where we disagree.

That ride has no line because it is wonderfully efficient.

It does not suck monkey butt.

I agree with you about Innoventions. They could tear one whole side out and put in more SOAT simulators. That is a cool ride with low capacity. It sounds like it's better than the new TT.

A green house= making manual things electric.... interesting. Maybe all those $50 light bulbs are really saving power.

Oh no, your Peter Pan friend....

And why does that bench keep disappearing and reappearing?

Very good!

That is the girl we saw meeting Peter Pan back during our Thanksgiving trip!

Good eye!

More details about her in the next update.

I agree with you about SOAT. That is a great attraction. And, when you design it, you can actually make a different experience each time. It is better than Test Track.

I am with you, how is an electric toilet better for the environment. And even if it was, how many guests are going to spend 6 grand on a toilet (besides DaveInTn)?

That Goofy bench gets a lot of wear and tear.

But, I think maybe it was removed when the Christmas decorations went up just to make more room. I didn't notice anything new about it.

Another great update!

The Tangled tower just looks out of place to me. I agree, it's too big to just be rest rooms.

When you put that $6300 toilet in your popup, I wanna see it.

Yes, I still don't know why they put the tower all the way over here.

I guess that is still part of Fantasyland. But, I don't think it should be visible from the Haunted Mansion or the River Boat.

OK, when I put the $6300 toilet in the pop up, I'll invite you over. Let me know if you have any song requests so I can get them loaded on the MP3 player.

TCD

When it reopens in August, it's going to be a Starbucks.

I'm not getting sucked into that discussion.

11712073.jpg

Goofy's looking good...............in his Gator sweat shirt.

On the 16th on my way to the cafeteria I specifically looked for Goofy and he wasn't there then, so the 17th was his first day back. From his appearance, I'd say he was refurbished.

Goofy's looking good...............in his Gator sweat shirt.

Ha Ha. Very funny.

On the 16th on my way to the cafeteria I specifically looked for Goofy and he wasn't there then, so the 17th was his first day back. From his appearance, I'd say he was refurbished.

Wow.

That's funny that I noticed him on the 17th.

By the way, in case anyone is wondering, he didn't talk.

At least I didn't hear him.

Why is TCD feeling up goofy's leg?

That's a very good question.

I tried to put my arm around him, but he is too tall.

I shouldn't have put my hand on his knee, though.

That looks wrong.

Yes, we will have to agree to disagree.

When you ride it, this is what you see.

ariel.jpg

Whereas when I ride it, I only see this.

picc-pyb01jls-262305-500-500.jpg

Holy Moly!

Where did that come from?

Where is that mental bleach, KFK?

TCD

How am I going to unsee that?? Eww. Thanks Dave.

But I am going to use the Suck Monkey Butt as the reason why the boys have to go on the ride. That is such a kid cool term, they will have to see it to believe it.

Thank you for the Mickey Head Pretzel photo. Not sure how I missed that on four different trips, but I did. It's on my list now.

Where is Scuttle I wonder?

I hope he doesn't just disappear for good like so many other things.

I need brain bleach now. That was worse than the urban dictionary thing.

Good to see Goofy back......I thought we were done with scrims on Main Street for awhile though. That sucks.

11712052.jpg

These are lockers. They are, as far as I know, still in use. They cost .50 cents to use and can be used to store items that you do not want or are able to bring (i.e. knives, concealled weapons, etc) into the park.

They do not get much use as not many people know about them or have a reason to use them.

There are some outside of Studios too. International Gateway has some as well.

IMG_6714-001.jpg

How am I going to unsee that?? Eww. Thanks Dave.

But I am going to use the Suck Monkey Butt as the reason why the boys have to go on the ride. That is such a kid cool term, they will have to see it to believe it.

Thank you for the Mickey Head Pretzel photo. Not sure how I missed that on four different trips, but I did. It's on my list now.

Go and enjoy the Little Mermaid.

It does not SMB at all.

You are welcome for the photo, I remember you asking about them.

They have them at a stand in Frontierland and in Storybook Circus at MK.

I think they're in other parks, too, but I can't remember where else I have seen them.

Where is Scuttle I wonder?

I hope he doesn't just disappear for good like so many other things.

I need brain bleach now. That was worse than the urban dictionary thing.

Good to see Goofy back......I thought we were done with scrims on Main Street for awhile though. That sucks.

I'm sure he's just getting fixed. There are a couple or three more Scuttles on the ride itself.

Yeah, that scrim surprised me too. It's not as bad as the bakery one that was up for a long time last year.

TCD makes a strong case for a $6300 square toilet, but I harken back to AL Bundy and his fascination with the "mighty ferguson" :)

I was a big Married with Children Fan. I didn't remember the Mighty Ferguson, but here it is on You Tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL2YRDzpTL4

I can't get over how young Ed O'Niel looks.

We are big Modern Family fans, and he is great on it.

11712052.jpg

These are lockers. They are, as far as I know, still in use. They cost .50 cents to use and can be used to store items that you do not want or are able to bring (i.e. knives, concealled weapons, etc) into the park.

They do not get much use as not many people know about them or have a reason to use them.

Thanks, Dave.

I have heard that there was such a place, but I had no idea this was it.

I don't think I would have guessed that folks can stow guns there.

TCD

I have no idea what you're talking about, as I know nothing about Monty Python.

All I can say is that none of the girls in Jersey were impressed by the geeks who quoted it.

TCD

OK, I lived in Jersey for 32 years and I loved geeks who could quote Monty Python. In fact, I married one!

He looked over my shoulder and saw me watching Jason's video and said, "Dead Parrot?" :lol:

I have not yet exposed my children to Monty Python. There is too much nudge, nudge, wink, wink for their young minds. But they can quote Star Wars and Lord of the Rings and various Star Trek incarnations.

Oh, and all my boys spend most Saturday afternoons at a comic book store playing games with miniatures. Love Live Geeks! :D

My eldest was 3 almost 4 and on the classical music station a song came on and before 4 notes were out, he yells STAR WARS!!

Yes, we are Geek and we are Proud. :D

Thank you for remembering the pretzel for me.

KFK is very wise.

No comment really... I just wanted to see this again. :))

IBM? What the Fort?

KFD will very likely cry over the Mainstreet Bakery being turned into a Starbucks. I haven't broken the news yet. A daughter never wants to put her Disneydad through anything that traumatic. No. I am not exaggerating in the least. Seriously.

A giant square smart toilet. I'd never keep the fellas out of the potty.

Holy Moly!

Where did that come from?

Where is that mental bleach, KFK?

TCD

One for you.. 5381549.gif

And one for me.. 5381549.gif

KFD will very likely cry over the Mainstreet Bakery being turned into a Starbucks.

I didn't want to get sucked into the Main St. Bakery vs Starbucks crap, but as much as TCD is pushing the Starbucks baloney, it will reopen as the Main Street Bakery and will keep it's theming, but in addition to the usual stuff, it will also sell Starbucks items.

Aren't you paying attention Kim?

I didn't want to get sucked into the Main St. Bakery vs Starbucks crap, but as much as TCD is pushing the Starbucks baloney, it will reopen as the Main Street Bakery and will keep it's theming, but in addition to the usual stuff, it will also sell Starbucks items.

Aren't you paying attention Kim?

:smartass: :heart: I am paying attention as best as I can with wild younguns around. KFD does not like changes to his favorite things. The Mainstreet Bakery is one of those favorites. He has a dislike of Starbucks that equals his love of MSB. :raspberry2:

:smartass: :heart: I am paying attention as best as I can with wild younguns around. KFD does not like changes to his favorite things. The Mainstreet Bakery is one of those favorites. He has a dislike of Starbucks that equals his love of MSB. :raspberry2:

What the heck is MSB?

Tell daddy that I'll buy him a damn cinnamon roll at Gastons to make up for it.