BEL13VE in Magic: The TCD Gang Rings in 2013 at The Fort

I've got a strange opinion on the DVC. IF the parking lot weren't gonna be smak dab in the middle of the settlement, I don't think I'd mind too much. The buildings will be themed appropriately, and hopefully give more dining options at the Fort.

If they would just put the parking lot elsewhere and golf cart the DVCers to their cars, then it could be OK. (I'm not saying wonderful, but OK)

I was thinking the same thing. They just need to move the parking lot more to the Lodge side of the property.
  • Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think you gotta look under their Dee Dums………. bahahaha Sorry TCD I seem to cause your TR's to go south a little too often! That wee little Jimmy Johnson fan is rubbing off on me!

Just got on the magic express to the Fort. It seems more exciting to be on the way to the Fort while reading.

Are they really building a bouncy house castle over there?

I bet the fort keeps its separate amenities. I think there is more of this "filthy campers" impression among the rich "suckers" who would waste thousands upon thousands of dollars on this rip off than you think. Have you ever seen the faces of some the Wilderness Lodge guests when they have to share a boat with you campground trash? Me neither as their noses were so high in the air I couldn't see their faces, but you get the point. Than again, can you blame them? Some of you are just down right repulsive!

Yes, I have seen the look.

And maybe you are right about keeping things separate. But, if you look how they do it at the other DVC's, they all mooch off of the main resort's transportation system.

I thought that is what they would do here too. I think they will for the buses, but they are going to move the Settlement bus stop closer to the resort buildings, and I'll bet that the buses to the parks will leave from here.

As far as the boat goes, the plans I saw show the current FW dock, and a big brand new dock for the DVC. There has even been talk of a restaurant being built on the new DVC dock. So, there is going to be boat traffic there for sure. I could see boats still going to the FW dock for Fort guests and for use by guests going to the Hoop Dee Doo and Backyard BBQ. I can see where the DVC guests would like that. Plus, they are expaning the golf cart parking area at the marina, so it would make sense to let Fort guests catch the boat from there.

I've got a strange opinion on the DVC. IF the parking lot weren't gonna be smak dab in the middle of the settlement, I don't think I'd mind too much. The buildings will be themed appropriately, and hopefully give more dining options at the Fort.

If they would just put the parking lot elsewhere and golf cart the DVCers to their cars, then it could be OK. (I'm not saying wonderful, but OK)

I don't think that's such a strange opinion at all.

That giant parking lot is definitely the worst thing about the whole project. Putting buildings where the remains of River Country are rotting would be an improvement. And, I agree that having the restaurants and bars and other things that the DVC will bring will be a plus.

But that parking lot?

Awful!

It will destroy the atmosphere and ambiance of the Settlement.

From what I saw, it looks like access to the parkng lot will only be from the west, and not through the Fort. I sure hope that's true. But, all that traffic is also going to wreck the peace and quiet of the trail between the Fort and the Lodge.

Thanks for all the updates, I hope DVC crashes and burns before they can build it. I stayed once at a Four Seasons...My secretary booked it. I had a bottle of Yuegling Lager with dinner... it was $16.00. I live 30 minutes from the original brewery. I can by a case of Yuengling for less than $16.00. I am not a fan of four seasons..... or hiltons for that matter.

Yeah, Four Seasons is in a category that is way above anything that's at WDW now.

At first, I thought it was crazy. Now, I think they may be on to something. I think there are enough super wealthy people in the world that they will be able to fill a niche that is missing at WDW.

I figured that I would be hitting up their bar when they open. I may have to re-think it. I can't afford too many $16 beers.

First of all, I'm unimpressed with Tinkerbell's sister.

Second, it took us forever to find that stupid Goofy bench (turns out the time we started looking for it was when it was gone the first time) and now it's gone again? Maybe they're going to make it talk again?

Or not.

Third, your stupid DVC drawings make me sick.

Per my mother's rule, I am not allowed to say anything not nice about Tinkerbell's sister. But, I will say I agree with you. She looked more like Tinkerbell's mom.

I don't know what to tell you about that Goofy bench. Maybe it was taken out when the Christmas decorrations were put up, and it's back there now. I'll check the next time I go.

The DVC makes me sick too.

FUEGO!! FUEGO!!

OK, that's enough now.

I mean it.

sorry im late, been busy with work. can read but not reply til now. it was nice meeting you TCD hopefully next time it wont be a drive-by visit.

also nice meeting carol and lorna and their husbands (im bad with names sorry guys) and tigger.

Hey Todd!

Thanks for posting.

It was great to meet you too, and sorry that you had to leave the day after I arrived.

But thanks for the spike! That was pretty funny that you spiked me!

It was great to talk to you about the old days at the Fort. Next time, we need to spend some more time doing that.

I was thinking the same thing. They just need to move the parking lot more to the Lodge side of the property.

Agreed.

There is plenty of room on the other side of the project for that. They should leave the open space around the Settlement. Hopefully, someone with a brain will see those plans and realize that putting the parking lot there is a really bad idea.

But then the Lodge guests wouldn't be able to walk 2 minutes down the path to see the pretty deer.

Yeah, they can piss off the campers, but not the deluxe resort guests.

Actually, technically it's "la barcaza infierno"

Wow, I am learning a whole new language here.

LOL

Looks like the universal Boom! to me. :laugh:

What's the universal Boom?

TCD

I guess you haven't seen TCD's character drawings.

We need to hide his purple crayon.

I know you claim to have won a medal for your drawing skills, but have we ever seen a photo of your award winning art?

I will have to make sure to put my purple crayon in a safe place.

;)

Note to self: Come back to this thread around 1:00 to read the last update. Then start bugging TCD for a new one.

Guess what?

There may be a surprise ending to this TR.

There may be more than one update left.

Check back tomorrow.

I'm not posting the last update today.

600full-harold-and-the-purple-crayon-50th-anniversary-edition-%28purple-crayon-books%29-artwork.jpg

What the Fort is that?

Somebody stole my purple crayon idea?

Who's that bald kid?

TCD

I know you claim to have won a medal for your drawing skills, but have we ever seen a photo of your award winning art?

I didn't save it as it was only a 5 minute sketch of Mickey, however, and for your review, I submit the following photo as evidence of my tremendous artistic skills.

Sculpted in clay from scratch are the 7 dwarfs. Each being about 9 inches tall.

Behind it is a 36 inch long animation cell of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs drawn and painted from scratch.

I showed you my stuff, let's see yours.

SWDwarfs2.jpg

I didn't save it as it was only a 5 minute sketch of Mickey, however, and for your review, I submit the following photo as evidence of my tremendous artistic skills.

Sculpted in clay from scratch are the 7 dwarfs. Each being about 9 inches tall.

Behind it is a 36 inch long animation cell of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs drawn and painted from scratch.

I showed you my stuff, let's see yours.

SWDwarfs2.jpg

I see you, like so many others, have forgotten the eighth dwarf, Dumpy, who flushes all the toilets at the Magic Kingdom when each guest is finished.

I knew the names of all the characters in Hannah Montana, and the kids in High School musical. I could tell the Jonas Brothers apart. I'm sure I would have been a fairy expert like you, too. But lucky for me, they didn't have all of those fairies back then.

TCD

Lucky for you??? Are you crazy? ???

I'll take fairies any day over the Jonas Brothers and Hannah Montana.

Tinkerbell invents things out of junk and her fellow tinker fairies (Bobble and Clink) are the dorky but smart kids in class.

None of the fairies represent the "cool kids." They are all in their own way quirky. No one is stuck up, well except for Vidia-she's sorta the Hannah Montana or Sharpay of the group.

(P.S. If you get the chance to meet Vidia in the parks, do it. She's a cool character to meet.)

And just to bring you up to speed, Periwinkle has white hair because she is a snow fairy from the Winter Woods (she either has to have gray or white hair).

Tink looks a lot hotter on my Christmas tree topper than she does in real life.

Nooooo!!! DVC!!! Please tell me your pulling my leg! I just discovered the Fort and now your telling me they might take away the peace of tranquility I've found. And yes I spelled piece wrong on purpose.

That being said thank you for another great TR. And one day I will get page one bragging rights on one of your TRs.