BEL13VE in Magic: The TCD Gang Rings in 2013 at The Fort

I like those NYE decorations too, I didn't notice she had changed them for that. That photo of Dick Clark is a nice touch. But Chip and Dale partying it up with the Miller Lite? Funny, but odd. Also I would think C&D would be more into a Sam Adams type of brew. Also what is with the chain on Mickey's ankle? Is he on parole?

That is actually a very valuable one of a kind Mickey Mouse statue she has, so he's chained to a tree to keep him safe.

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think you gotta look under their Dee Dums………. bahahaha Sorry TCD I seem to cause your TR's to go south a little too often! That wee little Jimmy Johnson fan is rubbing off on me!

Just got on the magic express to the Fort. It seems more exciting to be on the way to the Fort while reading.

Are they really building a bouncy house castle over there?

On one, I was headed around the 1600 loop, and planning to hit the 1800 loop to say hello to Fiend Caveat Lector when I saw a man walking a cute little dog.

It was Lou.

And Buddy.

I stopped.

We chatted.

We compared spiking notes.

And realized we had some spiking to do.

We headed over to Lorna's site, and Lou borrowed a golf cart.

And Lou, Buddy, and I went lou-ping.

We stopped by Caveat Lector's site. But nobody was home. We then hit the 600 loop, 700 loop and 1400 loop, looking for Fiends and leaving spikes, but nobody was home.

Too bad everyone was out having fun.

They missed a chance to meet Buddy.

.....TCD

Alright, it's bad enough that I missed an opportunity to hang out with the ROCKSTAR duo. I had made my peace with that. Now, I find out that Buddy was part of the crew too. Totally bummed. The only thing worse is if you now share with me that Rocky was also along for the ride. But I guess you were on a bike, so that answer is self evident. I get some funny looks walking my dogs. I guess it's the fact that I go 290+, and bandit/Thor weigh less than the leash I'm using.:)

Sorry this is way out of sequence, but I wanted to chime in regarding your comments about the bumps in SPace Mountain. This was an unusual trip, in that we got to ride in the last car of SM, EE, and RaRC. EE and RaRC rides were smooth as silk and a lot of fun. Especially since we rode EE at night. That was cool! However, the same cant be said for SM. I needed an extra dose of ibuprofen after that ride. Someone needs to use a grinder on that track.

Party On TCD!

Sorry this is way out of sequence, but I wanted to chime in regarding your comments about the bumps in SPace Mountain. This was an unusual trip, in that we got to ride in the last car of SM, EE, and RaRC. EE and RaRC rides were smooth as silk and a lot of fun. Especially since we rode EE at night. That was cool! However, the same cant be said for SM. I needed an extra dose of ibuprofen after that ride. Someone needs to use a grinder on that track.

Party On TCD!

I had not ridden Space Mountain in almost... ummm... well more than 15 years. I really couldn't remember the ride much so I was really looking forward too it. I literally had to clench my teeth to keep from biting something off inside my mouth... at least it wasn't just me. I hope they get it refurb so i can try it again.

Got another good one going here, sir. It's funny to read several fiend's posts that have us all weaving in and out of each other's camping trips.

I'm just collecting the last few pics from BM and I'll be ready to launch my New Year's TR shortly. You show up in it a few times.

Easy on the Van Halen bit there pal...Aerosmith is perhaps even more un-Disney!

They got a ride!

Thanks for checking in, MD!

As you might have seen, folks were asking about you.

Good to see you're working on your report.

I can't wait!

More great pictures!!! However, the Bob's bobber tree gives me the shivers....

Those things are stupid Sweet Gum trees. We used to have three of those things in our yard! Uggh!!! You can't get the dang prickly balls up with a lawnmower, so you have to rake them and pile them up, and bag them to get rid of them. We used to pay the boys to get them up, but then they grew up and moved out, so we finally were able to cut the trees down. However, even four years later, I still find an occasional prickly ball in the landscaping, Brrrrrr, shiver. Ughhh!!!

(Can you tell, I hate prickly balls!!)

Wow, who knew anyone could be so against seed pods (I can't bring myself to call them what you call them).

It seemed like there were more than usual this year-made it hard to find the bobbers.

Facetious. Ornithologist. Man, you are just full of big words this morning. I had to break out the dictionary!

My guess on the bird is warbler.

I am with MD on the VH bashing. I'd rather hear so-so Van Halen than some of the pop junk they like to have performers play at DHS.

I like those NYE decorations too, I didn't notice she had changed them for that. That photo of Dick Clark is a nice touch. But Chip and Dale partying it up with the Miller Lite? Funny, but odd. Also I would think C&D would be more into a Sam Adams type of brew. Also what is with the chain on Mickey's ankle? Is he on parole?

That is actually a very valuable one of a kind Mickey Mouse statue she has, so he's chained to a tree to keep him safe.

Carol answered FP4's last question correctly- that Mickey statue apparently is very valuable, and Jeannie keeps it under lock and key.

Sorry about the big words. Just for you, I will be breaking out my purple crayon in the next post.

I think you are right about that bird being a warbler. I Google-imaged that, and saw lots of birds that looked like this yellow one. But, goodness, who knew there were so many different kinds of warblers?

OK, sorry on the VH bashing. In a different setting, I might like it, but it just doesn't seem right for those guys to be blasting that darned hippie music all over Hollywood Studios!

I too, thought it was funny how Jeannie had all the Disney characters drinking beer!

Alright, it's bad enough that I missed an opportunity to hang out with the ROCKSTAR duo. I had made my peace with that. Now, I find out that Buddy was part of the crew too. Totally bummed. The only thing worse is if you now share with me that Rocky was also along for the ride. But I guess you were on a bike, so that answer is self evident. I get some funny looks walking my dogs. I guess it's the fact that I go 290+, and bandit/Thor weigh less than the leash I'm using. :)

Party On TCD!

Yup, you missed Buddy. But not Rocky. Rocky is due for a Fort visit, but he didn't make this trip.

Interesting that so many of us noticed the rough ride on SM.

And what do you mean 290+? No way.

I had not ridden Space Mountain in almost... ummm... well more than 15 years. I really couldn't remember the ride much so I was really looking forward too it. I literally had to clench my teeth to keep from biting something off inside my mouth... at least it wasn't just me. I hope they get it refurb so i can try it again.

It wasn't just you. I've noticed it on the last couple of trips. I have never noticed it before, even before the last refurb.

TCD

As I mentioned, we had the use of a golf cart for a couple of hours. The nice Fiend who loaned it to us was in a site down by the Settlement, so the plan was to drop off the cart, and take a bus from the Settlement on up to the Outpost, and head to Hollywood Studios from there.

Here we are at the Settlement bus stop at 1:50 pm:

NYE2012407.jpg

A look at the bus stop decorations:

NYE2012408.jpg

Lucky for us, it was a yellow bus that showed up.

We were at the Outpost in time for me to take this photo at 2:02 pm:

NYE2012409.jpg

From one end of the Fort to the other in five minutes.

Who needs a golf cart?

We would have made it even quicker had it not been for an idiot on a Disney cart who refused to pull over and let the bus pass from the 1400 loop to the turn off for the pool.

Anyway, take a look under the branch on the right of that big oak tree in the last photo.

Do you see something there?

Take a closer look:

ranch.jpg

As FP4 already mentioned, you can see the new Four Seasons building from right here at the Outpost bus stop!

It's right there above the roof line:

NYE2012410.jpg

While we are here, how about a couple of horse photos:

NYE2012411.jpg

NYE2012412.jpg

I love to see those horses.

It's like you are a million miles away from the hustle and bustle of the Vacation Capital of The Universe.

That big honkin' hotel shatters that illusion.

While we are talking about the hotel, let's stop and take a closer look at what's on the way.

Does anyone remember this insightful post from back in April of last year? :

OK, time to get cranking again.

Before we move on, I want to talk about that crane for a minute.

First, I want to make sure that everyone saw it.

It's that big mechanical thing under the purple arrow here:

crane-1.jpg

So what?, you may ask.

What's the big deal about a crane?

Well, a few years ago, I watched what we now know as Bay Lake Tower rise across Bay Lake. It started out with a couple of cranes like you see in this photo.

When I first saw those cranes, I wondered why they were so tall.

Then I found out.

They were that tall because the building was going to rise up to the top of the crane.

And it did.

Here we see just one crane.

But, we know what this building is going to look like.

This is the artist's rendering that they released:

Four-Seasons-Hotels-and-Resorts-1.jpg

Study this for a moment.

How many stories do you count?

It's hard to say because the first few floors have other buildings in front of them.

But, I am guessing that this thing is about 15 stories high.

If I'm right, that makes it about the same size as the Contemporary Resort's tower.

Which means that someday in the future, we will see something like this when we stand here and look down the canal:

crane-2.jpg

Maybe it won't be purple and look like it was drawn by a 1st grader.

But, it will still be bad.

One of the things I love about the Fort is that it feels like you really are in the wilderness.

Now, one of my favorite views will be marred by a big ugly hotel.

Boo!

But, maybe I'm wrong.

At least it's only one crane, right?

TCD

Remember how so many people laughed and said stupid TCD is over-reacting again?

Well, I wasn't so far off, was I? :

NYE2012402.jpg

I tried to find some current information about this project, and there isn't much that's been said since ground breaking a year ago.

For some odd reason, I found a website written in Spanish that has what appears to be some up-to-date details.

Here's a link if you're intererested:

http://www.edsaplan.com/es/Portafolio/Four-Seasons-Resort-Orlando

There is a slide show on that site that shows images of the project.

I couldn't find a way to pause the slides, so I took screen shots of them.

I noticed that the artwork showing the building is a little different from the artwork that was floating around at groundbreaking time:

4Seasons1.jpg

This drawing seems to match up exactly with what is being built (notice that there are just two towers on the roofline) :

NYE2012117.jpg

There is some text written in Spanish on the website:

4Seasons5.jpg

If we run that text through Google Translate, we get this paragraph:

Walt Disney World is about to open its doors to the largest Four Seasons Resort. Located within the new development of Disney Golden Oak Resort Community, this luxurious resort of 444 rooms will become the first five star hotel of the Walt Disney Resort. It is designed around a large lake and wetlands adjacent thereto. It has 3530 m2 of conference rooms, a restaurant on the terrace overlooking the Magic Kingdom and Epcot fireworks, 1765 m2 of spa, swimming pool with infinity edge, tennis, wedding pavilion, outdoor areas and multipurpose a large island with several amenities. The latter, located across the channel, represents the transition between the Mediterranean gardens that surround the hotel and a more natural experience of Florida and has a bar and grill on the lake, family pool with cinema, lazy river, pool for children with water games, club and playground, and a teen club with private access to the lazy river

This sounds like quite a resort!

Now, let's take a look at some of the other slides.

This one shows the building footprint and what appears to be the pool and lazy river area. I rotated it so it is oriented with North at the top of the drawing:

4Seasons4.jpg

That pool and lazy river area is huge!

This slide looks like it's a close up of the pool and lazy river area:

4Seasons3.jpg

I have to say that this rivals the pool at the Yacht and Beach Club!

This next slide is really interesting to me:

4Seasons2.jpg

Since that drawing is included with the others, I assume it's part of the project, but I can't figure out where this is on the plans.

Maybe it's an adjacent parcel.

There was a little part of the text that was cut off in the screen shot above.

The translation of that says:

In addition to the resort, the project will also include 40 Residential Units Four Seasons Club and nearly 90 residences Four Seasons brand.

So it's not just the big hotel building that we see- It sounds like there will be another 130 residential units. Whatever that means. I think that last drawing shows these residential units.

This is not a typical hotel.

They say 5 stars.

And I think they mean it.

It sure will be interesting to see it when it's finished.

And, as an added bonus, you will be able to look at it all you like from many places throughout the Fort.

TCD

Carol answered FP4's last question correctly- that Mickey statue apparently is very valuable, and Jeannie keeps it under lock and key.

Sorry about the big words. Just for you, I will be breaking out my purple crayon in the next post.

I think you are right about that bird being a warbler. I Google-imaged that, and saw lots of birds that looked like this yellow one. But, goodness, who knew there were so many different kinds of warblers?

OK, sorry on the VH bashing. In a different setting, I might like it, but it just doesn't seem right for those guys to be blasting that darned hippie music all over Hollywood Studios!

I too, thought it was funny how Jeannie had all the Disney characters drinking beer!

TCD

I knew the chain was there to prevent theft. Just kidding around there.

You will either be impressed or think I am a total nerd, but I actually referenced my field guide that I keep on our lanai to see about the bird. Although we are in the 'burbs, our house backs up to a preserve, so get a good variety of birds. My husband took ornithology in college and it caught on with him. I still make fun of him but secretly like to bird-watch, too.

I look forward to the crayon and dumbing down of this TR for me. I do not come on here to learn new words!

Here we are at good old 617:

Woudn't it be awesome to have a constant parade of guests going right by your camper day and night?

Some people have all the luck.

Is there an ornithologist in the house?

Anyone know what kind of bird that is?

I don't recall seeing one like it around the Fort before.

TCD

1. Just think of it as an abundance of opportunities to say "HOWDY"! It would be Flippin' Awesome! ::)

2. As lil H would say.... I had to use context clues to figure out what an ornithologist is.

Wow, who knew anyone could be so against seed pods (I can't bring myself to call them what you call them).

Step on one with your bare feet and you will know why. (That is all I have to say about that.)

It sure will be interesting to see it when it's finished.

And, as an added bonus, you will be able to look at it all you like from many places throughout the Fort.

TCD

I was going to say great photos but instead I will say.. nice job photographing an eyesore.

So what are natural feugos then? Makes one wonder.

It will be sad to see it intrude on the atmosphere of the Fort when it is done. They do get a great view of us though. Will it feel creepy knowing someone could be spying on you while you are camping?

Love all the updates I've not commented on. TR are the only way I am getting close to the Fort for a while.

Easy on the Van Halen bit there pal...Aerosmith is perhaps even more un-Disney!

I'm going against the grain here, but I agree.

First, I dig Van Halen. I see enough "Disney" singing around the world and have no idea what or where it came from. Nate hasn't been into Disney channel for about 10 years. It's a nice change to hear some rock n roll.

I have seen MS&T draw a crowd and it was that music that got people moving. :P

(Can you tell, I hate prickly balls!!)

:hah: I will add nothing to that.

Thanks for breaking out the spankula and the Gator Gnome!

Hate all the pics of the abomination. Gets worse with every trip.

Love that Jeannie did New Years decorations, Dick included!

By Dick, I mean Dick Clark

did it almost feel as if the car was coming off the track?

Almost. The last two times I've ridden it, I was in the very back. I remember both times I was glad the line was long and we were out of Fastpasses, because once was enough!

To me, it looked like a FF GG! Even Disney characters know how to party like a Fiend!

LOL!

But, they were still all in their chairs, and nothing was spilled.

I would say it looked like the beginning of a FF GG.

Why was there only one rocking chair i wonder?

I hope that gets rectified in short order.

Were those crispy crowns in the toaster oven? Love those.

Damn cranes.

Looking forward to using bobs dock and maybe adding some bobbers to his tree.

There was just one rocker in front. There were more around back. Someone had moved them.

Yes, those are Crispy Crowns. A TCD gang breakfast tradition.

I knew the chain was there to prevent theft. Just kidding around there.

You will either be impressed or think I am a total nerd, but I actually referenced my field guide that I keep on our lanai to see about the bird. Although we are in the 'burbs, our house backs up to a preserve, so get a good variety of birds. My husband took ornithology in college and it caught on with him. I still make fun of him but secretly like to bird-watch, too.

I look forward to the crayon and dumbing down of this TR for me. I do not come on here to learn new words!

I wouldn't mind knowing a little more about birds. We don't get a lot of variety where I live, though.

And, I don't remember ever seeing a warbler (if that's what that yellow bird is) at the Fort.

I am not going to dumb down this report for you, I know you're plenty smart. You're a Gator fan. That says plenty.

1. Just think of it as an abundance of opportunities to say "HOWDY"! It would be Flippin' Awesome! ::)

2. As lil H would say.... I had to use context clues to figure out what an ornithologist is.

Step on one with your bare feet and you will know why. (That is all I have to say about that.)

I was going to say great photos but instead I will say.. nice job photographing an eyesore.

Context clues? What the heck are they teaching kids these days?

Actually, I will remember that one. I like it.

I have run into those pointy things (I am not going to say balls) before. I know they hurt when you step on them.

What I did not know is that they were on gum trees. I knew sycamore trees had them, but not gum trees.

No, you shouldn't have. That is supposed to come out in due order.

Darn.

Can't unring that bell.

Hopefully nobody noticed.

I probably shouldn't have mentioned the albino monk either.

It says the Four Seasons will be WDW resort's first 5 star hotel? I'm surprised that the Grand Floridian isn't considered a 5 star hotel. It does look like quite the place, but I still don't like it.

I stayed in a Four Seasons once in Philly.

Whoa Nelllie, it was fancy!

As nice as the GF is, I think this thing is going to be on a completely different level.

I will be surprised if they will be able to fill that thing at premium prices.

But, there is a whole world of people out there who can afford this type of thing, and who can and will pay for it.

It will be interesting to see how this goes.

The thing I wonder about is if you are ridiculously wealthy and can go anywhere in the world, would WDW be very high on your list? And if you could afford it, why not get a concierge suite in the GF or another deluxe resort?

you better get to posting mister... my curiosity is peaking

Please disregard my post about a secret mission.

I wasn't supposed to say anything about it.

You know, it was a secret mission?

So what are natural feugos then? Makes one wonder.

It will be sad to see it intrude on the atmosphere of the Fort when it is done. They do get a great view of us though. Will it feel creepy knowing someone could be spying on you while you are camping?

Love all the updates I've not commented on. TR are the only way I am getting close to the Fort for a while.

I am very interested in knowing what the Fort looks like from up in that building.

One of these days I will find out.

For now, those trespassing on a construction site is a felony signs are doing the trick of keeping me out.

Fuego!

Enough already!

TCD

I'm going against the grain here, but I agree.

First, I dig Van Halen. I see enough "Disney" singing around the world and have no idea what or where it came from. Nate hasn't been into Disney channel for about 10 years. It's a nice change to hear some rock n roll.

I have seen MS&T draw a crowd and it was that music that got people moving. :P

:hah: I will add nothing to that.

Thanks for breaking out the spankula and the Gator Gnome!

Hate all the pics of the abomination. Gets worse with every trip.

Love that Jeannie did New Years decorations, Dick included!

By Dick, I mean Dick Clark

Ah, a great S70 post!

Great job!

Maybe I'm in the minority by not caring for Mulch, Sweat and Shears, but I don't think so. I'm telling you, on a regular night when they put them on that big stage, there is plenty of open space there.

Thank you Kim!!!!! I lived with thos da@#$%mn things for 15 years. I can call em anything I want!!!!

I like how that "at" sign made your cuss word into a link. I'm not clicking on it, though.

Have to say thanks to Stef. When she mentioned the spankula I knew I'd missed an update

What?

How did you miss an update?

Pay attention!

What if we all got high powered lights and point them at the hotel when finished so they cant see anything.

Great idea.

I have some ideas too.

Like making signs from the Fort pool directing the freeloaders to the Four Seasons.

Now that I know how to say fireworks in Spanish, that's going to come in handy communicating with the freeloaders!

TCD

So many things to comment on. I can't remember everything, so I'll just say...

Woo

Hoo.

And that your artistic skills were spot on the abomination. All those animation classes you've had at DHS are definitely paying off!!!

Thank you Kim!!!!! I lived with thos da@#$%mn things for 15 years. I can call em anything I want!!!!

You're very welcome! I have the same opinion of them!

Context clues? What the heck are they teaching kids these days?

Actually, I will remember that one. I like it.

I have run into those pointy things (I am not going to say balls) before. I know they hurt when you step on them.

What I did not know is that they were on gum trees. I knew sycamore trees had them, but not gum trees.

Enough already!

TCD

1. For the most part.... I have no clue.... with or without a context. At least 2-3 times a week I yell "What in the heck are they wanting you to do?!!!!! Ohhhhh... just basic division." They make it far more complicated than it needs to be!

No further comment on the gumballs, or whatever folks choose to call them. ;D

2. I know that last line wasn't aimed at me, however, VIVA FUEGO! (need to remember that one for www.)