First Christmas Trip to Disney for the Buckeye Fort Family

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right time to use them when you've got an ECV that is too heavy to lift in and out of the truck 4-6 times a day. And ANY time I'm going to Epcot cause they serve the Orange Slushies and Peach Snap! ye

Heck yeah, you can come along! Just don't wear any NASCAR stuff. We like to give the illusion that we have some class.

:rofl2: Forget it, I'm out!

They can't be perfect all the time.

Yes they can be and should be perfect. If they can't be perfect, get someone that can.

They're getting paid to play a role, play it as it is supposed to be or step aside.

I know this and maybe we caught Belle on a bad day.

Seriously, it's routinely beat into CMs that having a bad day is not an acceptable excuse for a bad performance when you're on stage.

Our Gaston's

My favorite first

Photo0001FourBySix_zps91b7e8dd.jpg

His facial expressions were awesome.

Photo0004FourBySix_zps508ef836.jpg

The best part was he only flashed a new face every time he wanted the photographer to take the picture. He was awesome! I know I said that already but he was. If you see this one ever! GET IN HIS LINE!!!

Photo0005FourBySix_zps94019a9a.jpg

This was the other guy.

Photo0015FourBySix_zps042a3f2f.jpg

He was a little brawnier, if that's a word.

Photo0021FourBySix_zps7bb817b0.jpg

The Photopass Photographer got the best Belle and Gaston pictures.

Photo0017FourBySix_zps776f1e9a.jpg

She enjoyed this more than she wants to admit.

Photo0018FourBySix_zpsbc69fa90.jpg

She may have called him Gas-stink, but she was enjoying the attention.

Photo0019FourBySix_zps1ec4cebd.jpg

From one beast to the next.

He asked the girls to dance with him.

Photo0026FourBySix_zpsc1d9de97.jpg

A few more from the "enchanted tales with Belle"

Photo0063FourBySix_zps29c354ee.jpg

They show the "theatre" better than mine do.

Photo0064FourBySix_zpsdc0c8c50.jpg

Although these are nicer pictures than mine, my opinion hasn't softened at all.

Photo0065FourBySix_zps71801254.jpg

Jake!!! I listen to Jake all day long. It was fun to meet him.

Photo0044FourBySix_zps4b69118e.jpg

Also fun to have pictures of the little guy actually meeting a character (not on Mama's hip).

Photo0049FourBySix_zpsba94608e.jpg

And another with him not being held.

Photo0050FourBySix_zps5e500cac.jpg

Then Handy Manny.

Photo0057FourBySix_zpsa5b6d059.jpg

And the LIGHTS!!!!

Photo0058FourBySix_zpsdc6c3495.jpg

And finally the Fairies.

You all know Tink

Photo0103FourBySix_zpsc78536fb.jpg

And her sister from the Winter Woods, Periwinkle.

Photo0115FourBySix_zps149f7d3a.jpg

That is all she wrote. I have no more pictures to share and thus no more trip report.

Yes they can be and should be perfect. If they can't be perfect, get someone that can.

They're getting paid to play a role, play it as it is supposed to be or step aside.

Seriously, it's routinely beat into CMs that having a bad day is not an acceptable excuse for a bad performance when you're on stage.

Lou.... you and I just might get along, yet.

Your right! It should be best foot forward ALWAYS!!!

I get annoyed when I feel that I know the character better than they do.

And then there are times you get to meet a character that just embodies it. The first Gaston we met on this trip (the one at night) was great. I enjoyed watching him meet other guests. That's how you know you nailed the part in my book (if I can watch a character meet people I don't know). We have yet to meet a Peter Pan that wasn't just perfect!

Loved ths trip report. The kids looked beautiful for the O Hana photo. Sorry for the ignorant table hoarders... I always remain aware that others are waiting. Nice way to end the trip at Chef Mickey's. I personally liked eating there, more of a nostalgic reason than a quality thing. This upcoming trip, my daughter put the thumbs down and said she didn't want to go there. Last February we were there on Valentine's Day. We observed some unexpected drama. Mickey gave Minnie a present when she came out of the back area, and apparently it was unscripted. Minnie didn't want the gift and you could see she wanted no part of it. Mickey was thrusting it at her and she took it and dropped the package and stormed off, and then managers were everywhere. Apparently there may have been a real backstory with the cast members who were playing Mickey and Minnie. The drama was kinda funny. My 12 year old at one point said " See dad.. Even Mickey and Minnie argue".

Is this a true story?!

:bravo:

Thanks for sharing this awesome TR!

You are too kind. I promise to hone my Trip Reporting Skills and do a better job next time.

Great last installment. We have enjoyed Chef Mickey's the few times we've gone. You were in Columbia? Only one hour from us! So close and yet so far.

Very fun report! Thanks for taking the time to share your trip with us. (We tend to pack a lot in too!)

We'll wave on our way through in March. We only turn twice from Ohio to FL. So we are on autopilot until Columbia.

I give this report an A+!

You did and excellent job on telling the story!

And, you also get an A+ for planning. I don't think many people would realize what an accomplishment it was that you got to do as much as you did and eat at the restaurants you did during one of the busiest times of the year. And, I think this year was especially busy.

Well done!

TCD

No constructive criticism from the master?

Planning the itineries I have to say is all BuckeyeFortFan. My planning is making sure the 5 of us stay on schedule, but he does the ADR's and crowd levels and runs for FP's most of the time. Don't get me wrong I've learned a lot and I help him sometimes talk through the "if we do this, this, and this then we should probably feel like doing this or eating here's" but he is the one who taught me.

Loved the entire report!!! I was exhausted after reading though!!!!

I hope to exhaust you more in the future, then!

Loved ths trip report. The kids looked beautiful for the O Hana photo. Sorry for the ignorant table hoarders... I always remain aware that others are waiting. Nice way to end the trip at Chef Mickey's. I personally liked eating there, more of a nostalgic reason than a quality thing. This upcoming trip, my daughter put the thumbs down and said she didn't want to go there. Last February we were there on Valentine's Day. We observed some unexpected drama. Mickey gave Minnie a present when she came out of the back area, and apparently it was unscripted. Minnie didn't want the gift and you could see she wanted no part of it. Mickey was thrusting it at her and she took it and dropped the package and stormed off, and then managers were everywhere. Apparently there may have been a real backstory with the cast members who were playing Mickey and Minnie. The drama was kinda funny. My 12 year old at one point said " See dad.. Even Mickey and Minnie argue".

I would have LOVED that too. We once saw Daisy and Donald fight at Tusker House. He backed into her completely by accident and she got mad. It was awesome. He later came over and apologized, but it took her a while to come around. Those moments are so much fun.

Bravo!! Great report!

If BFF wasn't impressed with the whistle blowing, chair climber, please let me know when he is going to show off HIS skills.

I will make a special trip, camera and video camera in hand, to see it! :rofl2:

64 days left!

I love that you call him BFF. I might have to try that here at home. I am so sure he'll LOVE it!!!

AWESOME REPORT!!

Thanks for the compliment. I was taking notes on your posts on the Trip report tutorial, hoping to make this whole process easier next time.

Awesome TR!! I couldn't get that much accomplished with just 2 kids! :whew:

It's easier the more you have, don't you know???

This was an awesome report. I hope you do another one in the Spring!

Already planning on it. Gives me one more reason to "have" to go on vacation! Twist my arm please.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...