Disney updates Fort Wilderness section of website

Disney has been updating their website bit by bit and it looks like they finally got around to the Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground section...

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/campsites-at-fort-wilderness-resort/

It's definitely a bit easier to navigate. Here are some of the key pages:

Room Rates

Dining

Recreation

Amenities

Well, the very first picture I see is a tent set up well off the pad. So I guess they really don't care where you put stuff!

LOL.

That is a pretty amazing photo. I'm not even sure it was taken at the Fort.

It's kind of odd, too, as the other new photos are much more accurate than the old ones. At least these photos are of actual campsites, and don't appear to have been photoshopped.

The new map is very good. Much more accurate than the map they hand you at the Fort. But, there are still some odd things. Like they show big RV's in the 1500 loop, and for some reason, they don't show the canal that runs between 1400 and 500/600. It would also be helpful if they put loop numbers on that map.

TCD

I also like the photo of the trail ride, where all the riders are moseying along in a nice friendly group. From what my girls told me, if you don't remain in single file they cuff you and throw you in the backseat of an Equinox.

I can totally believe that, having been S-C-R-E-A-M-E-D at by one of the trail ride guides for not stopping the car far enough away from the cross walk near the Outpost...

Sorry ma'am, didn't know there was an imaginary line I wasn't supposed to cross 100 feet back... Ok, OK, you can stop screaming now. I still haven't moved a muscle and all the horses are safely across the street! :beathorse:

(how't that for an inappropriate smiley?)

Thanks, Carol! That helps a lot! But I wish they still had the option to view the dates by rate.

And did you notice that only works on Preferred and Premium?

I think it works on what is available for the dates you pick. When I was looking, only partial was available, so it was showing the rates for partial.

I screen-capped that photo of the tent, just because it is so outrageous:

newfortphoto.jpg

I really don't think this is even at the Fort.

Where is there a canal with the water that high and clean?

It's not the canal that runs past 1500, 1600 and 1800.

I don't think it's the canal by 1300.

It's definitely not the canal that goes around 1400.

Or behind 800/900 and 2000/2100.

I thought maybe they took it out behind 300, but that doesn't look right either.

Does anyone have any ideas of anyplace in Fort Wilderness where this photo may have been taken?

TCD

I'm thinking behind the 600 loop

newfortphoto.jpg

Look close, Is that the bridge?

Zbridge.jpg

I don't see the bridge.

So, are you thinking that this water is supposed to be the Fishing Hole, and the photographer is standing with his back to the Campfire area, looking across at 600?

I don't think so. I don't think there's a grassy area like that around there.

TCD

My guess is behind either 1500, 1600 or 1700 with the water retouched for the photo.

Or maybe 1300?

2000 all the way in the back, looking over from behind 1000?

In each guess I am assuming the water has been fixed in the photo.

I thought the same thing when I first saw the new website a few weeks ago - how misleading that tent photo is!

Thanks, Carol! That helps a lot! But I wish they still had the option to view the dates by rate.

And did you notice that only works on Preferred and Premium?

I was able to bring a calender up by clicking on "view seasonal rates" under the price for each different type of campsite. $148 for a premium site at peak season, $90 was at off peak. I did view the others but of course the most expensive is what I remember.