DaveInTN's Christmas 2012 Extravaganza (AKA 700 Photos Of Anna and Food)

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great update, Dave! I loved the safari commentary. I think you should become a driver for the safari. You are a lot better than what they have there now. It's funny that you mention stopping to see sh

Don't forget Anna has LOTS of Aunts and Uncles. I think we could arrange an evening or afternoon for 2 :)

Hey Carol, for further clarification, I asked Anna. Her response was "это отстой обезьяны окурки".

Ok, time to get back on track. Let's see, it's Christmas Eve, and we've seen Donald and Santa himself at the Trails End porch, had free cookies and cider, and now we're fixing to go find some dinner. We decided to hop the bus to the Lodge and hit up Roaring Forks, one of the DaveInTN gang's favorite counter restaurants.

I really like the Lodge, especially at Christmas time. They even decorate the walkway to the bus stop nicely.

DSCN1231.JPG

We made our way directly to RF to eat, figuring there would be time to enjoy the lobby after dinner.

INC had her usual...the grilled chicken salad with apples, walnuts, cheddar and other goodniks. She really enjoys this salad.

DSCN1232.JPG

I had the pulled pork sandwich with cucumber salad. The cucumber salad was the best part of the meal. The pulled pork was just ok. I should have had my usual chili. But I was afraid of Christmas Eve Ohanas scaring Santa away.

:blowup:

DSCN1233.JPG

The kids chicken nuggets and fries...pretty standard.

DSCN1234.JPG

After dinner we wandered back to the lobby to check things out. They were giving out free cookies here too...with lemonaid instead of warm cider. I think the cider is more Christmasy.

Gwen and Stella rode the elevators up and looked down on us.

DSCN1237.JPG

I've always thought the WL Christmas tree is one of the prettiest at WDW.

DSCN1239.JPG

Notice Santa was visiting here too.

By this point it was nice and dark out, and we wanted to do some looping with my parents to show them the Fort decorations. So we bused back to the Settlement and got back on the carts.

DSCN1241.JPG

Anna loves her Nana and Grampa.

DSCN1242.JPG

DSCN1244.JPG

DSCN1245.JPG

DSCN1246.JPG

DSCN1247.JPG

This vehicle was on display in the 1100 loop (I think). It is an actual street legal vehicle...and just about the coolest thing I've seen ever.

DSCN1248.JPG

DSCN1250.JPG

Here's INC in front of it so you can see the scale.

DSCN1253.JPG

This cart was pretty cool too.

DSCN1255.JPG

DSCN1256.JPG

DSCN1257.JPG

After looping for a while, my parents headed back to their room at POR for the night, with plans to be at our place again early in the morning for gift opening.

We headed back to the trailer to get settled in and await Santa's arrival. We brought a little tree for the trailer, so Santa would have a place to put the gifts. The girls put their presents for us and each other under the tree, and we got ready for bed.

DSCN1258.JPG

DSCN1259.JPG

INC read the Christmas story to the girls before bed.

DSCN1262.JPG

We had some Christmas cookies, and we all turned in for the night. Everyone needed to get to sleep so Santa could come!

Very cool Christmas Eve!!!!!

I think Christmas morning would be cool at the Fort too. Our Christmas morning, day has gotten so low key with the boys being grown, it's almost sad, BUT Christmas Eve day and Christmas Eve is a huge whirlwind for us, so no go.

Christmas at the Fort is starting to sound nice and relaxing. For us, the holidays are always a big day for food. Big roasts, lots of side dishes, lots of "kitchen time" - wonder how that would translate to the camper? When I was a kid we travelled to FL with the trailer and I remember a beachside day with a turkey (small one) roasting in the trailer oven. Some stove top stuffing, mashed tato's and gravy and it was all good. Obviously made an impression on me I guess!

Looking forward to seeing how your gang celebrated the big day!

We once had Thanksgiving dinner in our hybrid in a Walmart parking lot on the way to the Fort - complete with turkey (parts), stuffing, mashed potatoes (made ahead and reheated), veggies and cornbread.

The nice thing about cooking at the Fort is that the weather is good and you can use a combo of the outside grill and inside stove/oven.

...and you're at the Fort!

Actually this TR may even convince DH to do Christmas at WDW. He would love the "hang around the Fort/resorts" part, and I'm sure I can scrounge up a crazy Fiend or 2 to brave the parks with me.

Actually this TR may even convince DH to do Christmas at WDW. He would love the "hang around the Fort/resorts" part, and I'm sure I can scrounge up a crazy Fiend or 2 to brave the parks with me.

You don't have to be crazy to do the parks on Christmas you just have to get up early and be the first ones to the park.

At least I don't think you have to be crazy.

Well, maybe I am crazy....

Im late to the party, but wanted to say great TR.

Here's a screenshot from Gwen's video. What do you think?

tink.png

Some. things. can. not. be. un-seen....

It's a boy!

lol! kind a looks like big "healthy"boy....lol

The videos were cool and tink is definitely a dude.

First thought that popped into my head when I saw him.

Dude!

As for the conspiracy of Tink being a dude, Im sorry to dissapoint everyone, but I know without a doubt, that Tink is a girl. If you listen closely when she is flying you can hear her screaming all the way down. She says that she loves flying during the fireworks.

Your TR is definitely making me want to put "spend Christmas at the Fort" higher up my list! :)

I'm glad we did it....once.

Very cool Christmas Eve!!!!!

I think Christmas morning would be cool at the Fort too. Our Christmas morning, day has gotten so low key with the boys being grown, it's almost sad, BUT Christmas Eve day and Christmas Eve is a huge whirlwind for us, so no go.

This is only the 2nd time in our marriage that we haven't hosted a big party on Christmas Eve. The first was shortly after Gwen's birth 15 years ago. So that felt a bit weird. But we know we'll be back into it next year. This was very likely a one time thing for us.

Looking forward to the Christmas update!

Won't be too long....either tonight or tomorrow.

Christmas at the Fort is starting to sound nice and relaxing. For us, the holidays are always a big day for food. Big roasts, lots of side dishes, lots of "kitchen time" - wonder how that would translate to the camper? When I was a kid we travelled to FL with the trailer and I remember a beachside day with a turkey (small one) roasting in the trailer oven. Some stove top stuffing, mashed tato's and gravy and it was all good. Obviously made an impression on me I guess!

Looking forward to seeing how your gang celebrated the big day!

We didn't starve...that's for sure! I love cooking on a holiday at the Fort. Have done Thanksgiving several times, and now Christmas. The smells in the loops are awesome as you walk around.

We once had Thanksgiving dinner in our hybrid in a Walmart parking lot on the way to the Fort - complete with turkey (parts), stuffing, mashed potatoes (made ahead and reheated), veggies and cornbread.

The nice thing about cooking at the Fort is that the weather is good and you can use a combo of the outside grill and inside stove/oven.

...and you're at the Fort!

I don't think you'd have much trouble finding crazy Fiends to do just about anything.

Love the tree Dave! Great touch.

Thanks! We've brought that tree to the Fort several times now. It's a little prelit one that we got 5 or 6 years ago at Walmart on an after Christmas sale....paid $7.50 for it!

You don't have to be crazy to do the parks on Christmas you just have to get up early and be the first ones to the park.

At least I don't think you have to be crazy.

Well, maybe I am crazy....

You said it, not me. :)

Ah, but for DH that IS crazy. 8)

And now Mo said it too.

Christmas Day at WDW is a great Fort day!!

And for Dave's Hijack.....I'm coming up blank on another name. So I need to find a new topic

I'm sure you'll find another hijack topic before too long.

Was that the little Russian Terror at the beginning of Gwen's video?

Gwen did an excellent job!

That sure was her....screaming in all her glory.

Im late to the party, but wanted to say great TR.

As for the conspiracy of Tink being a dude, Im sorry to dissapoint everyone, but I know without a doubt, that Tink is a girl. If you listen closely when she is flying you can hear her screaming all the way down. She says that she loves flying during the fireworks.

Screaming, huh? Like dudes can't scream.

I think we need this on tape.

Hearing is believing. 8)

The challenge has been issued.

Really enjoying reading your trip report.

It's been a long time since I've been to Disney, I only remember Walter Cronkite's voice on spaceship earth.

I think I need a trip to Florida soon.

Escape that winter weather with a trip to the World!

Mo just threw down a FF challenge....

Uh huh. This should be interesting.

Bobby says this little guy screams like a school girl at recess.

Did Bobby happen to mention whether he shaves or waxes his legs?

Me too! The pic of INC reading the Christmas Story to the girls on the couch is awesome.

Really enjoying this report! Can't wait to see if Santa comes to the Fort.

It was a nailbiter, for sure! We weren't sure whether Santa would find us....but our Elf on the Shelf made it successfully to the Fort with us, and he probably assisted Santa with the directions.

I think Tank Tink gave me temporary blindness. Ouch. Moving on.....

What a lovely Christmas Eve!!! I was afraid we were going to have to spend Christmas in the camper, only we wouldn't have been at the Fort. Being at the Fort makes all the difference. Thankfully H was able to be home with us. :whew:

I am so happy that H made it home for Christmas. It's just like a Christmas carol! I'll...be home....for Christmas.....