DaveInTN's Christmas 2012 Extravaganza (AKA 700 Photos Of Anna and Food)

Shall I explain? INC has a pretty high sensitivity to sulfides, so we don't drink much wine. We will occassionally get a bottle of organic wine that is low in sulfides and enjoy it (red only...I HATE white wine), but typically I stick to beer or scotch. Or vodka. Or whiskey, or gin (I like gin), sometimes rum, or maybe tequila...oh heck, you get the picture.

Well, I guess that's a good enough explanation. You're forgiven. :pope:

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great update, Dave! I loved the safari commentary. I think you should become a driver for the safari. You are a lot better than what they have there now. It's funny that you mention stopping to see sh

Don't forget Anna has LOTS of Aunts and Uncles. I think we could arrange an evening or afternoon for 2 :)

Hey Carol, for further clarification, I asked Anna. Her response was "это отстой обезьяны окурки".

ok, I have caught up.................I had to get over a prior post............thanks Kim and Judy for the support............of Dave that is!

You made up for it, somewhat by posting pictures of Anna and Stella along with the dock.

To say something nice, it looks like you had the Christmas vacation you were looking for and that is fantastic.

Pizza and tiramisu at Via Napoli are the best!

I'm not quite sure what to say there, Ray. :rofl3:

Shall I explain? INC has a pretty high sensitivity to sulfides, so we don't drink much wine. We will occassionally get a bottle of organic wine that is low in sulfides and enjoy it (red only...I HATE white wine), but typically I stick to beer or scotch. Or vodka. Or whiskey, or gin (I like gin), sometimes rum, or maybe tequila...oh heck, you get the picture.

I wonder if that is something I have, too? I like wine, but have to be careful. Even just one glass can give me the WORST hangover the next day. It seems to happen more with whites, and I can't drink champagne at all except for a tiny sip to toast. Cabs and merlots don't seem to bother me as much but every so often I will get a terrible headache and my sinuses get all blocked - sometimes just a couple of hours later. So, I have always stuck to beer or fruity cocktails and only have wine occasionally. It stinks because I do like it, and if it's true what has been reported about the health benefits of red wine, I would live forever!

I think we got the picture several pages ago. Oh, and next time we are both at the Fort at the same time, If you make that lasagna, I'll provide bottomless pitchers of margaritas! No crockpot, but I do have a blender in my camper. And a corkscrew (Swiss army knife! Hello?).

Now you have my picture too.

WOW!!! Just caught up.

So Glad you and your family had a great Christmas at the Fort!

Nothing shocks me, except Judy had a corkscrew!!!! Now that is shocking.

Judy has everything you could possibly think of in that RV.

Well, I guess that's a good enough explanation. You're forgiven. :pope:

That's a relief!

ok, I have caught up.................I had to get over a prior post............thanks Kim and Judy for the support............of Dave that is!

You made up for it, somewhat by posting pictures of Anna and Stella along with the dock.

To say something nice, it looks like you had the Christmas vacation you were looking for and that is fantastic.

Pizza and tiramisu at Via Napoli are the best!

The pizza may be the best...but how many z snaps does it get?

I wonder if that is something I have, too? I like wine, but have to be careful. Even just one glass can give me the WORST hangover the next day. It seems to happen more with whites, and I can't drink champagne at all except for a tiny sip to toast. Cabs and merlots don't seem to bother me as much but every so often I will get a terrible headache and my sinuses get all blocked - sometimes just a couple of hours later. So, I have always stuck to beer or fruity cocktails and only have wine occasionally. It stinks because I do like it, and if it's true what has been reported about the health benefits of red wine, I would live forever!

I think we got the picture several pages ago. Oh, and next time we are both at the Fort at the same time, If you make that lasagna, I'll provide bottomless pitchers of margaritas! No crockpot, but I do have a blender in my camper. And a corkscrew (Swiss army knife! Hello?).

Now you have my picture too.

Bottomless margaritas? Sounds like a plan!

You know I have to show the love. .........to Dave. :rofl2:

J/K Robert, you know I :heart: you too, especially when you are kept in a box.

J/K again. I can't stop!! :)) .

You're killing me! :rofl3:

:smartass:

Oh c'mon BobInTheBox (should be your new username, by the way), she's hilarious!

:bighug: Hee hee hee...

Don't hug the Box.

Is it really possible to keep Bob in a Box?

It is...but it's getting increasingly difficult to keep him on that damn island. The Island of Misfit Fiends. :rofl2:

Loved all the Anna pics. My all time favorite ones though are the ones where she is walking with your parents holding their hands. :heartsmiley:

Thanks Yvonne! I love those pictures too. I'm glad we were able to spend that time together.

I am having so much fun reading your TR. I wish I could be at the Fort for Christmas and I will be trying the crockpot lasagna

Thanks for reading, Bo. I hope you like the lasagna! I like it cause it's so easy.

get back to the report, this thing is long enough without a hijack!

You tell im Bob!!!

Hey! Lay off! I've been busy with doctor appointments, school meetings, work, and now shutting my office down for an ice storm that will probably not hit anyways. I'll get to an update this evening. And maybe BobInTheBox will make a reappearance.

Sounds like y'all had an awesome Christmas at the fort! So glad you were able to spend time with your parents too! Anna is too cute!

Thanks! It was a nice time...and I think Anna is cute too. It's a good thing she is, cause when she's naughty is keeps her from getting shipped back. :rofl2:

Oh c'mon BobInTheBox (should be your new username, by the way), she's hilarious!

Don't hug the Box.

It is...but it's getting increasingly difficult to keep him on that damn island. The Island of Misfit Fiends. :rofl2:

1. Don't worry about BobInTheBox . The :smartass: comment is like a term of endearment. I feel the love. (not to mention it's a little true. Shocked? I know ... I know..) ;D

2. Is is Fraaahhhh jeeee leee?

3. King Moonracer to the rescue! ;D

. King_Moonracera-2.jpg

I'll get to an update this evening. And maybe BobInTheBox will make a reappearance.

*Cue Island of Misfit music*

... typically I stick to beer or scotch. Or vodka. Or whiskey, or gin (I like gin), sometimes rum, or maybe tequila...oh heck, you get the picture.

Which is just another reason why one of these years we need to run into each other. Have I mentioned the camper has a bar? 8)

316137_2584131569746_834545867_n.jpg

The Island of Misfit Fiends. :rofl2:

I'm pretty sure that if someone took a photo on the island, it would rival TCD's crowd pics from NYE at Epcot!

1. Don't worry about BobInTheBox . The :smartass: comment is like a term of endearment. I feel the love. (not to mention it's a little true. Shocked? I know ... I know..) ;D

2. Is is Fraaahhhh jeeee leee?

3. King Moonracer to the rescue! ;D

. King_Moonracera-2.jpg

*Cue Island of Misfit music*

I am LOLing at your moonracer photo. My nickname at work at one time was King Moonracer, because I oversaw an office full of misfits. :rofl3:

Which is just another reason why one of these years we need to run into each other. Have I mentioned the camper has a bar? 8)

316137_2584131569746_834545867_n.jpg

Love the bar. Very nice.

I do love the bar. I remember back when I first heard of your accident, after determining that y'all and the dogs were ok, my next thought went to those poor bottles of liquor. Please tell me they were safely boxed up and weren't injured in the accident? I shuddered to think what would happen had the flying toilet taken them out.

Please tell me they were safely boxed up and weren't injured in the accident? I shuddered to think what would happen had the flying toilet taken them out.

They were all completely unharmed as they travel safely packed inside one of the dog crates.

They were a bit shaken perhaps, but hey.... martinis!

Ok, time to get back on track. Let's see, it's Christmas Eve, and we've seen Donald and Santa himself at the Trails End porch, had free cookies and cider, and now we're fixing to go find some dinner. We decided to hop the bus to the Lodge and hit up Roaring Forks, one of the DaveInTN gang's favorite counter restaurants.

Since when does a Buffalo boy say "fixing to"?

Guess you've been in the South for as long as you lived up North and now you're a little bit of both like I am!

Guess you've been in the South for as long as you lived up North and now you're a little bit of both like I am!

eh, he put the "g" on there, so he's not totally Southern!!!

The correct term is "fixin to"

They were all completely unharmed as they travel safely packed inside one of the dog crates.

They were a bit shaken perhaps, but hey.... martinis!

Whew! I'm glad you cared for them properly.

eh, he put the "g" on there, so he's not totally Southern!!!

The correct term is "fixin to"

Yeah....35 years in Buffalo and 10 in TN. I've picked up some Southern talk, but I'm not about to lose proper spelling!

Awesome! I'm running out in a few mins to get Starla from work. Maybe there'll be new pics when I get back. :jumpforjoy

We're supposed to get ice & snow tonight too. We get notified of cancellations/delays by automated text & emails now. It's nice for early closures but I miss the excitement & anticipation of watching the news before dawn, waiting for the right county school system to scroll by. Yelling YESSSSS all alone after reading an email just doesn't have that same celebratory snow day feel to it...

On Dec 26th, we decided to head over to the Magic Kingdom for the first time this trip. We wanted to check out New Fantasyland, and of course ride BTMR and Space Mtn.

We didn't set any alarms to try to hit rope drop or anything. We've done that in the past, but just weren't feeling it this trip. So we got up around 7, had some breakfast and coffee, hung out a bit and then headed to the marina.

Here comes our boat!

DSCN1337.JPG

Gwen got into the Magic Kingdom spirit with her outfit today.

DSCN1338.JPG

Ya think this boat needs some sprucing up?

DSCN1339.JPG

That's kind of disgraceful for a Disney boat, in my opinion.

Poor Anna wasn't too happy this morning.

DSCN1340.JPG

That would all change soon enough though. We were headed here!!

DSCN1342.JPG

It's always magical getting your first look at Main Street on a trip.

DSCN1343.JPG

Where to head to first?? Hmmmmm, how about here?

DSCN1344.JPG

I took Anna on the Magic Carpets.

DSCN1345.JPG

DSCN1346.JPG

While Gwen and Stella rode together.

DSCN1347.JPG

We all rode Pirates afterward, then headed over to BTMR.

Stella LOVES Big Thunder. In fact, up to this point, this was her favorite ride in all of Disney World. I know when I was 6, I wouldn't ride anything nearly that big. My favorite ride then probably would have been Dumbo or something. But Stella has been raised on theme parks.

I stayed back with Anna while the others went to ride. Anna and I waited at the picture spot by the ride exit.

DSCN1350.JPG

I wanted to try to get a picture of the ladies as they went by.

Here they come. They are in the 3rd car of this train.

DSCN1351.JPG

They can see me. Izzy's waving.

DSCN1352.JPG

After they exited, INC and I switched spots and the rest of us rode.

DSCN1353.JPG

DSCN1354.JPG

That is a fun ride, for sure.

After Big Thunder, we strolled over toward Liberty Square. I wanted to see just how visible that Tangled tower is.

It's pretty visible.

DSCN1355.JPG

I still don't know how I feel about that. It definitely looks like it fits in when standing near small world, but from the riverboat landing or Columbia Harbor House....not so much.

Anyways, I got over it quickly and went to ride HM.

DSCN1356.JPG

DSCN1358.JPG

Overall, the lines this day were not bad. I wasn't sure what to expect the day after Christmas, but I think a lot of people were at the stores returning gifts. We got a lot done this day.

We made our way into Fantasyland. We may have ridden small world at this point...we rode it several times this trip as Anna LOVES it. But I don't have a photo at this point. I do know that we made our way over to the carousel.

DSCN1359.JPG

DSCN1361.JPG

DSCN1362.JPG

DSCN1363.JPG

DSCN1364.JPG

DSCN1365.JPG

DSCN1366.JPG

Is that enough Anna pics for now?

I need a ruling from Nicki on that before we can move on.

Actually, I do need to move on. And that's all the Anna pics I have on the carousel.

I like this pic of Stella...even though it's too dark.

DSCN1367.JPG

Oh wait, I lied.

I do have more Anna pics.

DSCN1368.JPG

DSCN1369.JPG

DSCN1370.JPG

NOW I'm done.

And I have none of her sucking her toe on the carousel.

It's time to go check out New Fantasyland.

But I'm at the picture limit. So that will have to wait for the next update. An update which I predict will create quite a stir, and possibly cause a break in the Fiend ranks. Friendships may be strained. Jen may have to move this trip report to the Debate board. I am going to give an opinion which is sure to ruffle some feathers.

Stay tuned....