Solo trip, 5k and the Fort in January

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So before I start getting any angry PM's that I haven't started my trip report yet I figure I better get going. This trip was very different for me for a few reasons. The biggest one being because I w

Continuing on..It's 5k day. I had my alarm set to wake me up at 4:30. I was supposed to meet up with Ed to ride over with him but we had separately realized the day before that they actually were run

Usually I am not....as it turns out drop me in DIsney World with no car, No wife to watch out for and a pay day and things change...as well will see over the next few days of the trip.

After I got cleaned up I decided to head to MK to get some breakfast. I had something I wanted to try. The boat ride over was quiet. I think one of my favorite things about staying at the Fort is the boat to MK.

When I arrived I headed up Main St. to get something new to me.

DSC02636_zps06708656.jpg

A cinnamon roll from the Main St Bakery. Despite being hungry I had to grab a pic for SIlvia. So I managed to stop after that first bite to grab a picture. I had also decided after my walk that morning I needed something besides sugar and carbs so I grabbed one of these as well.

DSC02637_zpsd6f3883e.jpg

Ham, egg, and cheese Croissant from the Main Street Bakery.

The cinnamon roll was great and a fresh tray had just come out as I walked up so it was nice and warm. This was on the 11th and I know they close to add in Starbucks. I hope thecinnamon rolls remain on the menu when they reopen. The Croissant was buttery and flaky and the ham, egg, and cheese were just what I needed. I left feeling satisfied. I headed over and grabbed a fastpass for Little Mermaid and then headed into Mickey's Philharmagic. Enjoyed that show as usual but I realized I was still tired from my 5k and full from the food. I found myself dozing in there a little bit. I headed over to the Little Mermaid and had a few minutes to kill before my fastpass was ready. Then I headed in.

DSC02638_zps926b1655.jpg

DSC02639_zpsc571d138.jpg

DSC02640_zpsca003ab5.jpg

DSC02641_zps3bf61bef.jpg

DSC02642_zpsc7a8989f.jpg

DSC02643_zps892c5220.jpg

DSC02644_zps0649b2bc.jpg

DSC02645_zpsc2d70e0e.jpg

Look! It's the backside of water...wait wrong ride.

DSC02646_zps476bc026.jpg

I was trying to be fancy and get Cinderella Castle in the backside of water shot but it didnt work out as nice as I hoped it would.

Continuing on and in

Random floor shot

DSC02647_zps32738558.jpg

DSC02648_zpsc767c8ee.jpg

DSC02649_zps56599b88.jpg

Oh and I shot a video for SIl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpX8GX4_tEw

From there i headed into Storybook circus to look around. I had to go the long way around though because the pathway was closed.

DSC02650_zps8be040ec.jpg

DSC02651_zps4893377d.jpg

DSC02652_zps873ca0e2.jpg

DSC02653_zps8c6075bf.jpg

DSC02654_zps8343ed23.jpg

DSC02655_zps48f35e41.jpg

I realized I was pretty tired so I headed back to the Fort at this point and ran into Genia and Tonay as they were waiting on the boa to the Contemporary. I told them about my morning and the 5k and said goodby as their boat pulled up. I headed back to the campsite and pulled up a chair in the shade. Curt and Jody had left earlier so I had the site all to myself for a little while anyway.

It was nice and peaceful at the site and I dozed off in the chair reading a book.

I will pick it up from there in my next installment.

So new chant

Update JasonUpdate JasonUpdate JasonUpdate JasonUpdate JasonUpdate JasonUpdate JasonUpdate JasonUpdate JasonUpdate JasonUpdate JasonUpdate JasonUpdate JasonUpdate JasonUpdate JasonUpdate JasonUpdate JasonUpdate JasonUpdate JasonUpdate JasonUpdate Jason

Okay if you insist.

Hey I noticed your time between mile 1 and 2. One second shy of twenty minutes. That's awesome. I was talking to my doctor about start a walking regiment. And she told me to walk a mile and a half in 30 minutes about 3-4 times a week. Keep it up. I know it's not easy.

Bravo! Bravo!

Hey I noticed your time between mile 1 and 2. One second shy of twenty minutes. That's awesome. I was talking to my doctor about start a walking regiment. And she told me to walk a mile and a half in 30 minutes about 3-4 times a week. Keep it up. I know it's not easy.

Bravo! Bravo!

Yeah I lost some time on that second mile taking the sunrise picture and with the bottle necks of entering the world showcase.

I was still happy with my overall pace though.

Jason, I think it's amazing that you would do the 5k and I'm sure your family really appreciates you honoring her that way. And with a hurt knee...you seem like a great guy. I enjoyed your videos on stef's tr.

And yes, Dave a smb are now a package deal.

I'm back and caught up Jason!

Cinnamon roll... :drool1:

I love how much Sil would call while you were there and that you shot videos for her. So sweet. :heart:

Waiting for more, please!

update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update

update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update

update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update

update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update

What he said.

I'm back and caught up Jason!

Cinnamon roll... :drool1:

I love how much Sil would call while you were there and that you shot videos for her. So sweet. :heart:

Waiting for more, please!

Working on one now.

awesome tr so far. thanks for sharing - i only look at pics. lol and now i really want a cinnamon roll from msb.....

Sorry I didnt take more pics on this trip. A couple more left though.

:wave1:

:wave1:

In my best Chunk from Goonies voice....."HEY YOUUUU GUYYYSSS!!!!!!!!

I mean hey Jason...............

Baby Ruth?

Would you stop with the Food pictures of kitties! I'm on a diet and it's killing me! I'm going out to get a shaved ice. Wonder if they have them in diet?

Sorry Curt. The public would lynch me if I didn't have a couple.

ummm...do you want an update?

You too? Jeesh you people are demanding.

What he said.

Alright already. I am working on one now.

When last I left you I was taking a nap. Then some people came along clamoring for an update so here we go.

After my nap I was hungry so I decided to hop on the boat over to Wilderness Lodge for some lunch.

Angus BACON Cheeseburger anyone?

DSC02656_zps11ac7901.jpg

With a Triple Chocolate Cupcake?

DSC02658_zps1af12336.jpg

Lunch was good. I also had a side of chicken tenders with them mostly cause I wanted to try them and I was still hungry from burning so much energy that morning. I had the adult tenders and they were good. Nice and crispy with real chicken inside..the kids ones did not look as good bu since I did not have them I can not pass judgement,

With dinner finished I headed back to the Fort. I hung out at Stef's site yet again that night. At one point I was wondering if I was visiting too much but I quickly realized if she didn't want me around she would have said something. Had some more Jello Shots and I believe some Apple Pie moonshine and enjoyed some good times hanging with Fiends.

Sometime close to 11 I headed to bed. The next day would be Jordans party and some more hanging. I wanted to be rested up for that.

The next morning I woke up and was relaxing for a few around the campsite when I notice I had a small visitor.

DSC02659_zpsa4f4c89c.jpg

He was about 5 feet from my chair and just checking things out. He flew off when I got up to go unplug the cart and put the charger in the tent. When i lifted the cover on the outlets I found I had another visitor.

DSC02660_zpsb0d79a88.jpg

I unplugged the charger and left him to hang out after warning him if he wasnt careful he might turn into Frog's Legs.

I headed over to Stef's to see if they had headed out to Epcot yet as I thought that would be a fun day. We all headed out to Epcot and had a great time. They introduced Jordan to Test Track while Donnie and I grabbed lunch and then we all headed over to Soarin and introduced most of Stef's crew to that one. It seemed to be enjoyed by all. My favorite part was when my feet touched the ground again.

After that we headed to the World Showcase. On the way we encountered a sight for cranky bus drivers eyes.

DSC02662_zps132737d1.jpg

A broken down Monorail.

We had an abbreviated around the world run. Donnie got a Guiness I think in England. I had a Grey Goose Citroen in France, It gets a little more blurry after that. I know I had a Canto Loopy in China, one of my favorite beverages if you like Cantolupe (sp.) you will love this drink. And then Jordan and Nate had Fiesta Margeritas I believe. Then we headed back to the Fort.

Before leaving I needed one more shot of one of my favorite sights.

DSC02661_zpse780325d.jpg

Once there I headed off to my site for a while to figure out what I wanted to do. I decided what I really wanted to do was make sure Jordan had a good time at his party. I made sure my video camera and regular camera had a good charge and then headed off to Stef's to see if I could help with set up. Genia and Tony and I , along with Stef and Trevor got everything setup and looking nice for Jordan. I wont copy the videos here but if you are interested in seeing them and no kids are around go check out Stef's Red, White and Boo at the Fort trip report.. They are all in there. I will however post a food pic I found

DSC02664_zps9f9c2d60.jpg

If I remember right Stef made Macaroni Salad, Buffalo Chicken Dip, Large Italian Grinders, Meatballs in grape jelly in the crockpot and some other things. Later we had some C-A-K-E with some more fiends and even Judy came by and helped us celebrate in her own unique way. It was a great tieme. I did get one shot of Jordan during the party but I don't think he was to happy with me for it. Oh well.

DSC02663_zps156aca43.jpg

Sometime later that night I headed back and went to bed. It was my last night a the Fort and I had to pack up in the morning.

:jumpforjoy Good job on getting a food pic! I had forgotten that I made macaroni salad and I never did get a shot of the subs until they were almost gone.

Visiting too much?! No way, we enjoyed every minute with you.

In the short time that you've known me, you got me figured out. I would have ran off somewhere had I had enough of you.

Jordo didn't mind the pic, he's used to it!

Canto loopy is on my list of drinks for my next Epcot trip. Delicious....and healthy, right? I mean, it's fruit, it's got to be good for you. ^-^

I will be eternally grateful for all your help that week!!