Next Gen, MyMagic+, what is it?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm sure Disney will come out with a version that also doubles as a wrist watch. I better get credit for that idea if they do.

In true Disney fashion, I expect a whole new line of tin foil ear hats!

Should I be worried that Sheryl Sandberg, the COO of Facebook, is on the Disney board? Facebook is so good when it come to matters of privacy. Will these Magicbands automatically identify me as bein

I would imagine instead of handling it at the turnstyles, the CM will have to go to a ticket window and get 1,2, or 3 RFID tickets printed

I hope not. That means standing in two lines. One to get the tickets which unless they have a special line just for CM tickets, can be really long at times, and then the regular line to enter the park.

O.K.  I am so confused now that I have no idea what is going on....I know I am tired for lack of sleep and working with the old RV today (I did very little as Melissa and Carol did all the hard work) but someone needs to expalin all this to me in the way you to a 1st grader....o.k. maybe a 4 year old.  I don't understand what the RFID tickets are or any of the other things being discussed.

Help this old lady please.........

MM_zps8677f279.jpg

Just the basics. There are subtle nuances to some of the elements, but I'm focusing on the main features

Because it's still in the testing mode, none of it is final, and some of it will change.

The word is that the entire program should be completely rolled out by the end of the year.

IMO, it's not that complicated and will make sense the more you use it. Some of it is optional, so you can use what you understand, and hold off on the stuff that you're not clear on until you arrive at WDW.

Don't worry that you won't be able to use it. They have, or will setup, locations in the parks staffed with CMs specifically there just to help out with the transition. 

MyMagic+

is the name of overall program.

For guests, it's made up of the 7 elements above.

My Disney Experience

is the account you set up online. Everything related to your visit can be done on there. You can access it on a computer or on a smartphone. But you can still call and make arrangements as you have in the past. I've used it a lot, and for me, it's worked well.

MagicBand

is the dreaded bracelet. It's also optional. You can opt for a RFID enabled card instead. It's similar and replaces the KTTW card.

It has an RFID tag embedded in it. Like the KTTW card, you can opt for it to be your park tickets, opt to have charging privileges, it's your room key, resort gate entry card, PhotoPass+ card, and FastPass+ card.

FastPass+

replaces the existing FP system. No more paper tickets. You'll use the MagicBand or the optional RFID enabled card instead. You can opt to make 3, and depending on tests, maybe more, Fastpass entries before arriving. If you don't want to reserve FPs, you can select them at any time either on a smartphone or at one of the kiosks in the park. They can be changed the same way.

Park, room, and resort entry

You can use either the MagicBand or the optional RFID enabled card, no difference.

Payment experience

You can opt to have charging privileges on the MagicBand or optional RFID enabled card. You will have to establish a PIN number.

PhotoPass+

I'm not going into the details of the PhotoPass+ program, just as it relates to MyMagic+. Instead of using the current card, it will eventually use the MagicBand or optional RFID enabled card.

Resort Experience

is where CMs armed with IPads, may be able to do a lot of the front desk tasks without you needing to go to the front desk. They are being used at the Fort.

Another future feature of the MyMagic+ program will be the MyCinnamonRoll+ app, which will allow you to pre-order cinnamon rolls up to 180 days prior to arrival.  The only negative aspect of this program is that they actually bake the cinnamon rolls when you order them, so they may be just a stale, slightly pork and maple flavored mess by the time you get them.  You probably won't notice the difference. 

Another future feature of the MyMagic+ program will be the MyCinnamonRoll+ app, which will allow you to pre-order cinnamon rolls up to 180 days prior to arrival.  The only negative aspect of this program is that they actually bake the cinnamon rolls when you order them, so they may be just a stale, slightly pork and maple flavored mess by the time you get them.  You probably won't notice the difference. 

I'll pass and instead schedule a FP+ time for the Fixins bar at Cosmic Rays.