Some new stuff in Transportation

The new bus color scheme is a silver/grey with red highlights. It's kinda of retro theme.

Two buses have the new look for evaluation, so be on the lookout. All new buses will be ordered with the new paint scheme and eventually the existing buses will be repainted. IMO, it's a much better looking exterior.

And speaking of new buses, 24 more of the standard buses have been ordered and, this is big, 12 articulating buses have been ordered. The articulating buses will only be used at the value resorts and to augment the TTC to MK monorails during heavy periods or when the monorails are down. There are currently 319 buses.

With the articulating buses, new bus stops are needed. At MK, an additional bus stop area is being built. It will run parallel to the two existing bus zones and closest to the lake.

And even though there will be an additional bus area, there are no plans to run the MK to AK or the MK to DHS buses from that new area. A new Que design will be required as buses will be loaded by all doors.

This approach, if successful, may be carried over to existing bus stops.

Buena Vista Drive will be going through an extreme makeover..

Reducing the number of crosswalks on Seven Seas Drive.

Monorail pilotless system. No more lever pushers.

Loading two ferrys at the same time during very busy times of the year.

Cameras on buses.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wait, what? Is Lou saying he has hot pants?

The new bus color scheme is a silver/grey with red highlights. It's kinda of retro theme. Two buses have the new look for evaluation, so be on the lookout. All new buses will be ordered with the new p

Too late, I am rich and famous, in my own mind, and I have forgotten all of you, but that's probably because of Alzheimers setting in.

Cameras on buses.

Oh no....this could mean yet another reality show to hit the airwaves......"true confessions of the Disneyworld bus"

Seriously though, these all sound like reasonable/feasible improvements. That, in and of itself, makes me concerned that mgt will never let it off the drawing board.

Cool info Captain Lou. Thanks for sharing.

Cameras focused on passengers or on the drivers? What was their time frame for the new bus stop at MK?

None are focused on the passengers and none are being watched real time by anyone. It's recording the buses and drivers actions and will be used if an issue arises.

Tentative timetable for the new bus loop is later this year, but it's a big project, so it will probably go well into next year

Seriously though, these all sound like reasonable/feasible improvements. That, in and of itself, makes me concerned that mgt will never let it off the drawing board.

This is not a wish list. All are off the drawing board and currently in the works. Some have already been completed..

The session was conducted by the head of all WDW Transportation and he was adamant .

Whew, now I can scratch my nose and not worry about it looking like you know what from the wrong angle. :D

Will everyone be trained to drive the bigger bus or will be a limited number of drivers? If limited, are you going to be one?

Will everyone be trained to drive the bigger bus or will be a limited number of drivers? If limited, are you going to be one?

Only certain drivers will be trained on the articulated buses. There will only be 12 of those buses so only 40 or 50 of the 1500 drivers will be needed to drive them.

And even though I have an impeccable safety record, 2 safe driver awards, and more written commendations than most full time drivers, I can almost guarantee that I won't come close to even be considered.

Thats pretty cool news. I do have to mention that i Instal the Cameras on our fire trucks and have noticed that they are already on some of the busses they are above the driver outside and front door as well as one facing forward on the dashboard. I never noticed any others but there always running on a constant loop of about five hours and are downloaded after any significant event. they record bus speed, rate of deceleration, breaking and crash info. most inter city buss also record passenger compartment and driver compartment. I assume the disney buss do as well.

Do you want be?

We can all write letters about your excellent customer service, attention to detail and knowledge of all things Disney.

Don't drag all of us into your lying to WDW scheme. Some of us have scruples. :rofl3:

they record bus speed, rate of deceleration, breaking and crash info

If they record anything other than images, I'm not aware of it.

most inter city buss also record passenger compartment and driver compartment. I assume the disney buss do as well.

They don't record the passenger compartment at all.

I would bet you will see inside the buses coverage soon just as a liability thing

Incidents on WDW buses are almost non existent so I'm thinking that it wouldn't be cost efficient.

It's a totally different ridership than on a transit or school bus.

this is one of the companies that makes these systems they can do more then you could imagine

It sure is.

Come on, Lou... just think of how many people you could cram into an articulated bus!! :smug:

That never crossed my mind. I'm going to have to rethink this not wanting to drive one thing.

The articulated buses would be easier to find too..... if say a bunch of Wild Womenz were planning on finding a certain bus driver