Some new stuff in Transportation

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wait, what? Is Lou saying he has hot pants?

The new bus color scheme is a silver/grey with red highlights. It's kinda of retro theme. Two buses have the new look for evaluation, so be on the lookout. All new buses will be ordered with the new p

Too late, I am rich and famous, in my own mind, and I have forgotten all of you, but that's probably because of Alzheimers setting in.

Great updates you provide, do you know when the new Novabus artics will enter service since I have heard romours they are due very soon?

Thanks and welcome aboard Ma44hew94. Looks like your a railroad person.

I'm curious why you think the articulating buses will be Nova buses? That is what was tested, but I can tell you with absolute certainty that the 12 articulating buses will not be Novas and that is a good thing. Because if they're anything like the Nova buses that are in service now, they're junk. Most drivers, not all, do not like the Nova bus and the mechanics don't as well.

A date was not given for the 12 buses except that they have been ordered. There is more to the story, but I won't bore everyone with that.

Thanks for the welcomes everyone! I have an interest in all forms of transport including buses and monorails, but ofcourse also Disney!

I suppose I just imagined they would be Nova's since that was the demonstrator, though I read that on the Wikipedia article there will also be New Flyer artics, though not sure if there is much truth behind this. Personally I prefer the Novas from the point of view as a passenger due to the seating layout and I also find the Gilligs can be a bit rough under braking, however I have heard numerous drivers disliking the Novas! Hopefully whichever vehicles have been ordered will be there by the time I visit at the end of June.

I suppose I just imagined they would be Nova's since that was the demonstrator, though I read that on the Wikipedia article there will also be New Flyer artics, though not sure if there is much truth behind this.

The way I worded my answer about the 12 articulating buses not being Nova buses was a trick answer. They've ordered 6 from one supplier and 6 from another supplier. The word is that which ever one works out best will be the buses they'll keep and return the others. They'll replace those with 6 of the model that they did like. So, I could accurately say that the 12 buses will not be Nova buses. At the very most it would be six, but I hope it's none.

Lynx in Orlando has been using NABI artics and maybe if they've been happy with those, that's one the models Disney will try. They look great too.

I thought that the articulating Nova bus that was tested lacked in looks department.

Personally I prefer the Novas from the point of view as a passenger due to the seating layout and I also find the Gilligs can be a bit rough under braking, however

Very interesting because to most drivers, it's the Nova bus that has the worst brake retarder system of any bus at WDW.

At moderate to higher speeds, it doesn't allow you to coast by taking your foot of the accelerator without the retarder kicking in immediately. It's very annoying and a lot of drives can't manage it thereby giving you a herky-jerky ride. And to boot, every time you lift, the brake lights come on. It's annoying for anyone following the bus. It's not the drivers fault. I think it might be a Canadian mandated feature.

The Gilligs on the other hand don't have the same system and are much more driver friendly and mechanic friendly as well. That's why only Gilligs have been ordered. You can coast without the retarder and brake lights coming on.

Depending on when you were here, I'm guessing that the rough braking you experienced was due to the retarder on the most recent Gillig purchases not being set properly. They were pretty bad at first, but have gotten much better.

Hopefully whichever vehicles have been ordered will be there by the time I visit at the end of June.

Depending on where you're staying, you may have to seek out the new buses if they have arrived by then. I think they will.

They'll be used at the value resorts during opening and closing and on the TTC to MK route.

Because a lot of Fiends have met me, they know that the only way I'd ever have hot pants would be if I got too close to a lit BBQ grill.

I've met you Lou, and to that I have to say "Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're a tremendous slouch".

Because a lot of Fiends have met me, they know that the only way I'd ever have hot pants would be if I got too close to a lit BBQ grill.

There is no way to answer this one because

it would inflate your ego more

infuriate the lawyer you sleep with

ruin your street cred (which you know I'd never do :rofl2:)

So just stay away from the BBQ pit.... :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: