Stef Has A Need For Speed!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very cool! Thanks for taking us to the track with you. I love it! Though, I must admit, I had trouble following along after this: Holy WOW. Molto Delizioso! I had more comments, but now I have for

And they lived happily ever after. Nice work. I'm thinking of hosting a watch party this year for Daytona. I've been getting more and more into it each, but apparently my driver can't get past 8th. An

Dang Stef, you're really heating this board up with all this Italian sizzle!!! Thank you!!!

Shame to hear about Dario and Ashley. Did they ever have any children?

So JPM anchored the winning leg for his team? Guess they kept the track drying truck out of his way this time?

I am following along and watch racing with DH.

He prefers F1 but we watch NASCAR also.

I so enjoy watching the nice looking men... I mean the pretty cars!

Love those accents!

We went to this 1st night race at Daytona. It was the year they had to reschedule because of all the fires along I-4.

It is an experience and we were able to see Darrell Waltrip and Dale Sr. racing.

He looks like an accountant (no offense, Dave).

TCD

:)) Poor Dave.

A lot of the drivers do look like this. Driving any race car is very demanding on the body. SO much so, that most of them are into running, biking, swimming & LIGHT weight training. Bulky muscles only get in the way.

When he is called "most successful driver" it is because he won 4 consecutive championships. Todays cars (of any class) are so "cookie-cutter" and most of them have big sponsors with endless money supplies, therefore it's very difficult to win year after year. It's a pretty even playing field.

Jimmie Johnson's record of 5 in a row will be tough to beat, for the very same reasons. The closest anyone has come to that was Cale Yarborough, with 3 in a row, in 1976-1978.

SiriusXM NASCAR Radio reported this morning that he won't be Mr. Ashley Judd for much longer. They are separating after 11 years of marriage.

WOW, sorry to hear that. I hate to see anyone's marriage end. Thanks for that info.

The good news is: LADIES, there's hope for us average women! :))

I am enjoying the TR, had several comments, but then I saw something Italian and lost my capacity for thought. :))

Kim, don't feel bad, it happens!

I'm only trying to appeal to everyone with this report. ;)

Did you see this guy......Loves the Italian racers.

Guido-web.jpg

Good stuff! He's just as cute...for different reasons.

Thanks for poppin in!

Love the food pics.

Not so much the driver pics.

Pics of Mrs. Dario would be better than pics of Mr. Ashley.

8080BD0F-1066-4870-9A08-46001AACB0C1-8585-00000AC3C8616BC5_zpsfa1b14ce.jpg

Hey, I don't swing that way, but I can appreciate a beautiful woman, and she IS beautiful!!

I beg to differ. Dario is a dream..... my dream. Oppsss did I actually post that... Shamelessly I did

You shameless girl! :P

If someone says that they don't look at other men/women, they're lying!

It's human nature, and Dario is a fine specimen.

Dang Stef, you're really heating this board up with all this Italian sizzle!!! Thank you!!!

Shame to hear about Dario and Ashley. Did they ever have any children?

So JPM anchored the winning leg for his team? Guess they kept the track drying truck out of his way this time?

You're welcome, it was my pleasure...literally!

No kids for D&A. I would imagine their lives would be tough on a marriage. Her acting, him racing, both traveling. In "stardom" though, 11 years is a LONG time.

No, no jet dryers in Juan's way. They did a great job! Not only tough on the drivers, but for a car to run 24 hours at those speeds, without fail, is amazing.

I am following along and watch racing with DH.

He prefers F1 but we watch NASCAR also.

I so enjoy watching the nice looking men... I mean the pretty cars!

Love those accents!

We went to this 1st night race at Daytona. It was the year they had to reschedule because of all the fires along I-4.

It is an experience and we were able to see Darrell Waltrip and Dale Sr. racing.

Woohoo, a race fan!

I'm the opposite. I LOVE Nascar, and watch others periodically. It usually takes some kind of draw to make me check out another series. I got into the Rolex in 2009 when Jimmie drove. Its great to see them drive in other series. So different than what they're used to.

Thanks for riding along with me!

After lunch we made our way to the tram gates. Driver introductions were at 2:00 and we wanted to see that.

Rolex5KJan2013109.jpg

Notice Trevor's fancy backpack...ok, it's mine he was carrying. Shocker, huh?

Rolex5KJan2013110.jpg

Waiting on a tram. (Genia! Look! Satan's swings!!)

Rolex5KJan2013108.jpg

While waiting they had a couple cars drifting. If you've never seen that, it's pretty darn cool.

Burning rubber, sideways through the turns....awesome.

Rolex5KJan2013111.jpg

Through the infield, Club 24 was hopping! No time for that, now.

Rolex5KJan2013114.jpg

The ferris wheel, which was equipped with all new LED lights this year. Looked really cool at night!

Rolex5KJan2013115.jpg

WARNING TCD: there may be hippies in here.....

Rolex5KJan2013116.jpg

Back at the grandstands, we picked a spot to sit...for now. One BIG difference at this race is it's all general admission. For a place that seats 170,000, that leaves a lot of empty seats! It's great to be able to move from place to place.

Sit at the chicane where they have to brake into a corner or sit at the start/finish line where they are at top speeds. Whatever your racing heart desires.

Track looking toward turn 1

Rolex5KJan2013117.jpg

Looking toward turn 4.

Rolex5KJan2013118.jpg

As they prepared for driver intros, the tri-oval filled with fans. (Another reason we wanted to get out of there, as those fans would soon be waiting on a tram to come back to the grandstands)

Rolex5KJan2013120.jpg

Rolex5KJan2013119.jpg

Rolex5KJan2013124.jpg

Rolex5KJan2013123.jpg

Driver intros began. A couple shots for you.

Rolex5KJan2013127.jpg

Rolex5KJan2013129.jpg

Here's Waltrip and team.

Rolex5KJan2013131.jpg

Time to chill with a cold one.

Rolex5KJan2013135.jpg

Gotcha.... it's just a strawberry lemonade.

Nate's boss and his wife met up with us at this point, so I put the camera away.

Our next plan was to head back to the RV to let Mason out and relax for a while. Then have dinner and go back to the track for some racing under the lights.

Mason is always ready for some relaxing at camp.

Rolex5KJan2013136.jpg

Coming up... good food, bad news, good racing and my favorite person.

I have had a hard time getting past yesterday's update. there were a couple of "compelling" photos in there. not telling which ones.

Oh, and Dario and Ashley live just down the road from us, and his helicopter flies over our house quiet often. I wouldn't be upset if they divorced, as I bet he and his helicopter would move away and leave me in peace and quiet. Ashley's Mom and crazy ass sister live right down the road from her, so maybe they'd all live happily ever after. And I'm anti-Ashley BTW. She's nuts. But Wynona is pretty hilarious.

Notice Trevor's fancy backpack...ok, it's mine he was carrying. Shocker, huh?

Rolex5KJan2013110.jpg

Waiting on a tram. (Genia! Look! Satan's swings!!)

Rolex5KJan2013108.jpg

While waiting they had a couple cars drifting. If you've never seen that, it's pretty darn cool.

Burning rubber, sideways through the turns....awesome.

Rolex5KJan2013111.jpg

Tell Alice if she wasn't in the way, you could have had two spawn butts in the same pic! :doublebeer:

TURN THREE!!!!!!!!! :pope:

3-4 years ago, Marlboro had a drifting area set up outside turn 3. The "smokers" could become Malboro fans and actually ride with one of the drifting drivers. Oops, I didn't see cigerette smoker, so this CIGAR smoking chicka had a freakin blast drifting outside turn 3! Squeeled like a girl. I imagine like Jason on test track. :banana:

I have had a hard time getting past yesterday's update. there were a couple of "compelling" photos in there. not telling which ones.

Oh, and Dario and Ashley live just down the road from us, and his helicopter flies over our house quiet often. I wouldn't be upset if they divorced, as I bet he and his helicopter would move away and leave me in peace and quiet. Ashley's Mom and crazy ass sister live right down the road from her, so maybe they'd all live happily ever after. And I'm anti-Ashley BTW. She's nuts. But Wynona is pretty hilarious.

Dario's helicopter can fly over my house anytime :heartsmiley: :heartsmiley: :heartsmiley: .... (boy, I am really shameless today)

Dave, I need a scorecard to keep up with everyone on your SMB list.

I very carefully and distinctly did not say Ashley SMB's. I said she's nuts. But she doesn't suck monkey butts. She's just a misguided fool.

And to answer Aaron, not all the Judds are crazy. I think Naomi is ok. But her daughters are cuckoo for cocoa puffs.

This all reminds me. My daughters have nicknamed me Judge Mental. I wonder why?

I very carefully and distinctly did not say Ashley SMB's. I said she's nuts. But she doesn't suck monkey butts. She's just a misguided fool.

And to answer Aaron, not all the Judds are crazy. I think Naomi is ok. But her daughters are cuckoo for cocoa puffs.

LOL!

You daughters are right!

So, we need a CFCP (Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs) list and a SMB list.

I am not going to be able to keep this all straight.

Maybe it would be easier if you just said who you liked.

TCD

Tell Alice if she wasn't in the way, you could have had two spawn butts in the same pic! :doublebeer:

TURN THREE!!!!!!!!! :pope:

3-4 years ago, Marlboro had a drifting area set up outside turn 3. The "smokers" could become Malboro fans and actually ride with one of the drifting drivers. Oops, I didn't see cigerette smoker, so this CIGAR smoking chicka had a freakin blast drifting outside turn 3! Squeeled like a girl. I imagine like Jason on test track. :banana:

Wow Genia. That's rough...Entirely true but rough.

I like it.

Harsh.

Funny.

But Harsh.

TCD

Sadly very true though.

so why is Ashely misguided? I wanna know. Are you sure Naomi is ok?

I apparently have missed these so called hot guys... But I will say the sausage that Nate had, and especially the turkey rap that Alice had looked quite edible and exciting. :laugh: When I saw the VW Micro busses I called on this guy :pope: to pray there were no hippie photos... He came through for me :banana: :banana:

Ooooooweeee,

Listen to Stef rattle off that racin' talk... All we need to do is to get her one of those fancy headsets with a microphone and she could work for MRN (Motor Racing Network) as a commentator....

I am impressed.....

Although it doesn't take much to impress me... Give me a rubberband and a pencil and I'm happy for hours....