Camping and visiting other Resorts

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just walk in like you own the place, and if someone tries to stop you, pretend you don't speak whatever language they are using, scream "fuego" and start dancing like an idiot. They will welcome you

I have no recollection of that. Am I really getting that old?

yes... but you're in good company

Little known Fort fact...but there already is one, at least on a temporary basis during FF GG's. Only problem is, all the weights are only 12 oz.

unless they're Brian's margaritas - in which case I think those cup hold about 20oz 8)

Sorry, but I don't care what anybody digs up on some website. We all know that Disney often publishes incorrect information.

And, FortFiends.net is the final authority on anything Fort related.

Here's an exerpt of a post I made about the Wilderness Lodge fitness room from my March, 2012 Trip Report:

There had been a question asked not too long ago about whether Fort guests had the right to use the health club at the Lodge, so I went over there to ask the question directly.

If you are in to that kind of thing, the health club is very nice. It is called Sturdy Branches:

Image3025.jpg

They have everything that you might expect in there:

Image3022.jpg

Image3023.jpg

Image3024.jpg

And, in case you are interested, the answer to the question is that yes, Fort Wilderness guests with a KTTW card (room key) are allowed to use this facility for free.

Good to know.

You probably won't see me in there.

TCD

Those recalling The Troll's TR are correct- he worked out at the Lodge when he was at the Fort in September, 2012, and again over Thanksgiving.

Granted, things change, but based on two first hand reports from Fiends who went in there, there is no charge for registered FW guests with a KTTW card to use the fitness room at Wilderness Lodge.

And, unless someone beats me to it, I will personally go in there to confirm this on my next visit.

TCD

Hey schmuck face, I think we've established that even though it is the policy, for FW guests, it's not followed for whatever reason.

Great One- you established nothing.

I say it is official policy that Fort guests can use the Lodge fitness room for free.

It's not a case of them looking the other way.

Give me an official link that says otherwise.

TCD

Dave, where did you find that?

I haven't found anything other than message board posts.

And I wonder if this is one of those things where, because the Fort doesn't have facilities, they waive the fee for Fort guests but just don't publish it.

Kind of like how they let Fort guests use the WL pool when the Meadows pool was being refurbed?

http://www.wildernesslodgesite.com/content/sturdy-branches-health-club

No she called down there.

Oh. Then maybe someone in the New Jersey call center picked up and looked up the information.

Or maybe the site where I got the screen shot that I sent you.

Yes. Probably.

And there is always the possibility that you and Dave are right and I'm wrong. But I won't believe it until someone goes in there and asks.

TCD