Joffrey's Coffee to replace Nescafé in Disney Parks

I'm sure Mo must have more on this from Disney itself.

Hmmm. I wonder where she got that?

What doesn't sound right?

It just seems strange. Those Nescafe machines are everywhere. Every single resort. Every restaurant. Even on the DCL ships.

And they are going to scrap all of those in a matter of months? In all the resorts and restaurants?

Up to now, the only place reporting this news was a single website that has reported false rumors before.

As Kelly pointed out above, it also seems odd that a deal like this would be reached when Starbucks apparently paid a pretty penny to serve its coffee in the parks.

TCD

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bobby told me at my blizzard party last night that Disney will soon be announcing that the official beer of Walt Disney World will be (insert drumroll here). IRON CITY BEER. All beer kiosks throughou

Here is the very first photo published anywhere that I have seen of one of the new Joffrey's machines in action.   This photo was taken at the Art of Animation food court on June 8, 2013:     First P

NEWSFLASH #1:   Joffrey's has arrived at the Wilderness Lodge.  Here are their gleaming new machines:     They serve both decaf and regular:       There are brand new soda machines here too.  So far

Even on the DCL ships

Does not include the DCL

Up to now, the only place reporting this news was a single website that has reported false rumors before.

This time that website is correct.

it also seems odd that a deal like this would be reached when Starbucks apparently paid a pretty penny to serve its coffee in the parks.

The Starbucks deal is for only one location at each park.

Anyway, if Mo says it's official, it's official.

So does the official announcement indicate that this will indeed be real, brewed coffee? Not something from a machine made from instant concentrate? If so, this is an enormous change. Going from Nescafe to a specialty roaster's French Roast is a major jump, especially if the change is to be made not only in the parks but at every resort location as well.

So does the official announcement indicate that this will indeed be real, brewed coffee? Not something from a machine made from instant concentrate? If so, this is an enormous change. Going from Nescafe to a specialty roaster's French Roast is a major jump, especially if the change is to be made not only in the parks but at every resort location as well.

I agree.

Disney is not about to do anything that is going to cost them more money to serve coffee. So is Joffreys going to pay for all new coffee machines? That's going to be a huge expense.

If this does happen, the end result may be something that has y'all wishing for the return of Nescafe.

Even the limited information that Mo was fed by a bus driver an anonymous source does not say Nescafe is being replaced. It says "Joffrey's French Roast will be offered at QS and TS locations. " Does it say Nescafe is being replaced? Could it be that Joffreys is just being added as an option?

TCD

Joffrey's Coffee is not new to WDW. They have been operating coffee kiosks throughout WDW since 1995. Joffrey's also currently supplies the espresso and specialty coffee for the Signature dining restaurants.

Below is an article about the one that has been at Epcot. It shows the setup.

http://www.examiner.com/article/walt-disney-world-adds-new-joffrey-s-coffee-stand-at-epcot-monorail-station

Joffrey's Coffee is not new to WDW. They have been operating coffee kiosks throughout WDW since 1995. Joffrey's also currently supplies the espresso and specialty coffee for the Signature dining restaurants.

Below is an article about the one that has been at Epcot. It shows the setup.

http://www.examiner....onorail-station

I understand that. But operating a few kiosks and specialty locations, serving drinks on demand per customer order, is far different than servicing the mass caffeination needs of thousands of guests daily in dozens of locations. For instance, the picture in the link you provided is great...but I don't see the Meadow Trading Post hiring a barista.

Let me just add...I don't doubt Disney's ability to pull this off. I just question why and how. If Disney simply wants to provide a better cup of coffee to its guests, that's wonderful. But I am certain they won't be selling refillable mugs for $15 and allowing people unlimited French Roast. It doesn't make financial sense in my opinion, unless Joffrey's is providing the coffee free or very cheap in an effort to expand its brand awareness...which doesn't make a lot of sense for a company with only regional scope. So, if this change does fully occur as reported, I predict the cost of the mugs will go up.

Then again...what do I know?

Y'all have all the details I do at the moment. If anything more appears from the-mysterious-source-of-all-things-Disney, I promise to share.

I think TCD finally accepted it, but he's very skeptical and will be watching them like a hawk. And if it fails, watch out for the wrath of T.

Yes T, short for TCD. We're on a first name initial basis.

WHAT is there not to accept?

That they will roll out premium roasted, freshly brewed French Roast coffee to every park, resort, counter service location and trading post without an increase in the cost of drinks and refillable mugs, all within a few months. I can see this being served at many locations...I am just finding it hard to believe that every Nescafe machine will be replaced with this....for instance, that the Meadows Trading post will get this coffee and I can wheel in there and fill up my mug.

If this does happen, the end result may be something that has y'all wishing for the return of Nescafe.

Not in this life.

operating a few kiosks and specialty locations, serving drinks on demand per customer order, is far different than servicing the mass caffeination needs of thousands of guests daily in dozens of locations.

I have had Nescrape' once. I'd rather SCB (suck coffee beans).

That they will roll out premium roasted, freshly brewed French Roast coffee to every park, resort, counter service location and trading post without an increase in the cost of drinks and refillable mugs, all within a few months. I can see this being served at many locations...I am just finding it hard to believe that every Nescafe machine will be replaced with this....for instance, that the Meadows Trading post will get this coffee and I can wheel in there and fill up my mug.

Both Nescafe and Joffreys are vendors and will do a lot of the heavy lifting during the conversion process.

Disney can get a lot done in a short period of time, if they want to. Look at how fast they put up and take down Christmas decorations.

Bobby says the only thing that will change will be the sign on the machines. Joffreys plans on buying the concentrate from Nescafe.

Ah... but they're not saying "freshly brewed" will be available everywhere.

Quite possible (likely?) the Nescrapé machines will be replaced with similar Joffrey machines.

Which I think will still be an improvement. The Keurig machines these days have actual coffee grounds in the pods, not some icky "coffee" concentrate.

Which reminds me of what we say about databases at work all the time - garbage in, garbage out.