Joffrey's Coffee to replace Nescafé in Disney Parks

Ah... but they're not saying "freshly brewed" will be available everywhere.

Quite possible (likely?) the Nescrapé machines will be replaced with similar Joffrey machines.

Which I think will still be an improvement. The Keurig machines these days have actual coffee grounds in the pods, not some icky "coffee" concentrate.

Which reminds me of what we say about databases at work all the time - garbage in, garbage out.

Well, if they don't use icky coffee concentrate, does that mean a CM in every location is going to have to brew the coffee? I haven't seen a commercial machine anywhere that is set up to brew a fresh cup for each customer.

Are they going to go back to something like this? :

FW42409193.jpg

For anyone who thinks that would be a good thing, you might want to think twice. There were times that the coffee in that machine was way worse than Nescafe. Like when the CM who opened up forgot to make new coffee, or, worse yet, when a CM used leftover grounds to make a new batch. Trust me, you would rather have Nescafe.

TCD

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bobby told me at my blizzard party last night that Disney will soon be announcing that the official beer of Walt Disney World will be (insert drumroll here). IRON CITY BEER. All beer kiosks throughou

Here is the very first photo published anywhere that I have seen of one of the new Joffrey's machines in action.   This photo was taken at the Art of Animation food court on June 8, 2013:     First P

NEWSFLASH #1:   Joffrey's has arrived at the Wilderness Lodge.  Here are their gleaming new machines:     They serve both decaf and regular:       There are brand new soda machines here too.  So far

I too am glad they will be changing coffee vendors... but there is one thing we need to keep an eye on....

Necafe' or Nescrape' is made by Nestle... What other favorite Disney product in particular that we all enjoy? Mickey Bars! as well as all of the other packaged ice creams that are sold throughout the parks and grocery areas around WDW.

I hope the procurement folks didn't piss of Nestle too bad when they negotiated this change.... A Mickley Bar is hard to beat.

I too am glad they will be changing coffee vendors... but there is one thing we need to keep an eye on....

Necafe' or Nescrape' is made by Nestle... What other favorite Disney product in particular that we all enjoy? Mickey Bars! as well as all of the other packaged ice creams that are sold throughout the parks and grocery areas around WDW.

I hope the procurement folks didn't piss of Nestle too bad when they negotiated this change.... A Mickley Bar is hard to beat.

:bugeyes:

Bobby told me at my blizzard party last night that Disney will soon be announcing that the official beer of Walt Disney World will be (insert drumroll here). IRON CITY BEER. All beer kiosks throughout WDW will be converted over to iron city beer machines, dispensing Pittsburgh's finest brew in the aluminum cans its customers have come to know and associate with its quality product. Bobby says this is in response to numerous questionnaires sent to WDW beer drinkers throughout the country. Many of the questionnaires were returned in an unreadable state, several were done in crayon, and most had unidentifiable stains on them. Mickey and pals were, however, able to read "Iron City" on enough of the questionnaires to determine that this is a beer preferred by WDW park guests as well as resort guests at value, moderate and deluxe resorts. Price will be 14 dollars per 12 oz can. For your convenience, all machines will have sensors for the new wrist bands.

• 2 weeks later...

I will never forget the first time Josh tried the Nescafe. We were at the Fort and he needed a cup. I warned him. Then his face contorted and Nescafe flew out of his mouth. Some words were said and I was ROFLing. Kinda similar to his Beverly experience. One day he will learn to trust me.

At our mini Batwit, he had some of Joffreys and really liked the stuff. I even remember it being good. The only reason I remember is that we started in Canda and I was still somewhat sober.

Josh is doing a happy dance at the thought of no more Nescrap!

I will never forget the first time Josh tried the Nescafe. We were at the Fort and he needed a cup. I warned him. Then his face contorted and Nescafe flew out of his mouth. Some words were said and I was ROFLing.

I think I saw Kim make that same face Saturday night when we all stopped for hot beverages to try and thaw out a bit at the MK.

I offered to pour some of my hot chocolate in there, but she was afraid it might actually curdle and make it worse! :rofl2:

From the Disney Food Blog...

News! Joffrey’s Coffee Named As Official Disney Coffee Provider

Feb 21st, 2013 by Kim.

joffreys-logo.png

According to the Orlando Business Journal, Disney has partnered with Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Co. as the official specialty coffee provider for Walt Disney World, Disneyland, and Disney Vacation Club resorts.

Disney’s announcement that it has developed an alliance with the Tampa-based Joffrey’s company is great news for guests that have been less than delighted with the Nescafe offerings at the Disney parks and resorts.

(This announcement does not affect the presence of Starbucks coffee locations that will be arriving in six spots throughout Disney World and Disneyland over the next few years.)

Since 1995, Joffrey’s has operated kiosks that serve their coffee brand throughout Walt Disney World. Now, the brand will be present at select Disney restaurants, resort hotels, quick-service restaurants, and as self-service options in hotel rooms.

Monorail-Coffee-Location-500x333.jpg

Transportation and Ticket Center Joffrey

“We are thrilled to be creating unique coffee blends exclusively for Disney guests,” said Chris de Mezzo, Joffrey’s roastmaster and chief operating officer, in a prepared statement. “After all, a Disney vacation is like none other, so the coffee that Disney guests drink should be like none other, as well.”

Coffee Drinkers! Let us know your thoughts on Disney’s partnership with Joffrey’s. Did your cup of joe just get tastier? Let us know in the comments below.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/02/21/news-joffreys-coffee-named-as-official-disney-coffee-provider/#more-76899

I just found this topic after one of my clients showed me an ad from the Tampa bay times back in the begining of the month. I don't want to bring up some bad discussions about coffee but as I stated a while back, my company has a corporate contract with nescafe which means I have to use those machines. The good part about them is that there is litteally no waste which="Disney likes" Unless someone knows otherwise for sure, I believe Joffreys will be the offical "specialty" coffee and not the everyday crap coffee of Disney. This would make sense since more articles are coming out staing Joffery's will offer unique blends. Liquid coffee has been around for a while and companies like Douge Eggbert and Maxwell house have gotten very close to perfecting it. Nescafe and vitality have a ways to go as far as taste but nowadays in big business, especially with coffee waste out numbers taste and quaity which equalls big $$$$ for corporations. I am curious to see how this plays out. we can be sure if Joffery's does get the entire coffee contract, the fort will be the last to see it just like wi-fi and card readers

• 1 month later...

Unlike the coffee, the word on the street is 5 days old.

The transition officially started on the 12th with coffee being served on the 16th.

For those wondering what's the difference between Nescafe and Joffreys, here's the answer.
Nescafe was a concentrate that was mixed with hot water when dispensed, but Joffreys brewing equipment 
utilizes coffee grounds that sit in a filter and hot water is forced to run through it. Pretty much as you brew coffee at home.
The coffee is brewed into insulated urns which stores it fresh for up to three hours. 

Will be interested to hear when it gets deployed to the Fort....both Trails End and Meadows.

All WDW locations will be transitioned over within a few months

Nescafe's coffee dispensers are being yanked out and Joffrey is replacing them with one of two coffee brewers.

Unlike the coffee, the word on the street is 5 days old.

The transition officially started on the 12th with coffee being served on the 16th.

For those wondering what's the difference between Nescafe and Joffreys, here's the answer.
Nescafe was a concentrate that was mixed with hot water when dispensed, but Joffreys brewing equipment 
utilizes coffee grounds that sit in a filter and hot water is forced to run through it. Pretty much as you brew coffee at home.
The coffee is brewed into insulated urns which stores it fresh for up to three hours. 

Oh Great and Mighty One-

Since you hear the word on the street before anyone, can you possibly share where one might find this new Joffrey equipment in action?

I will be most interested to hear how this is going to work in a place like a value resort food court.  They will need CM's to be constantly brewing coffee in the mornings.

TCD

What's the difference between them?  Volume of coffee they can brew?  Or different coffee varieties?

The difference between the two is the brewing capacity. They are 1.5 gal or 3 gal brewers.

can you possibly share where one might find this new Joffrey equipment in action?

I will be most interested to hear how this is going to work in a place like a value resort food court.  They will need CM's to be constantly brewing coffee in the mornings.

I don't know what locations have already made the transition, just that they started the transition almost a week ago.

I would guess that the high volume locations would require multiple set ups of the 3 gallon brewers so that CMs don't have to be constantly brewing coffee. It won't be any different than any other off property coffee shop.

The difference between the two is the brewing capacity. They are 1.5 gal or 3 gal brewers.

I don't know what locations have already made the transition, just that they started the transition almost a week ago.

I would guess that the high volume locations would require multiple set ups of the 3 gallon brewers so that CMs don't have to be constantly brewing coffee. It won't be any different than any other off property coffee shop.

Three gallon brewers?

This I have to see.

TCD