Joffrey's Coffee to replace Nescafé in Disney Parks

Woo hoo - goodbye NesCrapé!

From WDW Magic...

Joffrey's Coffee will be replacing Nescafe as the standard coffee served throughout the parks and resorts at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland.

During the next few months, Joffrey's will become the standard coffee offered at all Disney owned and operated locations, which will include both quick service and table service restaurants. As part of the agreement, Joffrey's will be producing unique blends just for Disney locations.

Joffrey's has already been operating their speciality coffee kiosks in the parks for a number of years, and has also been supplying espresso and other coffees for the signature dining locations at the parks and resorts.

This expanded agreement with Joffrey's does not replace or impact the introduction of Starbucks Coffee to each of the parks.

http://www.wdwmagic....1FtRndk.twitter

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bobby told me at my blizzard party last night that Disney will soon be announcing that the official beer of Walt Disney World will be (insert drumroll here). IRON CITY BEER. All beer kiosks throughou

Here is the very first photo published anywhere that I have seen of one of the new Joffrey's machines in action.   This photo was taken at the Art of Animation food court on June 8, 2013:     First P

NEWSFLASH #1:   Joffrey's has arrived at the Wilderness Lodge.  Here are their gleaming new machines:     They serve both decaf and regular:       There are brand new soda machines here too.  So far

Has anyone had Joffrey's Coffee yet? What does it compare to? Although anything has to be better than NesCrape.

Yup! They have a few coffee carts around WDW - usually the ones that don't take DDP, but presumably that will change now too.

I really like it. It tastes like good "real" coffee to me - not super dark or bold, but not wimpy and watered down either.

I don't get this either. The benefit of Nescafe, from Disney's point of view, is that there isn't any waste like with the old Bunn machines that brewed a large pot of coffee at a time. A lot of coffee was discarded that way that didn't get consumed prior to going bad. If I'm not mistaken, the Nescafe machines "brew" each cup as dispensed...some sort of mixture of concentrate with hot water I guess. Like TCD said, I can't imagine going back to a system of real brewed coffee...nor can I imagine the expense of the better "brew on demand" systems like Keurig or Flavia.

My guess is...this new coffee, if it happens, will be similar to Nescafe, and the switch has more to do with money rather than the quality of the coffee.

This from the Touring Plans blog. Check out the parts I bolded...

The oft maligned Nescafe Coffee will soon be leaving Disney Parks. Disney has entered into a long-term agreement with Joffrey’s Coffee and Tea Co to provide the standard coffee at Walt Disney World, Disneyland, and Disney Vacation Club properties. In addition, Joffrey’s will develop special blends exclusive to Disney and resort hotel rooms will all have a catalog where guests can purchase Joffrey’s products to take home. These changes will be complete within the next few months.

http://blog.touringplans.com/2013/02/06/joffreys-coffee-will-replace-nescafe-as-the-standard-coffee-at-disney-parks/

... If I'm not mistaken, the Nescafe machines "brew" each cup as dispensed...some sort of mixture of concentrate with hot water I guess. Like TCD said, I can't imagine going back to a system of real brewed coffee...nor can I imagine the expense of the better "brew on demand" systems like Keurig or Flavia.

I'd bet there will still be machines - for the reasons you mentioned, but even there are machines that make pretty darned good coffee-on-demand, if you start with good quality coffee to begin with.

Didn't realize that. Nice to see Disney going with someone local!

They've had the coffee carts in the parks for at least a few years now. I guess they passed "the test."

I'm sure it has less to do with being local or passing the test. I'd bet money it has to do with $$$ to Disney. :grumpy2:

I'm sure it has less to do with being local or passing the test. I'd bet money it has to do with $$$ to Disney. :grumpy2:

Oh I'm sure, but sometimes I like to put my rose colored glassed on and pretend the world is a pretty, happy place. :animated-smileys-character-024:

... I may have had some of Joffrey's coffee once - is that what they serve in the bookstore at Hollywood Studios? That was a decent cup o joe.

I believe that is it but not sure.

I know they run the kiosk near Universe of Energy and I think also the one in Canada at Epcot. I believe they also run the ones near the ferry entrance at the TTC, and I think there are a few others scattered about.

Watch out where the huskies go, don't you eat that yellow snow.

I am probably one of the few here that actually liked the Nescafé. Sure didnt have that burnt taste Starbucks has. If the new stuff is the same as they serve at Writers Stop, then I will be a happy boy. Now that is some good coffee.

I'm sure Mo must have more on this from Disney itself.

Lou, your psychic powers are truly astounding!

There IS official confirmation from Disney that Joffrey's Coffee & Tea Co. has entered into a long-term strategic alliance with Disney that will make them the official specialty coffee of WDW, Disneyland and DVC.

Joffrey's will become the standard coffee offered at all Disney owned and operated dining locations and resort hotels.

Joffrey's coffee kiosks have been operating on Disney property since 1995. Joffrey's is also currently the supplier of espresso and specialty coffee blends for fine dining and Signature restaurants at WDW and DL.

Disney has confirmed that Joffrey's French Roast will be offered at QS and TS locations.