Disney Mardi Gras Style

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree that they were skimping on the BACON. Shardi also told the waiter she wanted a pot of Kona coffee but only got a pot of standard coffee. Saved me several dollars and the waiter lost out on the

Nicki, you gotta be there! Tell the hubby, no Disney, no Nicki so to speak.

I had a couple strategic smilie faces....

Posted Images

Great Enchanted Tales photos!

But, how come you weren't a guard?

I know they would have picked you if you tried.

My best guess because the CM said it's an unusual minnie head and she's at an angle pointed towards the lunchtime ordering kiosks.

minniemaybe_zpsd4ef25f9.jpg

Thanks for the drawing!

I see it.

But I don't know about this one.

I thought it was something like this:

hiddenminnie_zps1108253e.jpg

I don't thing there's an official Hidden Minnie there.

Proably just CM's saying so.

TCD

But if you ask our bus driver? He'll grumpily tell you that the hidden mickey's aren't hidden. They're put there on purpose. So this might be a "true" hidden minnie.

Someone's been paying attention...........kinda

When a Mickey head is part of a Disney design and can be easily seen, it's a deliberate Mickey, but most people will call it a Hidden Mickey. It is not, it's a "Deliberate Mickey".

Most CMs don't know that there is such a thing as a "Deliberate Mickey".

There are official Disney definitions and descriptions for both.

If those cloud formations were such that it clearly formed a Mickey head, that would be a "Hidden Mickey".

It is now Tuesday morning and we head for DHS. Upon entering the park, I made a dash for Fast Passes for Toy Story. After obtaining those, we milled around and decided to go to Star Tours. On the way over, we found the signup line for the Jedi training. Got dear son signed up for that and dear daughter was disappointed. She was too old. We went through the Star Tours, no one from our family was selected as the Rebel Spy...boooo. From there we went to our Fast Passes for Toy Story. It was fun like always. At the end of the ride, when they show the scores for the car, mine was the highest (not bragging, just stating) and Shardi yells out,"Jody, your an A&*Hole". Now there were other people in the other car and it could have been them with the high score, but it WAS me.

From there we made our way over to the art studio. We just made it into the next class. The class chose to draw Agent P, from Phineas and Ferb.

Here is my attempt:

a6213265-be41-4f0c-ae2f-ffe62fdf3b3d_zps83cbf946.jpg

Shardi's

f4d4f80d-22bb-4b44-978e-d8de0ec27e15_zpsaf76a9c1.jpg

Dear Daughter's

c44907e3-19f8-4784-9d56-42ada41bd9b2_zpsdd10593a.jpg

and Dear Son's. I think he was going for a Picasso look.

52dc91bd-dac0-4552-af47-72bd4919c540_zps9f72e538.jpg

Not bad considering he is only 6.

From there we wound up at the Pirates of the Caribbean deal. You know the one that replaced the Narnia show. Well, dear son got another dose of Pixie Dust. He was selected out of the crowd to lead everyone into the show, hold a big skeleton key, and participate in the show. It was alot better presentation than the Narnia one it replaced. Here is dear son up on the balcony.

IMG_0452_zpsa51e38c4.jpg

From here we made our way over to the Rock-N-Roller Roller Coaster for the next in the quest for a Coaster Grand Slam. Dear Son loved it coming off the ride saying,"Totally Awesome!" So for those keeping track, we have a "Megally Awesome" and a "Totally Awesome". Here is a not so great picture of the ride picture. The flash killed it.

2013-02-12_14-02-13_697_zps3bd65aa1.jpg

If you notice, Shardi is not suffering from T-Rex hands on this ride.

Dear son decided he needed a hat since dad had a hat. His mother agreed and here he is sporting his new Pimpin' hat.

IMG_0460_zps305f2466.jpg

We checked the times and we had just enough to make the Beauty and the Beast show before Dear Son needed to report to Jedi Training. It was a good show.

Somewhere between Beauty and the Beast and checking in to Jedi Training, Shardi lost her wallet. Now this is the second time on this trip that she has declared it to be lost but this time it actually was. Luckily she called lost and found and she had it back within 15 minutes. She got a very large dose of Pixie Dust with that.

We make it to Jedi training and here is Dear Son using the Force and Sparring with Vader.

2013-02-12_16-50-22_694_zpsd9dc058a.jpg

After Jedi training, we made our way over to the Indiana Jones Show. Right in the middle of all the explosions, a small squirrel starts running through the set. It was hilarious.

We rushed out of the show and headed for the truck in the parking lot. We had 25 minutes to make it to our dinner reservations at Jiko at the Animal Kingdom lodge. We made it over to the AK Lodge parking lot with time to spare, but then I made a big mistake. I headed us toward the DVC building. We get there and can't find the restaurant. Asked a CM and find out we are at the wrong building. We then take a shuttle over to the Jambo House. We had stayed at AKL back in 2007 and I thought things did not look right when we parked. Back then the DVC building was under construction. After arriving at Jambo House we made our way to the restaurant. By then we were late. It took a while to get seated but it turned out to be a very nice meal. I had the filet. It was very good.

Then it was back to the Fort for the night. Up for tomorrow, Animal Kingdom and another step in the Grand Slam.

Someone's been paying attention...........kinda

When a Mickey head is part of a Disney design and can be easily seen, it's a deliberate Mickey, but most people will call it a Hidden Mickey. It is not, it's a "Deliberate Mickey".

Most CMs don't know that there is such a thing as a "Deliberate Mickey".

There are official Disney definitions and descriptions for both.

If those cloud formations were such that it clearly formed a Mickey head, that would be a "Hidden Mickey".

Ok now I'm confused. Is a hidden Mickey like the ones on trading pins? And deliberate Mickeys can be made up from its environment? I.e. rocks shaped like Mickey.

Here's. picture I took at the entrance to the Dumbo ride this last Christmas. Is it a deliberate Mickey?post-1743-0-05498300-1361635859_thumb.jp

Ray, according to the cranky bus driver:

Deliberate Mickey's are the ones that are on trading pins. They purposely manufactured them to have a Mickey head.

A hidden mickey, which honestly I don't believe there is such a thing because all Hidden Mickeys are technically Official Hidden Mickeys. Which in turn designates them as Deliberate Mickeys.

YOUR Dumbo photograph is an Accidental Mickey… Or true Hidden Micky. It's not a Deliberate Mickey.

But your Mickey would not be an official Hidden Mickey. Since they're not "recognized" by the Walt Disney World corporation.

So yes it's a hidden Mickey, but Hidden is trademarked. So we have to call them something else, such as Accidental Mickey.

And I still haven't figured out that doggone duck in the Haunted Mansion. I know what it's supposed to look like. I can see where everything is supposed to line up. I know where it is. But it doesn't look like a duck to me.

Hold on.

Wait.

I have forgotten something. And considering Lou and his technicalities.

This may not be a unofficial deliberate quote hidden unquote Mickey because it's ears to head ratio is not correct.

That is a very important thing, you know.

The ears must match the head.

Unless it could be a Mortimer Mouse head. His ears were small.

The proper ratio of ears to head when you are creating a Hidden Mickey must be no less than 120/200 utilizing a center X coordinate for the head, and center Y and Z for the ears. Which translates into the applicable equation of three fifths the size of the head. So if you draw a large circle, the subsequent smaller circles must be X*3/5.

And damn, I need a cup of coffee after that one. Snark is hard. LOL

Ray, according to the cranky bus driver:

Deliberate Mickey's are the ones that are on trading pins. They purposely manufactured them to have a Mickey head.

A hidden mickey, which honestly I don't believe there is such a thing because all Hidden Mickeys are technically Official Hidden Mickeys. Which in turn designates them as Deliberate Mickeys.

YOUR Dumbo photograph is an Accidental Mickey… Or true Hidden Micky. It's not a Deliberate Mickey.

But your Mickey would not be an official Hidden Mickey. Since they're not "recognized" by the Walt Disney World corporation.

So yes it's a hidden Mickey, but Hidden is trademarked. So we have to call them something else, such as Accidental Mickey.

And I still haven't figured out that doggone duck in the Haunted Mansion. I know what it's supposed to look like. I can see where everything is supposed to line up. I know where it is. But it doesn't look like a duck to me.

Thanks. Now it's clear as mud.

So did Disney put the two round stones next to the sewer lid on purpose? Or is it just a coincidence?

Hold on.

Wait.

I have forgotten something. And considering Lou and his technicalities.

This may not be a unofficial deliberate quote hidden unquote Mickey because it's ears to head ratio is not correct.

That is a very important thing, you know.

The ears must match the head.

Unless it could be a Mortimer Mouse head. His ears were small.

The proper ratio of ears to head when you are creating a Hidden Mickey must be no less than 120/200 utilizing a center X coordinate for the head, and center Y and Z for the ears. Which translates into the applicable equation of three fifths the size of the head. So if you draw a large circle, the subsequent smaller circles must be X*3/5.

And damn, I need a cup of coffee after that one. Snark is hard. LOL

I don't care who you are that's funny!