Disney Mardi Gras Style

Wait ..Wait... go back... Shardi asked for Kona and didn't get it ? Tell me that you hunted down the waiter and knee capped him.... He should walk with a limp for substituting coffee for Kona Coffee... :rotfl6:

Your test track vehicle kinda looks like a Viper... I don't think Chevy would like that...

I was ticked. But here's the kicker. I'm so glad you brought it up. I was saving it for MY trip report. But I'm going to hijack and heckle. I did say I'd heckle.

Before I realized my coffee was swapped, I watched my husband politely take a coffee cup, turn it right side up and fill it with coffee.

By now, I put everything down and just observed.

He took not-quite-small mouthful and swallowed.

My eyebrow went up.

He shuddered and said YUCK! That tastes like coffee.

My other eyebrow shot up.

"Well, Kona is supposed to be the best coffee in the world, so I thought it would taste good."

To answer the question, yes he drank it black.

And I died laughing. OH I laughed. I face booked it. My friends laughed.

Coffee is still going to taste like coffee honey.

For the record, my husband hates coffee.

I'm still giggling.

I even had to take a photo because it was so unusual. OMG he's drinking coffee. Little did I know he was going to be unexpectedly surprised the next second. LOL

IMG_0347_zps75d3bb38.jpg

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree that they were skimping on the BACON. Shardi also told the waiter she wanted a pot of Kona coffee but only got a pot of standard coffee. Saved me several dollars and the waiter lost out on the

Nicki, you gotta be there! Tell the hubby, no Disney, no Nicki so to speak.

I had a couple strategic smilie faces....

Posted Images

It is Monday morning and we head back over to the Magic Kingdom. First stop is some more SoM cards. Then we had a run in with this odd Character. Seems like I have seen him before but I just can't place it. Maybe if I hoop and Holler, or Review some pictures I might remember.

IMG_3198_zps3c8b5d54.jpg

This day starts the mission of doing the grand slam for roller coasters for our dear son. He has finally made it tall enough to ride all of the roller coasters at Disney World. We started out with Big Thunder Mountain Rail Road. We rode it twice back to back. Dear son's response after the first ride:"Megally Awesome!" I think he is hooked.

We then took the raft over to Tom Sawyer's Island and explored around it. I am surprised that there are still Rifles in the fort that still make gun fire sounds. You can sit up there and pick off the unsuspecting river boaters as they pass. (Not that we did that mind you.)

After TS Island, we worked took the train around to the Storybook Circus terminal and me and dear son road the Great Goofini's The Barnstormer. That makes two roller coasters down.

We then made our way over to Story Time with Belle. It took about 45 minutes to get through the queue. The Mirror transition is very well done. Madam Wardrobe was not working and had a cover over her face. dear son was selected play the part of Beast. He was the recipient of most of the Pixie Dust on this trip. Here he is being selected for his part.

IMG_3292_zps4457f424.jpg

I guess mom has all the pictures of him with Belle. Dear daughter was selected for the part as Mrs. Pots. I don't have that picture either.

Later we had reservations for the Be Our Guest restaurant. Supper at BOG was ok. I was not over impressed. I have a couple of pictures. This one is of the ceiling in the main dining room. There is supposed to be a deliberate Minnie Mouse up there but I don't see it.

IMG_3416_zps1072fb41.jpg

I did like the mosaic near the entrance.

IMG_3464_zpsc5fe5b24.jpg

I had the Ratatouille. It was good but nothing to brag about. We had lunch later in the trip, and the lunch was sooooo much better. Everything after supper is just a blur. I think we are getting exhausted at this point in the trip.

Up next, Tuesday and third coaster in the grand slam.

Nice photos, Jody!

Good job on the Six Bits photo.

And that's awesome your son got to be the Beast. I hope there are some photos of him dancing with Belle. Those will come in handy some day.

I never heard of there being a Hidden Minnie in the BOG ceiling. I don't see it in your photo either. I'll have to look the next time I'm there.

I liked dinner at BOG, but I agree with you about the lunch- it's our favorite place to go for lunch in any of the parks.

TCD

I think I will keep it as a lunch on our list and cross off dinner. Money wise it sounds like the better choice.

Looking forward to hearing about the roller coaster grand slam. How great he is tall enough this trip.

Good job on the Six Bits photo.

I never heard of there being a Hidden Minnie in the BOG ceiling. I don't see it in your photo either. I'll have to look the next time I'm there.

I liked dinner at BOG, but I agree with you about the lunch- it's our favorite place to go for lunch in any of the parks.

TCD

Six bits will make another appearance later in this TR but not as the mayor of Main Street, but as another character.

The waiter told us there is a set of ears in the clouds with a bow between them. I could never find it. Shardi claims to have found it. Maybe she can break out the crayons and point it out to us.

Six bits will make another appearance later in this TR but not as the mayor of Main Street, but as another character.

The waiter told us there is a set of ears in the clouds with a bow between them. I could never find it. Shardi claims to have found it. Maybe she can break out the crayons and point it out to us.

I'm looking forward to the other Ben photo. I've seen him play another role, but that was before he was the Councilman.

I will look for that Minnie. But sometimes those CM's are full of it. If Shardi can show me with the crayons. that would be sweet.

TCD