AC's Fort/Bay Lake Tower February 2013 Trip Report

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm going to whip my iPad out in Gettysburg and block stuff just so everyone feels like they are in Disney :) I may bring Adam's stroller and ram it into people too!

Aaron, remind me when we meet in person someday to whack you over the head with an iPad.

I was going to ask the same question! LOL. Looking forward to Date Night Pood Forn. As much as I agree with you on the Boneyard...Anna says we are both wrong and that the place rocks.

Finally caught up. Just a few comments:

1. Cute kids

2. Thanks for the picture of Jasmine

3. Thanks for the picture of Tinkerbelle. At least it is obvious this one is not a dude.

4. Cute kids.

I have a great picture of me as a small kid maybe 3 or 4 pulling a PBR out of an ice chest at the lake in my red, white, blue striped speedo on the Fourth of July.  Now days my parents would have been investigated by DCS if they saw that picture.

I love the early morning in CR going to breakfast at Chef Mickey's.  It is quiet and you feel like you are somewhere you shouldn't be, then everyone shows up and it is a  party.  

I am enjoying your report AC.

Finally caught up. Just a few comments:

1. Cute kids

2. Thanks for the picture of Jasmine

3. Thanks for the picture of Tinkerbelle. At least it is obvious this one is not a dude.

4. Cute kids.

1. Thanks!

2. You're welcome

3. It was nice seeing an obviously female tinkerbell. 

4. and Thanks again!

Twice the update.  Double the BACON. :D

I aim to please.

I have a great picture of me as a small kid maybe 3 or 4 pulling a PBR out of an ice chest at the lake in my red, white, blue striped speedo on the Fourth of July.  Now days my parents would have been investigated by DCS if they saw that picture.

I love the early morning in CR going to breakfast at Chef Mickey's.  It is quiet and you feel like you are somewhere you shouldn't be, then everyone shows up and it is a  party.  

I am enjoying your report AC.

:rofl3:

Thanks for reading along Eric!

2-12-13 (continued)

After having breakfast at Contempo Cafe, we hopped a bus to Hollywood Studios.

Feb2013DisneyTrip1339_zps53266eec.jpg

DS and I went to sign him up for the Jedi Training Academy whil DW and DD went to Toy Story Mania to get FPs.

Of course they hopped in line to ride while waiting for us to catch up. 

We were at TSM by the time they were just about to get on the ride.

While they were moving through the line DW texted me the following group of texts:

C863D3E9-B88F-43EB-AD28-858B57CDF4EF-175

That is good stuff.

While they finished their ride, we got in line to see Woody and Buzz:

Feb2013DisneyTrip1342_zps2a898e82.jpg

IMG_3184_zps8d115139.jpg

DW and DD caught up to us about half way through the line and it was soon our turn:

Feb2013DisneyTrip1344_zpsf7c95919.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip1345_zps90d983e7.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip1346_zps16b4b313.jpg

IMG_3188_zps4972fe80.jpg

Next, I wanted to head to Disney Junior to see if they were going to have a soft-open show today because DD really wanted to see it:

Feb2013DisneyTrip1347_zpse61325f2.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip1348_zpsee1fe69d.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip1349_zps6217b046.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip1350_zpsfc54f459.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip1351_zps17b97152.jpg

http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w499/acirish11/Feb2013Trip%202-12-13%20DHSmorning/IMG_3252_zps9ff08a8f.j pg

IMG_3250_zpsf6fe4573.jpg

The story is the same as I remembered from before but now it has Sophia the First, Jake and the Neverland Pirates, and Doc McStuffins instead of Little Einsteins, Handy Manny, another show that I don't recall right now.

After the show, we went back to TSM to use our fast passes:

Feb2013DisneyTrip1361_zps46d363a7.jpg

After TSM, we headed over for DS's Jedi Training time:

Feb2013DisneyTrip1363_zps33724267.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip1364_zps5890f17e.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip1365_zps548afede.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip1368_zpsf2e8c4a4.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip1377_zpse302f3a8.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip1395_zps3a509ebe.jpg

After defeating the dark side, DS was hungry and so were the rest of us.  We ate our lunch and some Mickey bars in the shade and then went on a monster hunt......

I got behind on my TR reading, but I'm caught up now.  So, any time you want to post an update would be good.

A+ on the sunrise over Discovery Island photos!

A+ on your Wife's texts.

A+ on your son defeating the dark side.

I'm glad you got to see the sneak preview.  It's always fun to be in the first group of guests to see something new.

TCD

We headed back toward the Backlot Express to hunt down a couple Monsters that we had never met before:

IMG_3269_zpsd4f7df78.jpg

IMG_3273_zpsd82a9c34.jpg

DD did not want to stand by the Monsters.

I am not sure why.

After the monsters we worked our way to the stunt car show:

Feb2013DisneyTrip1400_zpsc8ad7fa4.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip1401_zps33b4a041.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip1403_zpsb55ea0d4.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip1402_zpsbaad6295.jpg

I am Speed!!!

Feb2013DisneyTrip1404_zps89cd0fa5.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip1405_zpsbd46bbb9.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip1406_zps6b166dfa.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip1407_zps59b95feb.jpg

No mas McQueeno.....

Feb2013DisneyTrip1420_zpsa2170b2b.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip1429_zps3980ef46.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip1428_zps9f61d99f.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip1424_zps023c8527.jpg

The stunt car show was worth seeing.....once.

It really did have some cool parts, but I think that space along with the Backlot express could be better utilized by say Star Wars Land, Cars Land, or some other land to be named later.

After the stunt show, we headed for the exits.

We were planning to hang out at the room for a bit where we would also eat dinner.

After dinner we were going to head back to MK.......where another awesome experience occurred.

I got behind on my TR reading, but I'm caught up now.  So, any time you want to post an update would be good.

A+ on the sunrise over Discovery Island photos!

A+ on your Wife's texts.

A+ on your son defeating the dark side.

I'm glad you got to see the sneak preview.  It's always fun to be in the first group of guests to see something new.

TCD

Glad you're caught up and still reading along!

Update done!

I think this trip we are going to have to break down and let the kids do the Jedi Academy...

I would recommend it if they want to do it.

It doesn't cost anything extra.

The kids that are going to do it have to be with you when you sign up and the signup is at the old ABC soundstage now.

The other adult can take all the tix to get TSM FPs while the other goes with the kids to signup.

It worked out well for us.

DS loves it and it's pretty cool to watch for the parents too.

DD, 6 at the time, found the stunt show too intense for her liking.  The boys, they loved it.  I think I am going to have to leave the ToT and RRC area long enough to get my pictures with Monsters.....

The Monsters meet was pretty cool.

The kids liked the McQueen part but the rest they were kind of bored.  They were clearly tired though when we saw it.

It's not that the show is bad IMO......just wish they used all the space for something much better.

Plus i think they ruined the backlot express tour when they knocked the neighborhood down to add this show.

That area needs something new and it needs to be something good enough to draw crowds away from the big three rides at DHS.

Glad you're caught up and still reading along!

Update done!

I would recommend it if they want to do it.

It doesn't cost anything extra.

The kids that are going to do it have to be with you when you sign up and the signup is at the old ABC soundstage now.

The other adult can take all the tix to get TSM FPs while the other goes with the kids to signup.

I know how this would work.  Shawn takes kids to sign up and ride ST and I would get FP for TSM and ride Tot and RRC.

KFK's Ghost is running rampant around this place!

I think it has spawned and there are now more than one ghosts of kfk

That area needs something new and it needs to be something good enough to draw crowds away from the big three rides at DHS.

Amen!

I don't we will be trying to see the Stunt Show this time around.  Twice was probably enough.  Although we can watch the Indy show every single visit.  Not sure why we like that one better, but we do.

Wonder what happens at MK?

I don't we will be trying to see the Stunt Show this time around. Twice was probably enough. Although we can watch the Indy show every single visit. Not sure why we like that one better, but we do.

Wonder what happens at MK?

DW and I like the Indy show but the kids have never seen the movies so I dont think it would be that enjoyable for them. I think it is much better also, but then i loved the movies........except the latest one. I do not recognize the existence of the fourth movie.

Love the Sully photo !

Thanks. DS loved meeting Sully and Mike.