• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's going right in front of PH...  

This announcement really doesn't shed that much light on what was known a few months ago.

Am I the only one that sees a lot of words and stuff , but no real details or specifics?

They're gonna have this here and that there, but no detailed layout of anything. Lots of pretty renderings though.

Is it that they'll design it as they go or is it that they don't have it designed yet?

Exactly what do the parking garages look like and exactly where will they be. Where are the buses picking up?

Can we say Disney Outlet Mall?

Follow the link to an interview with Tom Staggs regarding Disney Springs.

http://www.bizjourna...KlEyYbGmcRzlhfW

And speaking of Tom Staggs, he and I were very close today, literally.

I worked out of MK today and as I was walking through the MK entrance, there was a big bunch of what appeared to be IMs (idiot managers) walking in the same direction. It was very crowded, so I just got right in the middle of this big group in order to get through the RR tunnels and into the town square so that I could get to the CM cafeteria. Hey guys, I only have 30 minutes for lunch, get out of my way.

I'm thinking what's up with so many IMs in one place? While walking, I knew one of them was no more than two feet behind me, so I turned around to see who it was. Holy crap, it was Tommy, boy genius. Anyway, I got out of the middle of this entourage and looked around to see what other big wigs might be there. There were a few, but I didn't see Bobby Iger. The group was being lead by the MK VP. I'm assuming they were heading to check out the New Fantasyland.

This announcement really doesn't shed that much light on what was known a few months ago.

Am I the only one that sees a lot of words and stuff , but no real details or specifics?

They're gonna have this here and that there, but no detailed layout of anything. Lots of pretty renderings though.

Is it that they'll design it as they go or is it that they don't have it designed yet?

Exactly what do the parking garages look like and exactly where will they be. Where are the buses picking up?

Can we say Disney Outlet Mall?

Follow the link to an interview with Tom Staggs regarding Disney Springs.

http://www.bizjourna...KlEyYbGmcRzlhfW

And speaking of Tom Staggs, he and I were very close today, literally.

I worked out of MK today and as I was walking through the MK entrance, there was a big bunch of what appeared to be IMs (idiot managers) walking in the same direction. It was very crowded, so I just got right in the middle of this big group in order to get through the RR tunnels and into the town square so that I could get to the CM cafeteria. Hey guys, I only have 30 minutes for lunch, get out of my way.

I'm thinking what's up with so many IMs in one place? While walking, I knew one of them was no more than two feet behind me, so I turned around to see who it was. Holy crap, it was Tommy, boy genius. Anyway, I got out of the middle of this entourage and looked around to see what other big wigs might be there. There were a few, but I didn't see Bobby Iger. The group was being lead by the MK VP. I'm assuming they were heading to check out the New Fantasyland.

I agree!

Big whoop! They're going to make some changes at Downtown Disney. Aside from the new name, what else is going to be new?

They forgot to tell us that.

I assume House of Blues, Splitsville, AMC theater, Disney Quest, T Rex, and the other biggies aren't going anywhere. So, what is going to be new?

Whatever.

Maybe they'll wait a few years to get started, like with the Hyperion Wharf, and then announce a new plan.

The MK VP? Is that the guy with the portrait in the Bonjour Gift shop?

TCD

A feature that was mentioned in the CM Disney Springs announcement, but that I haven't seen anywhere else, is a pedestrian bridge between Disney Springs and Saratoga Springs.

There is a walkway now, but it's kinda of a longish walk. I wonder if they'll eliminate bus service from DS to SSR?

The addition of that bridge will mean the idiots that catch a bus from DTD to a resort and then a bus from that resort to a park just to avoid paying the parking fee at the parks will have a field day if they don't have a KTTW activated gate at one end.

More fun restaurant rumors for the new area include a "food truck row"...

http://www.disneyfoo...gs-restaurants/

With the popularity of food trucks these days, I could see this as a fun possibility.

And if the popularity dies off just paint some parking spaces. Plus as one falls out of favor they can rotate in a new one.

Well, well, well, after being snubbed for the "big tent" CM event at MK recently, I finally got invited to a CM event in a "big tent".

It was the kick off for the Disney Springs project at DTD today. Ok so they felt it necessary to invite every CM working at DTD today. I still felt special none the less.

In addition to lots of food and the presentation about Disney Springs, I got one of these beauties. Be still your heart, a refrigerator magnet to honor the event. Disney does it right, don't they. And I bet Dave, Mr big shot Photopasser, wasn't invited.

Magnet_zps7ff40a26.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've taken some time to scrutinize the plans for Disney Springs and thought I'd share my observations.

Let's first get oriented in the two photos.

In the top photo, located in the upper left corner is Cirque Du Soleil and The Characters in Flight Balloon is a little to the left. The World of Disney store is in lower center.

In the lower photo you can see Fultons and the balloon. So you know where you are, right?

Those are some of the existing landmarks.

Now for the new stuff.

The large rectangular building in the upper center of the top photo is one of the parking garages which will be located in the current parking lot outside the Disney Quest, AMC, Splitsville area. In the right lower corner is the other parking garage located in the parking lot just passed TWOD.

In the upper left is a pedestrian bridge that will go over BVD from a new Cast Services building located across the street near Team Disney to Disney Springs. That will eliminate two or three traffic lights. The domed structure, upper center, is the Planet Hollywood replacement.

In the lower right is a bridge connecting the Market Place with the Saratoga Springs resort.

It appears that most of the new stores will be located in the parking lot between Planet Hollywood and T-Rex nd the old PI.

The water tower is about where the current PI bus stops are currently located. Those are gone, as well as all the Market Place bus stops. There will be one large 20 plus bus stop area shown in the lower left in the bottom photo. That's a good thing. One less stop to make from the resorts to DTD. There will also be an exit off I-4 leading directly to one of the parking garages eliminating a lot of traffic on 535, Hotel Plaza Blvd, & BVD.

That's how I see it. It's all subject to interpretation.

DS_zps8fde27a7.jpg

Lou- 

Thank you for posting these photos!

I think you got some rights and lefts mixed up in your narrative.  I made the corrections in the quote below:

I've taken some time to scrutinize the plans for Disney Springs and thought I'd share my observations.

Let's first get oriented in the two photos.

In the top photo, located in the upper left  right corner is Cirque Du Soleil and The Characters in Flight Balloon is a little to the left. The World of Disney store is in lower center.

In the lower photo you can see Fultons and the balloon. So you know where you are, right?

Those are some of the existing landmarks.

Now for the new stuff.

The large rectangular building in the upper center of the top photo is one of the parking garages which will be located in the current parking lot outside the Disney Quest, AMC, Splitsville area. In the right left lower corner is the other parking garage located in the parking lot just passed TWOD.

In the upper left is a pedestrian bridge that will go over BVD from a new Cast Services building located across the street near Team Disney to Disney Springs. That will eliminate two or three traffic lights. The domed structure, upper center, is the Planet Hollywood replacement.

In the lower right is a bridge connecting the Market Place with the Saratoga Springs resort.

It appears that most of the new stores will be located in the parking lot between Planet Hollywood and T-Rex nd the old PI.

The water tower is about where the current PI bus stops are currently located. Those are gone, as well as all the Market Place bus stops. There will be one large 20 plus bus stop area shown in the lower left in the bottom photo. That's a good thing. One less stop to make from the resorts to DTD. There will also be an exit off I-4 leading directly to one of the parking garages eliminating a lot of traffic on 535, Hotel Plaza Blvd, & BVD.

That's how I see it. It's all subject to interpretation.

DS_zps8fde27a7.jpg

I don't think this bridge is going to SSR.  It looks like it is just connecting the area near where the Lego store is currently to the area where Rainforest Cafe is currently:

One more color coded photo showing the different areas and more of the bridge connecting to the SSR. BVD would be on the left.

ds2_zpsc76fbc6f.jpg

TCD

Check this out:

First, look at this aerial photo-  you can see that the shapes of the buildings in this area match up pretty well with the buildings shown on the model- you can use the big gazebo building, which I circled, as a reference point:

disneysprings_zpsa286ea34.jpg

You can clearly see where Rainforest Cafe is:

rainforestcafe_zpsfa9563cc.jpg

What is see here is a lot of smoke and no fire.

What, exactly, is going to be new besides the giant parking garages and the bridge to nowhere?

Classic Disney announcement.

TCD