• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's going right in front of PH...  

All the green shaded area will be new construction except the T-Rex cafe.

rainforestcafe_zpsfa9563cc.jpg

OK- I see that.  Looks like a lot of stuff, and a pretty big area:

disneysprings2_zps3d179ff3.jpg

It also looks like all that stuff in light blue on the model, under Planet Hollywood, is new.

But, has there been any definite announcement of what any of this new stuff will be?

No.

TCD

I have not heard any names thrown out there yet.

That's a small detail they need to work on: new tenants.

I am guessing we will eventually see the parking garages and the bridge, but all the new shops and restaurants are going to trickle in slowly, if they ever make it at all.

Like I said- it's just a bunch of smoke and no fire.

TCD

I love when you guys break out your crayon box.

Where will the food trucks be located on the diagram?

I forgot about the food trucks.

I have no idea where those would go, or why they would need them.

I never understood how the restaurants paying rent for their brick and mortar stores wouldn't scream bloody murder over allowing food trucks to roll up and compete with them.

It's going right in front of PH...

ChickampWaff_zps05090741.jpg

Finally a real detail.

Good luck with that!

So, I went back and looked at this photo of Lou's, and marked a few things:

disneysprings3_zps8b2737c8.jpg

That is a lot of buildings and stuff they are adding there between T-Rex and Planet Hollywood. 

BAPG stands for Big A_ _ Parking Garage.

Seriously, those parking garages are huge!

That's nice- a place for freeloaders to park under cover and hop the buses to the Disney Resorts.

TCD

I wonder if they will give onsite guests a free parking pass like at the parks and charge offsites. Course if they do that I am sure room rates will go up. 

LOL!

But seriously, they could treat parking at Downtown Disney just like parking at the parks-resort guests and passholders don't pay.  Then they could offer transportation directly to and from the parks.

Of course, that means the freeloaders will move on to the waterparks.  So they will need to charge for parking there too.  I don't know why they don't already. 

Universal Studios, with certain exceptions, makes guests pay to park in their garages to visit City Walk.  So, Disney could get away with it.

I thought that part of the recent announcements specifically covered this issue and confirmed that parking would remain free, but who knows?

TCD

I think you got some rights and lefts mixed up in your narrative.  I made the corrections in the quote below:

I don't think this bridge is going to SSR.  It looks like it is just connecting the area near where the Lego store is currently to the area where Rainforest Cafe is currently:

I was working with many different photos and plan drawings and got turned around, so yes, your observations are correct regarding left and right.

The bridge/walkway to SSR is not the one clearly shown, it's below that one, but for some reason it didn't make it into the photo. I didn't think I cropped it out, but it is there.

RCID is responsible for building and operating the parking garages and they're on record as saying that they will not charge for parking. Disney is also on record saying the same thing. They would have to clearly go back on their word and there would be hell to pay if they change their minds.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Disney has announced that Imagineer Theron Skees, creative director, Walt Disney Imagineering, will be the project leader for Disney Springs...

I wonder if Theron, who names their son Theron, was in the gaggle of IMs I saw today at DTD staring at who knows what?

I saw no signs of anything being done yet. They should at least bring in a crane or bulldozer, even if it's just for show.