• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Curt may be still out and about, and if on his phone, may not have stuff setup to get pictures on here from his phone. It is "really" easy to get pictures to FB from your phone, but not quite as easy to get them here.

I tried for 2 hours (in between rides and such) to get a snarky photo on here from my phone while in the park in response to a snarky remark from a cranky bus driver with no luck!!!

Curt needs to get himself one of those iPads everybody uses as a camera. Then he could post directly on the Fiends.

I took a stroll around and it looks worse than it is.

From what I could see, no campers were damaged. At least I didn't see any trees or traps on any. There were allot of the easy ups either not where they were supposed to be or in twisted balls of metal. There was even a gators one that didn't fair to well. There were a few awnings that were forgotten and didn't make it through. the worst of which was ripped off the side of the camper. The worst was the trees. Trees down everywhere. One fell acrossed the road by the 1400 loop. The one Curt posted in the 1600 area and another on the backside of the 300. There are also large branches littered about that fell off. Curt reported at least one golf cart that had a tree fall on it.

One thing I have to say is, kudos to the Fort staff. During the storm, they had nearly all of the staff out driving the loops making sure everyone was ok. From security, to the rangers, to the site maintainers. They were out in the height of the storm just in case. They were also quick to respond. This is how quick they were to clear the debris. We left to get some dinner at McDonalds by the publix on 535. Maybe a 30 min round trip. When we were leaving, Curt drove in. I know this because I saw him. He took the picture of the downed tree shortly after we left. By the time we got back to the Fort, it was cleared off the road. They are still cleaning up the smaller stuff, but they were pretty quick to respond and ensured everyones safety.

I took a stroll around and it looks worse than it is.

From what I could see, no campers were damaged. At least I didn't see any trees or traps on any. There were allot of the easy ups either not where they were supposed to be or in twisted balls of metal. There was even a gators one that didn't fair to well. There were a few awnings that were forgotten and didn't make it through. the worst of which was ripped off the side of the camper. The worst was the trees. Trees down everywhere. One fell acrossed the road by the 1400 loop. The one Curt posted in the 1600 area and another on the backside of the 300. There are also large branches littered about that fell off. Curt reported at least one golf cart that had a tree fall on it.

One thing I have to say is, kudos to the Fort staff. During the storm, they had nearly all of the staff out driving the loops making sure everyone was ok. From security, to the rangers, to the site maintainers. They were out in the height of the storm just in case. They were also quick to respond. This is how quick they were to clear the debris. We left to get some dinner at McDonalds by the publix on 535. Maybe a 30 min round trip. When we were leaving, Curt drove in. I know this because I saw him. He took the picture of the downed tree shortly after we left. By the time we got back to the Fort, it was cleared off the road. They are still cleaning up the smaller stuff, but they were pretty quick to respond and ensured everyones safety.

Devores, I agree with you. We just got set up and he'll broke loose. I saw as you did some awnings that didn't make it. Although there was not a tornado or a severe one, the place looks beaten up with all the branches and debris. Why do I have the feeling when I wake up the place will look as good as it always does

Okay I am finally here.  No I don't have one of those new-fangled I-pads yet.  We did see a couple of awnings left out that got twisted up.  The 20 foot tree branch I mentioned was actually sitting on the back of our renters golf cart, less than 6 feet from our awning.  That was a close one.

The tree in the 1600 loop came halfway down and was caught in the trees.  Security did allow people to continue driving down the road, which surprised me.  Next time I went by, minutes later, the tree was all the way down and halfway across the road.  Thank God there wasn't a golf cart going by then.

When we drove back towards the fort when it was getting really bad, the rain was blowing and swirling in every direction very strong as I drove into the fort entrance. 

Here is a video at a Lowes in Winter Garden, north of Disney.  Sure looks and sounds like a tornado.

http://www.wesh.com/weather/Raw-video-Strong-winds-surprise-customers-employees-at-Lowe-s/-/11789714/19447468/-/15iy15l/-/index.html?utm_source=hootsuite&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=wesh%2B2%2Bnews

At least no damage to ours.

Looks like things are back to normal at the fort.

We left the Fort this morning on our way to AK (yes Lou... it's 7:15 and we aren't in our beds) I really expected to see storm damage and there is none outside of the fort.

I realize we have all those pine needles in the fort to get blown down and make it look worse but we haven't seen anything since leaving the fort that looks like a storm came thru here at all.