Hey gang - I'm going to start regularly putting up anything that would be considered Fort or general WDW "News" on the Info side of the site.  This will be generally be info that's been officially confirmed by "the big cheese" himself (pun totally intended), but if anyone gets some good information to share from a reliable source, please pass it along.

It's perfectly fine to continue to share this stuff here in the forums, and if people don't mind, I may cherry pick some of what you all share to put together Info pages from time to time (if anyone would rather I not do that, please let me know). 

The advantage to creating Info pages on the website side of things is that they won't get buried amongst 3+ pages of new threads every day.  That should make them easier to find for all of us, including new people coming in, easier to go back and find down the road, and should also help give us a boost in the search rankings.

They'll also be at least a little protected from getting lost amongst the hijacking - although there's always the comments section at the bottom!   8)

You'll be able to find the News articles by just going to the MAIN INFO PAGE, where the latest articles will appear below the 3 that are currently pinned, or by going to the News section directly here...

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/news/

At least for the short term, I'll post threads here letting people know new info has been posted and providing a link to the page.

And a reminder for those that may not know, we have a  SITE MAP PAGE which should help you find all the great info we've got stored over on the website side of things pretty easily.  You can find it here...

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/info/site-map-find-what-you-need-here-r99

As always, if anyone has updated or new information on anything we've got there, please let me know.  I'd just ask that you cite your source if it's not firsthand info.

Thanks all - Content Po-Po Out!  :parrot:

I don't remember it ever closing last year when we were there the week before Easter, but maybe I just didn't know?

It probaly did close but with proper planning and a well executed plan you can feel as though the park wasn't that bad, but what am I saying you already know this.

I don't remember it ever closing last year when we were there the week before Easter, but maybe I just didn't know?

It probaly did close but with proper planning and a well executed plan you can feel as though the park wasn't that bad, but what am I saying you already know this.

As a resort guest, you wouldn't notice it.

The typical closure is what they call a Level 3- this is where they turn people in cars away at the toll plaza, and make them go to other resorts.  Resort guests (and passholders and guests with MK dining reservations) are still allowed to come through, and those using Disney transportation don't even know about it.  The only park that has had Level 3 closures in recent history is the MK.  There is a higher level of closure where the park is closed to any guest, but I haven't heard of one of those happening any time lately.

TCD

Info on the 4 levels of park closures and who does/doesn't get in...

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/info/theme-park-info/theme-park-capacity-closures-r272

Interesting thing is that they seem to be bypassing level 1 and 2 closures and going straight to 3 this week.  Could just be that things are filling up so quickly there's no sense making a formal level 1 or 2 closure announcement.

Last time I recall a Phase 4 closure was New Year's Eve 2009 at MK.  I looked back and it closed to ALL guests at around 11am and didn't reopen again until about 9:30pm.

With the new Fantasyland now open, I would think it unlikely MK hits that again, but if it does, it's most likely to be on New Year's Eve or July 4th.