A great time with Fiends in Gettysburg

Sil and I had a great time camping with all the Fiends in Gettysburg. We also got to take the dog on his very First camping trip. He did great. I have a bunch of pictures from both our new camera and the regular point and shoot camera to share. 

We left CT around 6:20am which wasn't bad. I had hoped for 6 am. We didn't take any pictures on our way to Gettysburg. We stopped twice mostly to let the dog go for a walk and made it to Gettysburg around 12:30. 

Most of the Fiends were already there and set up, Aaron came in a couple of ours later. 

As we set up our tent we managed to snap a pole. It was not catastrophic at the time and I was able to borrow some electrical tape to hold it together for the weekend. 

I dont have descriptions for a lot of the pictures so I am going to share them and I will answer questions as they come up. 

Our tent with Beckers Tent in the background. 

IMG_0222_zpsf50f24ab.jpg

Looking down Fiend Row with Sil walking Jedi

IMG_0225_zps4da2b3ff.jpg

The Fiends Huddle around the Fire

IMG_0226_zps3c64b4a3.jpg

I believe Rennie Expanded the fire pit potential the next day.

IMG_0227_zpsf2737a9e.jpg

Mr. Whip I believe. ( If i get a name with the wrong person I KNOW soemone will correct me.)

IMG_0228_zps574859e3.jpg

More pics of the area

IMG_0229_zpsc0434b98.jpg

IMG_0230_zpsb4a01932.jpg

IMG_0231_zps826175bf.jpg

IMG_0232_zps5072844a.jpg

Brian aka Mr. Beckers and Adams playing...before the meltdown.

IMG_0233_zpscbaca3c7.jpg

IMG_0234_zpsf1a7e755.jpg

IMG_0235_zps33375d74.jpg

IMG_0237_zpsa417fb7e.jpg

You can see Aaron's PUP in the background now which meant pretty much all of the fiends had arrived. Pam and Starla were coming and going because Starla had work and other things. We never did see Starla all weekend. 

A Fiend sign!

IMG_0240_zpseae0a0c5.jpg

Most of us had them out on display. Mine and Sil's was unfortunately back home as we couldn't fit it in the car with all the heating gear we had to bring. 

After the Meltdown

IMG_0241_zps789a942b.jpg

I think I am going to stop here for now. I will pick this back up tomorrow. 

I'm in too! Gotta find out what I missed during all those trips back home to walk dogs, feed cats, check on mom, and drive Starla...

Absolutely nothing! We were well behaved and sat quietly around the fire.

LOL felt the need to repeat yourself huh? I don't care if you say it two times or ten times, no way am I falling for that...

• 4 weeks later...

So I have to apologize. I slacked on this big time. In my defense I was taking care of customers going to Disney but if others with much more pressing things on their plates can pick there trip reports back up so can I.

I left off with the aftermath of Adam's meltdown. 

Here is a shot of Aaron's wife and kids.

IMG_0242_zps6e63454b.jpg

And the early stages of the fire. This will expand greatly. 

IMG_0243_zpse70fb399.jpg

Random scenery shots

IMG_0247_zps7b40f3a0.jpg

Direction sign to teh different areas of the campground.

IMG_0248_zpsba19e44e.jpg

Looking back at Fiend Row from the bathrooms on the hill.

IMG_0249_zps7fae140b.jpg

Aaron and his son walking

IMG_0251_zps927bd3ec.jpg

IMG_0252_zps95035ea1.jpg

The sky looked kind of cool.

IMG_0253_zps2731cdd1.jpg

Some of the buildings around the campground.

IMG_0254_zps56cdb9bc.jpg

IMG_0255_zps18d65cb7.jpg

Look a windmill

IMG_0257_zps40902cda.jpg

And one last sky pic. 

IMG_0260_zps18b9e189.jpg

Some time during this evening Silvia and I decided we were hungry so I proceeded to break out my brand new Coleman Road Trip Grill That I bought and made sure to have before this trip. We were tired of some of the cheap equipment we had bought over the years and decided it was time for a nice upgrade. I got it out and started setting it up and realized something. I left the regulator at home. I had no way to connect the propane to the grill. Beckers and family were kind enough to let us use the grill they had so we could cook up some burgers. 

After dinner we all gathered around the campfire but Silvia and I realized quickly that 20 people around a small fire doesnt work so well. Between the cold and being tired we decided to head to bed. 

It got cold that night. Colder than expected. I believe it hit 28 degrees. Fortunately we had brought a heated matress pad, and Electric blanket and an electric heater. It got cool in the tent but we had no problems sleeping. 

I will pick this up in the next installment with Breakfast and heading out to see Gettysburg a little bit. 

• 1 month later...