Eat Your Heart Out Marty McFly......AC's 1978-1989 Trip Back in Time (updates that go back to 1975 commenced on 3-12-15 )

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's head to the ole fashioned swimmin hole, shall we?   We start out with a classic Disney relic of the past:       I should stop right here and pick it up later.   Those pics deserve their own up

He's moving even slower than brown paint guy ...

And here we go:                       Do you remember this character experience?     Moving on in Future World:                         Was that a Commodore 64?   How about robot

Hammocks could be brought back easily and cheaply.  Come on Jose.  Don't be a cheapskate.

Actually my younger brothers were the hooligans.  I was much better behaved.

Bring back the hammocks and the dam* wagons!

I agree... Come on Jose ...  Just charge the locals .25 to use the pool and $1.00 for the pavilion.  That can buy the hammocks.

As far as being better behaved, you figured out you we're gonna be a cop early on didn't you..?

:hah:  The wagons....  I'm still crushed by the cruel April fools joke....   I may never recover.... :rofl2:

• 3 weeks later...

There has been a lot going on here as many of you know from following the broken femur thread.....let's get a quick update in while I can.

A few site pics from the 900 loop:

IMG_7878_zps5d79775a.jpg

IMG_7879_zps551f8690.jpg

IMG_7880_zps4bc4383e.jpg

IMG_7881_zps9048fd64.jpg

IMG_7882_zps54bd6702.jpg

Now we head to Disney/MGM Studios and the backlot tour:

IMG_7883_zps94f2c080.jpg

IMG_7884_zpsbb0b6749.jpg

IMG_7885_zps13802c9f.jpg

IMG_7886_zps89e8d683.jpg

IMG_7887_zpsa39936fc.jpg

IMG_7888_zps12a07d34.jpg

IMG_7889_zps2041105f.jpg

IMG_7890_zpsc80504ea.jpg

IMG_7891_zps93a5a462.jpg

IMG_7892_zps2e80ddaf.jpg

IMG_7893_zpsd674e1cf.jpg

IMG_7894_zpsbacf11e8.jpg

IMG_7895_zps831be351.jpg

IMG_7896_zpseafd9a9f.jpg

IMG_7897_zpsb501e189.jpg

IMG_7898_zps2c762bfe.jpg

IMG_7899_zpsbfd5db81.jpg

IMG_7900_zps33617f95.jpg

IMG_7901_zps720418f5.jpg

IMG_7902_zps9d16319b.jpg

There will be more Disney/MGM circa 1989 in the next update.....and the next update will be the last update......until I receive the next treasure trove of photos which will be more like the quality of the original report and not the horrible quality of these most recent updates......there will be some good stuff in the new batch!  Until then and hopefully soon, there is only one more of these updates left.

Great update.  I miss seeing the Golden Girls' house on the backlot tour!

it was better back then, wasn't it?

What an AWESOME trip report! The first time I went to Disneyworld was about 11 years ago, so it's cool to see the changes it's gone through, since it opened!

Thanks SB.  Glad you are enjoying it.

Nice to see. We were there for our honeymoon in June 1989 but only went to MK and EPCOT. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad you're along for the ride.

I love the truck, Aaron. Very nice. Would be fun to still own that.

The van was okay but the suburban in the early part of this TR, would be really cool to still own now.

I miss when there used to be wilderness at Fort Wilderness!

Look how wooded that 900 loop campsite looks.

TCD

I did like it better back then.....

This will be the last update for this latest group of photos......remember they are just pics I have taken of VHS video....so the quality admittedly SMB.

I do have a line on another group of pics that should be more like the quality of photo in the initial rendition of this TR.

Hopefully, I will have them in my hot little hands soon.

They should be good.

Anyway, we will finish this latest addition to this TR with more from Disney/MGM Studios circa 1989:

IMG_7903_zpsa3766c90.jpg

IMG_7904_zpsce3095d4.jpg

IMG_7905_zps2a1fa7aa.jpg

IMG_7907_zpse660b484.jpg

IMG_7908_zpsfd843909.jpg

And now for something really anti-climactic..........fireworks pictures.

But these are no ordinary fireworks pictures.....these are pics of fireworks at Disney/MGM studios.

That's not something you can see every day at Disney's Hollywood Studios:

IMG_7914_zps489892f4.jpg

IMG_7915_zps17da06bd.jpg

IMG_7916_zps4dcf1dbf.jpg

IMG_7918_zps9d7393d9.jpg

ooooooooohhhhh.

aaaaaaaaahhhhhh.

I could have posted many more, but you get the idea.

These are like any other fireworks.  Except these were at what is now known as DHS.

Anyone else have fireworks pictures from Disney/MGM Studios?  If not.....I guess I have bragging rights as TCD would say.

If you do, I'll gladly share the prize with you.

If you have never seen fireworks at Disney/MGM Studios, you really should. 

Or....you know.......not.

That's it for now.....signing off until I collect the next bundle of photos.

That's it! When I pick up my parents this week at the airport, the first thing I am going to do is tell them how deprived I was because they did not take me too WDW enough as a child.

Of course years down the road, I imagine my own children will be telling me the same thing. I will just blame their dad for that. :rofl3:

That's it! When I pick up my parents this week at the airport, the first thing I am going to do is tell them how deprived I was because they did not take me too WDW enough as a child.

Of course years down the road, I imagine my own children will be telling me the same thing. I will just blame their dad for that. :rofl3:

I have awesome memories of our stays at the Fort while growing up.

River Country, hammocks on the beach, swimming and making sandcastles at the beach, railroad, catching buses and trams with my brother, wandering around, buying clear plastic cubes of various types of candy at the trading post, which we walked to zillions of times from the 900 loop across the way, playing basketball and tetherball..............................

Campfire, smores, outdoor movies, canoeing, fishing, playing catch, hanging out under the awning after dark, drinking an ice cold beer, Musket Mickey signage, HDDR, Trails End's make your own pizza night, trash cans that looked like tree stumps, benches that looked like split logs................

I only stayed at the Fort one time as a kid....Christmas 1977.  I was either deprived or spoiled...depending on one's perspective.  But since it was the best my parents could do, I'll just be grateful for the wonderful memories.

We have to be grateful. So many kids dont ever get the opportunity to go. It is a once in a lifetime type trip for a lot of people and we have been there numerous times. We have taken our kids a few times now and I hope they will always cherish the memories made there too; and then take their own kids someday..........while we tag along and bug them all of course.

• 9 months later...

OK. Any time now would be good.

TCD

From the "I am...." Thread yesterday:

Hurting pretty badly the last couple days.....but within a few days of procuring a treasure trove of vintage stuff for my Back in Time TR....

A virtual cornucopia if you will.

New fiends, go check out the report and catch up so you can follow along when i start the new updates.

That's right, updates. Plural. There will be a ton of new stuff.

Stay Tuned....